Know someone over 50 who is making a difference? Nominate them for the AARP Purpose Prize.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
143
Views

Re: Caravan of Thousands Is Pushing Again Toward the U.S. Border

143 Views
Message 41 of 234

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Why guys don't want to believe is that Jim is really worried that they will all appear at his door demanding to be taken care of. LOL That is what makes him so preoccupied. LOL


It is not that hard to understand. It is America's door we are talking about. Do you not think it should be defended??

 

What is there to giggle about in our national borders??


Defended? From a group of petitioners on foot, with children? I worked for CBP and can tell you the line officers can take those people without "up to" 15K soldiers camping in the mud. 


Yes, to insure that all those arriving comply with the rules.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
143
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
157
Views

Re: Caravan of Thousands Is Pushing Again Toward the U.S. Border

157 Views
Message 42 of 234

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@john258 wrote:


 Glad to hear you are now starting to agree with what the Army report said. This is a waste of time and money to send the troops.


I have not been agreeing nor disagreeing and don't consider it a waste of time and money.  In fact I believe that it fits in with their routine training in an actual situation.  As far as soldiers being in Texas when the migrants are heading to California, I see that there are Marines performing tasks in California.

 

Suggest that it is going too far when you start attributing something to me that is not so.


No new troops were sent to CA. There were already troops on the border in CA just like there were in every other state, and more were not needed per the Army report. The experts in the Army gave us the real picture that is their job. What you or I consider does not matter, but what the experts say does. They say it is a waste of time and money and that is fact.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
157
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
152
Views

Re: Caravan of Thousands Is Pushing Again Toward the U.S. Border

152 Views
Message 43 of 234

@john258 wrote:


 Glad to hear you are now starting to agree with what the Army report said. This is a waste of time and money to send the troops.


I have not been agreeing nor disagreeing and don't consider it a waste of time and money.  In fact I believe that it fits in with their routine training in an actual situation.  As far as soldiers being in Texas when the migrants are heading to California, I see that there are Marines performing tasks in California.

 

Suggest that it is going too far when you start attributing something to me that is not so.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
152
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
153
Views

Re: Caravan of Thousands Is Pushing Again Toward the U.S. Border

153 Views
Message 44 of 234

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:


Defended? From a group of petitioners on foot, with children? I worked for CBP and can tell you the line officers can take those people without "up to" 15K soldiers camping in the mud. 


If you had worked for the agency then you should know that they should appreciate the assistance from the military in the logistics therefore relieving them to handle the expected thousands.  From your posts not supporting the CBP it sounds as if you had a minor role in the CBP.

 

Regarding women and children, from the photos being posted it appears that the majority is able bodied men. 

 

As far as 15K soldiers, the estimates are that they will number with a maximum of 5,000.  As far as camping in the mud, that is doubtful.  There are medical, security and others that will be housed in dry surroundings.  Probably better than if they were on field training at their home bases.


Since the solders are in TX, and the people arriving are in CA they get no help from them. Our on site TV reporter says you are incorrect. Glad to hear you are now starting to agree with what the Army report said. This is a waste of time and money to send the troops.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
153
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
148
Views

Re: Caravan of Thousands Is Pushing Again Toward the U.S. Border

148 Views
Message 45 of 234

@Richva wrote:


Defended? From a group of petitioners on foot, with children? I worked for CBP and can tell you the line officers can take those people without "up to" 15K soldiers camping in the mud. 


If you had worked for the agency then you should know that they should appreciate the assistance from the military in the logistics therefore relieving them to handle the expected thousands.  From your posts not supporting the CBP it sounds as if you had a minor role in the CBP.

 

Regarding women and children, from the photos being posted it appears that the majority is able bodied men. 

 

As far as 15K soldiers, the estimates are that they will number with a maximum of 5,000.  As far as camping in the mud, that is doubtful.  There are medical, security and others that will be housed in dry surroundings.  Probably better than if they were on field training at their home bases.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
148
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
148
Views

Re: Caravan of Thousands Is Pushing Again Toward the U.S. Border

148 Views
Message 46 of 234

@rk9152 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Why guys don't want to believe is that Jim is really worried that they will all appear at his door demanding to be taken care of. LOL That is what makes him so preoccupied. LOL


It is not that hard to understand. It is America's door we are talking about. Do you not think it should be defended??

 

What is there to giggle about in our national borders??


Defended? From a group of petitioners on foot, with children? I worked for CBP and can tell you the line officers can take those people without "up to" 15K soldiers camping in the mud. 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
148
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
141
Views

Re: Caravan of Thousands Is Pushing Again Toward the U.S. Border

141 Views
Message 47 of 234

@rker321 wrote:

Why guys don't want to believe is that Jim is really worried that they will all appear at his door demanding to be taken care of. LOL That is what makes him so preoccupied. LOL


It is not that hard to understand. It is America's door we are talking about. Do you not think it should be defended??

 

What is there to giggle about in our national borders??

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
141
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
153
Views

Re: Caravan of Thousands Is Pushing Again Toward the U.S. Border

153 Views
Message 48 of 234

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:


These people are in Tijuana right now. Some are at the border in California and have not broken any laws yet, so what is your point? 

 There are over 3,000 in Tijuana right now with more expected within days.  They are causing problems for the people and government of that city, and face a long wait before even applying for asylum.  Already there have been some who has entered the U.S. illegally.

 

How long would you think that they might get impatient and attemtpt to break through the border like they did at the Honduras/Mexico border crossing?  There has already been violence in Tijuana.

 

 



In your last posting you said  "I would believe that there is no reason for us to continue this discussion".  Regardless of what you just posted, they have the right to come to our border seeking acceptance into America.

 

Have a nice night.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
153
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
151
Views

Re: Caravan of Thousands Is Pushing Again Toward the U.S. Border

151 Views
Message 49 of 234

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:


 

You are avoiding answering what makes you so knowledgeable about these countries or those similar to these type countries. I will continue to not answer because you keep making this personal.


This is discussion forum where we engage in discussions with each.   I am disagreeing with your posts the same as you are mine.  No, I am not posting along with partisan lines as there is disagreement with my opinions from both sides.  My opinions is more in line with law and regulations, and my own opinions based on experience, rather than partisan views.  

 

I am familiar with what it is like to be an immigrant and the process.  Additionally I am familiar with migrants attempting entry into this country for asylum when the only reason was economic but claiming oppression.

 

I would believe that there is no reason for us to continue this discussion.

 

 


Regardless of you opinion, or your experience, these people have the right to come to our border and immigrate into America by any legal means made available to them, no matter what reasons they have. 

 

Have a nice night. And I wish a nice night to those hiking very far to get to America.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
151
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
155
Views

Re: Caravan of Thousands Is Pushing Again Toward the U.S. Border

155 Views
Message 50 of 234

@ChasKy53 wrote:


These people are in Tijuana right now. Some are at the border in California and have not broken any laws yet, so what is your point? 

 There are over 3,000 in Tijuana right now with more expected within days.  They are causing problems for the people and government of that city, and face a long wait before even applying for asylum.  Already there have been some who has entered the U.S. illegally.

 

How long would you think that they might get impatient and attemtpt to break through the border like they did at the Honduras/Mexico border crossing?  There has already been violence in Tijuana.

 

 


Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
155
Views