With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Caravan of Thousands Is Pushing Again Toward the U.S. Border

Message 51 of 234

@ChasKy53 wrote:

You are avoiding answering what makes you so knowledgeable about these countries or those similar to these type countries. I will continue to not answer because you keep making this personal.

This is discussion forum where we engage in discussions with each.   I am disagreeing with your posts the same as you are mine.  No, I am not posting along with partisan lines as there is disagreement with my opinions from both sides.  My opinions is more in line with law and regulations, and my own opinions based on experience, rather than partisan views.  

I am familiar with what it is like to be an immigrant and the process.  Additionally I am familiar with migrants attempting entry into this country for asylum when the only reason was economic but claiming oppression.

I would believe that there is no reason for us to continue this discussion.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 234

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

You seem to be obsessed with the term "illegal immigrant"

You keep ranting about "illegal immigrant".  Could you quote me using that term?  I used the term legal immigrant. I also used the term illegal alien.  None of those in route to America are illegal aliens.

You keep ranting that I use the term "illegal alien" incorrectly all the time. Could you quote me one time I used the term where it was not called for? It finally sounds like you now understand the difference between the two. I'm glad you learned something today!

Referring to these people in any way as illegals or that they will enter illegally is fallacy. These people aren't near here yet, won't be until around the middle of December.  I have always understood the difference, you haven't taught anyone anything except how to use 'spin' in trying to show that these people are a threat. They have done nothing that is threatening. Trump is the threat, sending 15,000 armed soldiers.

It sounds like you STILL don't get it. They are NOT illegal aliens until they enter illegally! No ...... you are the one that just doesn't "get it" because I have been saying that all along. Stop hinting that any of these are or will become "illegal aliens", because none have displayed any actions of an "illegal alien".

You just learned what an illegal aliens is - you should be proud.

ROFLMAO!  Thanks for the laughs.

Tell Richva that also since he is having the same difficulty you are. Can't you tell him yourself? These people are in Tijuana right now. Some are at the border in California and have not broken any laws yet, so what is your point?  

You already said they will arrive in December yet they are here now. Were you asleep? The vast majority will arrive in December, but another caravan that started out far closer in at the California border right now. You should stay more informed. Now that you are awake I have taught you something new. Congratulations!

Maybe you ought to look at a map to see just where they are! ROFLMAO !!!

Liberal speak for I don't know nothing.

no, just an honest laugh, I get them often discussing things with faux conservatives.

Trump is NOT a threat to anyone who is a thinking citizen of the U.S. Oh? So the majority in this country are not "thinking citizens"? 

The majority DON'T want an invasion of illegals. The minority are the non thinking.

Oh, I'm sorry you have such a low opinion of the majority in America, or that you think so much of yourself that you think that you are right and the majority is wrong.

He sent the military to back up the border patrol to be pro-active to prevent storming of our borders illegally (something the left supports).  The military isn't allowed to touch or impair anyone, they are stringing barbed wire. No one is "storming our borders illegally". Please quote me or anyone saying that they support "storming our borders illegally". More false accusations.

Pro active instead of stupid reactive.

Proactive stringing barbed wire ......... how impressive!

Gee, can't wait for some more "adult discussion !

When are you going to post some adult discussion, never?

When I have something adult to reply to. So yes, possibly never.  Gee, hasn't this been refreshing?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 234

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

You keep ranting about "illegal immigrant".  Could you quote me using that term?  I used the term legal immigrant. I also used the term illegal alien.  None of those in route to America are illegal aliens.

You keep ranting that I use the term "illegal alien" incorrectly all the time. Could you quote me one time I used the term where it was not called for? It finally sounds like you now understand the difference between the two. I'm glad you learned something today!

Referring to these people in any way as illegals or that they will enter illegally is fallacy. These people aren't near here yet, won't be until around the middle of December.  I have always understood the difference, you haven't taught anyone anything except how to use 'spin' in trying to show that these people are a threat. They have done nothing that is threatening. Trump is the threat, sending 15,000 armed soldiers.

It sounds like you STILL don't get it. They are NOT illegal aliens until they enter illegally! No ...... you are the one that just doesn't "get it" because I have been saying that all along. Stop hinting that any of these are or will become "illegal aliens", because none have displayed any actions of an "illegal alien".

You just learned what an illegal aliens is - you should be proud.

Tell Richva that also since he is having the same difficulty you are. Can't you tell him yourself? These people are in Tijuana right now. Some are at the border in California and have not broken any laws yet, so what is your point?  

You already said they will arrive in December yet they are here now. Were you asleep?

Maybe you ought to look at a map to see just where they are! ROFLMAO !!!

Liberal speak for I don't know nothing.

Trump is NOT a threat to anyone who is a thinking citizen of the U.S. Oh? So the majority in this country are not "thinking citizens"? 

The majority DON'T want an invasion of illegals. The minority are the non thinking.

He sent the military to back up the border patrol to be pro-active to prevent storming of our borders illegally (something the left supports).  The military isn't allowed to touch or impair anyone, they are stringing barbed wire. No one is "storming our borders illegally". Please quote me or anyone saying that they support "storming our borders illegally". More false accusations.

Pro active instead of stupid reactive.

