Protect your digital identity with AARP’s fraud resource center. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Caravan of Thousands Is Pushing Again Toward the U.S. Border

Message 181 of 234

@nctarheel wrote:

I know plenty when it comes to the mind of a soldier; probably more than you do.

You may have known about the minds of the soldiers of yesteryear but today's soldiers are cut from a different cloth.

It's 2018.

Those serving might be different, but basically what they think are still the same.  The thoughts about military service and complaining is still the same.  At least I've experienced what soldiers feel about assignments like this.  Have you?  Besides, being retired I still have contact with the military

There is no doubt that what you ae posting is more of your own thoughts and opinions than that of the military personnel.  Even so, they are in the service by their own choice to do what is required of them.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 182 of 234

: Caravan of Thousands Is Pushing Again Toward the U.S. Border

Guess I better get the family into the bunker and get locked and loaded, the Apocalypse is almost here.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 183 of 234

OMG everybody lock your doors , board up your windows and load your Assault Rifles because the attack is about to begin !!!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 184 of 234

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

These troops are unnecessary and they know it.

I have no idea as to who 'Trump the Chump' is just as you have no idea of what goes on in the mind of a soldier.  I do know from much experience that soldiers would complain at most anything. I also know they were not drafted, they volunteered for the military that includes whatever they are directed to do. 

I know plenty when it comes to the mind of a soldier; probably more than you do.

You may have known about the minds of the soldiers of yesteryear but today's soldiers are cut from a different cloth.

It's 2018.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 185 of 234

Cnn lol, right your links are valid and real. You need to get with luder and copy and paste some more fake news!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 186 of 234

We have not heard anything about the Caravan from Trump since election day, and by the news out this evening on TV FOX has not talked about it either. Up to election day it was the biggest threat to our country and all Trump, FOX , right wing enablers were talking about. When asked about what happened to the very serious threat to  the Country the WH said it was part of the plan. Looks like the plan was to use the Caravan to get reb. far right to vote the way they were told, and try and scare the rest of the people. The plan did not work so now Trump, FOX have dropped it. That proves what all thinking people said Trump was trying to make a fool out of all voters. Well only his enablers fell for it.

Now the sad part. The military was used as part of this political stunt, and that is the first time in our history a President has used the military for political purposes. The stunt is over but the military are still sitting on the border doing nothing. They are ripped away from their families for the holidays, loosing needed training for their next deployment to a war zone. The Sec. of Defence was with them today. He said they will not come in contact with any border crossers, and the MP will be used only with the troops. He tried to cheer them up. ONCE AGAIN TRUMP DISHONORS THE MILITARY BY HIS MISUSE OF THEM. For shame on all the far right who have pushed this stupidity of sending them as they have done the same thing. They dishonor our military. This operation is costing all of us 200 million extra per the Defence Dept. today. There should be a tax on every Trump supporter to pay that bill. For shame on Trump, and his enablers. I would not expect to here any answers from the far right who have not served in the Military since they would not understand how the military feel.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 187 of 234

Maybe you should try fie fighting.....

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 188 of 234

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

They are TRAINED to BUILD STUFF - like roads,  that bear a striking resemblence to FIRE BREAKS in the initial stages, using heavy equipment designed to operate in extreme conditions. There objective is the protection of Americans, not the intimidation of refugees.

They are trained to do what they are directed to.  In this case to assist in maintaining the integrity of our borders.  Besides the fires in California isn't a topic of this thread.  Further  the state of California has the authority to call up their National Guard if necessary.

CA. is looking at moving its National Guard Troops from the border to fie fighting. That way they will be doing something useful.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 189 of 234

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

It's only a laugh to those who ignore reality, facts, and the truth. The numbers I posted came from Social Security.

Most illegals pay no taxes at all and also pay no SS. If you have such facts from SS, why not post the link? Illegal aliens are a drain on the federal government, drain on the local taxpayer who is funding their education, health benefits (when they show up in ERs), and crime increases.

I just love it when Conservatives make stuff up.  

Of the 8 million undocumented in the workforce, almost half pay taxes even though they could get away with not doing so.  Such a refreshing change compared to the wealthy citizens in our country. 

https://money.cnn.com/2017/04/19/news/economy/undocumented-immigrant-taxes/index.html

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Caravan of Thousands Is Pushing Again Toward the U.S. Border

Message 190 of 234

The Institute of Taxation and Economic Policy, a Washington, DC, think tank, estimates about half of undocumented workers in the United States file income tax returns. The most recent IRS data, from 2015, shows that the agency received 4.4 million income tax returns from workers who don’t have Social Security numbers, which includes a large number of undocumented immigrants. That year, they paid $23.6 billion in income taxes.

Those undocumented workers paid taxes for benefits they can’t even use, like Social Security and Medicare. They also aren’t eligible for benefits like the earned income tax credit. But the IRS still expects unauthorized immigrants to file their taxes, and many of them do so.

https://www.vox.com/2018/4/13/17229018/undocumented-immigrants-pay-taxes

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs