Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Caravan of MILLIONS - Preparing to Push Trump Out

Message 1 of 8

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Anti Trump Protestors 6.png

Carolyn Eberly, center, and her Indivisible group have been knocking on doors since February
Dina Litovsky—Redux for TIME

How the Anti-Trump Resistance Is Organizing Its Outrage

Carolyn Eberly is an unlikely warrior. A former chemist from Waxhaw, N.C., she works at the local library, plays volleyball and wears her blond hair pulled back in a big clip. Her husband has always followed politics, but Eberly used to steer away from it in polite conversation. She voted, but not much else.

Then came President Donald Trump’s election.

“I felt sick to my stomach,” says Eberly, 51. She found herself at the Women’s March in Charlotte, then at rallies for immigrants, then staying up all night reading news articles posted in Facebook groups. She began to feel uncomfortable around her neighbors who voted for Trump and around her volleyball friends who didn’t seem to care about politics. The day after the Women’s March, she saw on Facebook that a woman who lived an hour away was hosting a letter-writing party to pressure local elected officials. Eberly couldn’t make it over, so the woman suggested she host her own event.

Eberly typed up an invitation. Just before she posted it on Facebook, she paused. “You ever have a premonition?” she says, sipping a smoothie at a Panera Bread near her home. “Where you think,

‘This could change my life’?”

Twelve people responded to Eberly’s post. Three showed up. And Indivisible N.C. District 9 was born. Since then, more than 1,000 people have joined either its Facebook group or its email list. In February 2018, long before there was a Democratic nominee in their House district, Eberly and her team began knocking on doors to build rapport with their neighbors and hear about their political priorities, a process called “deep canvassing.” When a Marine veteran and solar-energy entrepreneur named Dan McCready won the Democratic primary in May, Eberly and her friends went back to the same doors they had knocked on months earlier—this time, they were armed with his campaign literature.

Source - http://time.com/longform/democrat-midterm-strategy/

Ms. Alter - you seem to be describing a tragedy, a woman who allowed herself to get so caught up in the cult of hatred that she has taken all the joy out of her life.

I'm one of those millions who want to push trump and his dishonest family out - and into prison where they have always belonged.

I'm a liberal and progressive utterly guilt-free white male who has - for the last forty plus years - despised and detested the coward, liar, fraud, and dirt pimp named trump.

I have always had joy in my life - both from being a liberal, a decent, honest, and honorable patriotic veteran, and American Citizen - and most certainly when Nixon was forced to resign - every time another of the criminals that worked for Nixon was convicted and/or sent to prison - every time Reagan was mocked as a senescent dodderer - every time another of the criminals in his administration got sent to prison - ditto for Bush 41 - ditto for Bush 43 - and now ditto for the treasonous scumbag trump and his criminally dishonest spawn...

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8

@mickstuder wrote:

Carolyn Eberly, center, and her Indivisible group have been knocking on doors since February

Carolyn Eberly is an unlikely warrior. A former chemist from Waxhaw, N.C., she works at the local library, plays volleyball and wears her blond hair pulled back in a big clip. Her husband has always followed politics, but Eberly used to steer away from it in polite conversation. She voted, but not much else.

“I felt sick to my stomach,” says Eberly, 51. She found herself at the Women’s March in Charlotte, then at rallies for immigrants, then staying up all night reading news articles posted in Facebook groups. She began to feel uncomfortable around her neighbors who voted for Trump and around her volleyball friends who didn’t seem to care about politics. The day after the Women’s March, she saw on Facebook that a woman who lived an hour away was hosting a letter-writing party to pressure local elected officials. Eberly couldn’t make it over, so the woman suggested she host her own event.

Eberly typed up an invitation. Just before she posted it on Facebook, she paused. “You ever have a premonition?” she says, sipping a smoothie at a Panera Bread near her home. “Where you think,

Twelve people responded to Eberly’s post. Three showed up. And Indivisible N.C. District 9 was born. Since then, more than 1,000 people have joined either its Facebook group or its email list. In February 2018, long before there was a Democratic nominee in their House district, Eberly and her team began knocking on doors to build rapport with their neighbors and hear about their political priorities, a process called “deep canvassing.” When a Marine veteran and solar-energy entrepreneur named Dan McCready won the Democratic primary in May, Eberly and her friends went back to the same doors they had knocked on months earlier—this time, they were armed with his campaign literature.

Ms. Alter - you seem to be describing a tragedy, a woman who allowed herself to get so caught up in the cult of hatred that she has taken all the joy out of her life.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8

@retiredtraveler wrote:

I have my doubts about pushing Trump out, despite the number of people voting dem in the midterms. Dems don't have a candidate out there yet that (imho), is viable.

I Don't Think You Can Run For President from Prison

Any Functional Adult.png

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8

I have my doubts about pushing Trump out, despite the number of people voting dem in the midterms. Dems don't have a candidate out there yet that (imho), is viable.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

@KidBoy2 wrote:
The correct link title is..

2018 Midterm Election Sets Record as the First to Exceed Voter Turnout of 100 Million People

It is not.... Caravan of MILLIONS - Preparing to Push Trump Out.

Another thread with a made up headline...its getting old.

'Caravan':   a group of travelers journeying together for safety in passing through deserts, hostile territory, etc.

Those 'traveling' to the polls together pass through lots of dangerous right wing territory preparing to push trump out. Yep, it was millions.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8
The correct link title is..

2018 Midterm Election Sets Record as the First to Exceed Voter Turnout of 100 Million People

It is not.... Caravan of MILLIONS - Preparing to Push Trump Out.

Another thread with a made up headline...its getting old.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Caravan of MILLIONS - Preparing to Push Trump Out

Message 8 of 8

Voter turnout for the 2018 midterm elections reached new highs: in all, an estimated 113 million voters cast their ballots, making this year the first midterm to exceed 100 million votes, CBS News reports.

According to the United States Election Project, nearly 48% of eligible voters exercised their right in these midterms, compared to almost 39% in the 2014 election. While the turnout still lags behind 2016’s presidential election—where 56% of eligible voters cast their ballots—it’s a high for the midterms.

This trend was visible even before election day. As of Nov. 1, the number of Texans who cast an early ballot had topped the state’s entire turnout for the 2014 midterms. Another 19 states plus the District of Columbia saw an early voter turnout higher than that of 2014.

A lot of this had to do with the youngest voting generation. According to The Atlantic, more than 3.3 million voters ages 18 to 29 voted via early ballot, a 188% increase from 2014.

But let’s not give the millennials too much credit. This demographic historically has the lowest voter turnout, and while they had the greatest increase in numbers in terms of early voting, they were still the smallest percentage of early voters. People aged 65 and up made up most of the early voting population.

THIS THANKGIVING SPEAK TO YOUR GRANDCHILDREN ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF VOTING

REINFORCE THE SAME MESSAGE AT XMAS AND EVERYTIME YOU SPEAK TO THEM FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS 

YOUNG PEOPLE ARE NOT VOTING - THEY NEED TO VOTE - THEY NEED TO RUN FOR POLTICAL OFFICE

Source - http://fortune.com/2018/11/07/voter-turnout-2018-midterms/

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Replies