When are you going to post some adult discussion, never?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 234

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

It sounds like you STILL don't get it. They are NOT illegal aliens until they enter illegally! No ...... you are the one that just doesn't "get it" because I have been saying that all along. Stop hinting that any of these are or will become "illegal aliens", because none have displayed any actions of an "illegal alien". Tell Richva that also since he is having the same difficulty you are. Can't you tell him yourself? These people are in Tijuana right now. Some are at the border in California and have not broken any laws yet, so what is your point?  Maybe you ought to look at a map to see just where they are! ROFLMAO !!!

Trump is NOT a threat to anyone who is a thinking citizen of the U.S. Oh? So the majority in this country are not "thinking citizens"?  He sent the military to back up the border patrol to be pro-active to prevent storming of our borders illegally (something the left supports).  The military isn't allowed to touch or impair anyone, they are stringing barbed wire. No one is "storming our borders illegally". Please quote me or anyone saying that they support "storming our borders illegally". More false accusations.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 234

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:(in blue text)

I am giving my observations from observing people in different countries that are similar to these Central American countries.  Can you speak from experience from being among them for extended periods of time?  So then, you have never spent time among those people in those South American countries. I am going by what is actually happening where these people are coming from and that is plenty to base an informed opinion on. Again, you make it personal.

You are avoiding answering what makes you so knowledgeable about these countries or those similar to these type countries. I will continue to not answer because you keep making this personal. Basically your entire posts on this issue is based on a partisan outlook of liberalism, and not on thorough research. So now you attack with "partisan" and "liberal", still personal and erroneous. One might say that you are only repeating the party line. One might say the same thing about your opinions.

You still fail to say how you know that college educated individuals are among these migrants, or that they can't feed their families. I said that it has been announced on all major networks, you should really read closer and pay more attention to what the major networks have broadcast. I would believe that those with education would have applied for visas to enter our country instead of of walking across Mexico. Doesn't really matter "what you would believe".  Education is a big thing in third world countries, even more so than here, and educated individuals rarely associate with those with little or no education. Oh, so the educated are prejudiced? Again, just a personal opinion of yours.

But in the end it will be immigration officials who will decide if any of these migrants enter the country, not those on social media. And that is exactly what I have been saying all along so why do you bother with all of the comments?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 234

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Richva, that's quite a price tag for running some barbed wire and standing with shields displayed.

Of course if they were not doing that, they would be practically doing the same with field training at their home bases.  Reading the posts here one would think the military would be sitting around all day doing nothing when in garrison.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 234

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Trump is NOT a threat to anyone who is a thinking citizen of the U.S. He sent the military to back up the border patrol to be pro-active to prevent storming of our borders illegally (something the left supports).

It sounds like you STILL don't get it. They are NOT illegal aliens until they enter illegally! Tell Richva that also since he is having the same difficulty you are. These people are in Tijuana right now. Maybe you ought to look at a map to see just where they are!

Trump just sent 15,000 American soldiers into my backyard so they can sit around all day in the mud as a political gesture.  We are both saying the same thing about the caravan. They have broken no laws so why is Trump warning against them? 

The left is reactive while Trump is proactive. Need more explanation?

I would kind of like an explanation of what those 15,000 soldiers are doing camped out in the mud. Yes.  That would be nice. 

Maybe you are observing a Boy Scout Troop camping at White Sands, NM but those 5,000 soldiers are in California right now - not in your view.

Arizona is pretty darn close. Closer than the caravan is to the U.S.  I did notice you did not answer the question. Perhaps I can help with what the media is discovering about what they are doing. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/what-are-5-200-troops-going-do-border-maybe-not-n934501...

Richva, that's quite a price tag for running some barbed wire and standing with shields displayed.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 234

Why guys don't want to believe is that Jim is really worried that they will all appear at his door demanding to be taken care of. LOL That is what makes him so preoccupied. LOL

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 234

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Trump is NOT a threat to anyone who is a thinking citizen of the U.S. He sent the military to back up the border patrol to be pro-active to prevent storming of our borders illegally (something the left supports).

It sounds like you STILL don't get it. They are NOT illegal aliens until they enter illegally! Tell Richva that also since he is having the same difficulty you are. These people are in Tijuana right now. Maybe you ought to look at a map to see just where they are!

Trump just sent 15,000 American soldiers into my backyard so they can sit around all day in the mud as a political gesture.  We are both saying the same thing about the caravan. They have broken no laws so why is Trump warning against them? 

The left is reactive while Trump is proactive. Need more explanation?

I would kind of like an explanation of what those 15,000 soldiers are doing camped out in the mud. Yes.  That would be nice. 

Maybe you are observing a Boy Scout Troop camping at White Sands, NM but those 5,000 soldiers are in California right now - not in your view.

Arizona is pretty darn close. Closer than the caravan is to the U.S.  I did notice you did not answer the question. Perhaps I can help with what the media is discovering about what they are doing. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/what-are-5-200-troops-going-do-border-maybe-not-n934501...

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 234

@Richva wrote:

I would kind of like an explanation of what those 15,000 soldiers are doing camped out in the mud. Yes.  That would be nice

Of course you would.  But what 15,000 soldiers are you referring to?  The latest information indicates that there are just in the neighborhood of a little over 5,000 spread across the border.  I believe that the latest is that number will be sufficient. 

Have you ever had any concern when brigades are out in field training?  During in all sorts of weather?

Kudos
Views