Your pain isn't like anyone else's, and science is homing in on better treatments. Read about the newest ways to break pain's grip.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Caravan of Thousands Is Pushing Again Toward the U.S. Border

Message 31 of 234

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Here's some info from the IRS concerning the "burden" undocumented workers place on the Government

Immigrants without a SSN make significant tax contributions

at the federal, state and local level.

This includes payroll taxes (Medicare and Social Security). In 2010, a

Treasury study showed over 3 million unauthorized workers,

including ITIN- filers, paid over $13 billion into Social Security.

Undocumented immigrants contribute to these programs but do not

receive benefits, creating a net positive effect on the programs’

financial security.

In 2010, over 3 million federal tax returns were filed with ITINs, which accounted for over $870 million in income taxes. That's 6 million of the 11 million undocumented people filing Federal taxes, PAYING a total of $13.9 BILLION in 2010 alone.

At the state and local level, the Institute on Taxation and Economic

Policy (ITEP), estimates that undocumented immigrants collectively

contribute an estimated $11.74 billion in state and local taxes

each year.

DACA recipients alone pay about $2 billion dollars in state and local taxes.

This amounts to a larger share of their incomes in state and local

taxes than the top 1% of taxpayers do (8.9% for DACA recipients vs. 5.4% for the top 1%)

So that's what the IRS has to say about the financial impact of all those undocumented people being here in the USA.

WHAT IS THE SOURCE FOR THE NONSENSE GOPers SPEW ABOUT ILLEGALS COSTING US BILLIONS? 

https://fairus.org/issue/publications-resources/fiscal-burden-illegal-immigration-united-states-taxp...

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 234

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Why guys don't want to believe is that Jim is really worried that they will all appear at his door demanding to be taken care of. LOL That is what makes him so preoccupied. LOL

It is not that hard to understand. It is America's door we are talking about. Do you not think it should be defended??

What is there to giggle about in our national borders??

Defended? From a group of petitioners on foot, with children? I worked for CBP and can tell you the line officers can take those people without "up to" 15K soldiers camping in the mud. 

Yes, to insure that all those arriving comply with the rules.

But the military is banned from exactly those activities by law so, I guess, they have no purpose on the border other than to satisfy the Trump base. 

The military is NOT banned from preventing an invasion from foreign sources! As long as the "immigrants" stay orderly on the Mexican side of the border or are filling out documents to immigrate, the military serves only as protection against people who "break in" becoming illegal aliens and criminals. Hopefully, their service is insurance ONLY.

The military planners who worked this mission gave a report to Command that this mission was a waste of time and money. Command agreed with them and changed the name of the mission but had to send troops due to an incompment President.

Not sure what an imcompment President is, but he is proactive instead of reactive. I don't know what the plan is IF they breach the border illegally but I assume he has a plan.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 234

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Why guys don't want to believe is that Jim is really worried that they will all appear at his door demanding to be taken care of. LOL That is what makes him so preoccupied. LOL

It is not that hard to understand. It is America's door we are talking about. Do you not think it should be defended??

Defended? From a group of petitioners on foot, with children? I worked for CBP and can tell you the line officers can take those people without "up to" 15K soldiers camping in the mud. 

But the military is banned from exactly those activities by law so, I guess, they have no purpose on the border other than to satisfy the Trump base. 

The military is NOT banned from preventing an invasion from foreign sources! As long as the "immigrants" stay orderly on the Mexican side of the border or are filling out documents to immigrate, the military serves only as protection against people who "break in" becoming illegal aliens and criminals. Hopefully, their service is insurance ONLY.

The military planners who worked this mission gave a report to Command that this mission was a waste of time and money. Command agreed with them and changed the name of the mission but had to send troops due to an incompment President.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 234

Here's some info from the IRS concerning the "burden" undocumented workers place on the Government

Immigrants without a SSN make significant tax contributions

at the federal, state and local level.

This includes payroll taxes (Medicare and Social Security). In 2010, a

Treasury study showed over 3 million unauthorized workers,

including ITIN- filers, paid over $13 billion into Social Security.

Undocumented immigrants contribute to these programs but do not

receive benefits, creating a net positive effect on the programs’

financial security.

In 2010, over 3 million federal tax returns were filed with ITINs, which accounted for over $870 million in income taxes. That's 6 million of the 11 million undocumented people filing Federal taxes, PAYING a total of $13.9 BILLION in 2010 alone.

At the state and local level, the Institute on Taxation and Economic

Policy (ITEP), estimates that undocumented immigrants collectively

contribute an estimated $11.74 billion in state and local taxes

each year.

DACA recipients alone pay about $2 billion dollars in state and local taxes.

This amounts to a larger share of their incomes in state and local

taxes than the top 1% of taxpayers do (8.9% for DACA recipients vs. 5.4% for the top 1%)

So that's what the IRS has to say about the financial impact of all those undocumented people being here in the USA.

WHAT IS THE SOURCE FOR THE NONSENSE GOPers SPEW ABOUT ILLEGALS COSTING US BILLIONS? 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 234

For decades,  over 1,000,000 people immigrate to the US each year - in 2015 it was 1.380,000 in 2016 it was 1,470,000. there are currently over 42,000,000 LEGAL immigrants in the US and around 11,000,000 ILLEGAL immigrants, over 10 Million of whom were "trapped" on this side of the border when jrbush decided to restrict their ability to move across for seasonal work - they decided to stay where their jobs were and just send the money home. Also, all those with jobs pay income tax and contribute to Social Security and Medicare that THEY CAN NEVER COLLECT.

Both groups are LESS likely to commit a crime than a native born American and the ones like MS13 who commit virtually all the crime somehow are not being targeted.

The inescapable conclusion is the GOPerLords have told their dupes to rant about ILLEGAL immigration as a way to fire up the racists they need to win elections. It's not their lack of paperwork, its their excess of melanin that makes them the object of such hatred from Republicans. For 150 years we bragged about our border with Canada as being the "longest UNDEFENDED National frontier in the World", and somehow we still had a Nation.

All the GOPer-garp about the necessity for impenetrable borders is smoke to cover their raging racism and use of that racism to drive their moronic base to the polls.

Want to solve the "problem" of illegals in this country?

Give everyone here who has a job a green card and make all their kids who have been here at least 5 years and not been convicted of a crime citizens on their 18th birthday.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 234
Not posted..

======================================================

Good post but me thinks that it will not register.

We do have posters that because of their hate of anyone that does not belong to their hate group do not even try to be objective..very telling .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 234

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 234

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 234

@nctarheel wrote:

I checked the archives and I believe that you, at one time, were thoroughly against FEDERAL TROOPS being within the borders of TEXAS for routine training (JADE HELM 15).

Without a doubt you are attempting to make this about me instead of the migrants who are facing controversy in Tijuana.  And if you spent time researching my posts, something common on liberals attempting to play 'gotcha', you would find that I was against the conspiracy theories being spread here about the operation.

Do you recall that Obama also ordered troops to the border to assist the Border Patrol in support activities when migrants was at the border?

So do you have any comments about those migrants creating problems at the border for commerce and other crossings?  Migrants are the topic, not me. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 234

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

In fact I believe that it fits in with their routine training in an actual situation. 

I checked the archives and I believe that you, at one time, were thoroughly against FEDERAL TROOPS being within the borders of TEXAS for routine training (JADE HELM 15).

Why the sudden change in philosophy, @TxGrandpa2?

One was OBAMA'S orders and one was TRUMP'S orders.

Is that the possible difference?

Your crazy GOVERNOR even sent STATE GUARD to MONITOR the FEDERAL TROOP activities because he believed the CONSPIRACY THEORISTS that were saying the FEDERAL TROOPS were there to enforce Martial Law.

TEXANS!!!!!!!

Kudos
Views