Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Caravan Migrants Demand Reparations

Message 11 of 42

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Why is it that so-called conservatives (trump supporters) keep calling brown skinned people that haven't entered the country yet "illegals" when they aren't?

Why is it that liberals keep carrying threads off-topic? 

Why is it that liberals keep bringing up or referring to the skin color of people?  They are the ones who are continually doing so.  That in addition to bring in posts making this partisan.  Why is that?

Is it to take the thread off-topic as they are prone to do?

Those liberals keep bringing up "skin color" because they are racist!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 42

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Why is it that so-called conservatives (trump supporters) keep calling brown skinned people that haven't entered the country yet "illegals" when they aren't?

Why is it that liberals keep bringing up or referring to the skin color of people?  They are the ones who are continually doing so.  That in addition to bring in posts making this partisan.  Why is that?

So what do any of your comments in this reply have to do with the topic?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 42

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

conservatives and so-called independents can bring up Hillary and Obama in topics not about them, but heaven forbid if anyone mentions trump. 

And who has been attempting to bring in Trump in this topic? Your words prove my point, thank you. And where has Hillary and Obama been mentioned? In many topics not related to them, go read them for yourself Actually you shouldn't have to ask since you have brought them up many times. Or even Trump? I mentioned trump and I readily admit it why do you have trouble admitting you have brought up Hillary in many topics not related to her?  Who has been the one making this political instead of about the migrants attempting to blackmail the country into making a payoff? Well you have of course, but this is a political forum so I expect it.  What has Trump, Hillary or Obama have to do with this thread and topic? Trump has more to do with it than Hillary or Obama, after all he is the president.  Or even politics?  Or political affiliation? If politics or political affiliation have nothing to do with this topic then why is it posted in a political forum?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 42

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 42

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Just because us liberals love facts as much as conservatives love bumper stickers, I want to point out that they are not "illegal" if they are not in the United States.  Being brown does not make you a universal illegal. 

And who is continually bringing up the color of their skin when discussing these migrants?  Only one person that I can recall.  

The title of this thread says 'migrant' not 'illegal'.  It is liberals who are using that term for the migrants from what I can see. Then you can't "see" too good, go back and read all of the postings, you will find conservatives and so called independents using the term "illegal".  Of course once they breach our borders, then they could properly be called illegal immigrants to differentiate them from those who come in legally.  But the ones that haven't are not illegals, so why does the Right use that term in reference to them?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 42

@jimc91 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Just because us liberals love facts as much as conservatives love bumper stickers, I want to point out that they are not "illegal" if they are not in the United States.  Being brown does not make you a universal illegal. 

There it is again!  

Why is it that liberals never seem to see people as people but insist in seeing the color if their skin?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 42

@Richva wrote:

I keep bringing up the color of their skin because Republicans never complain about immigrants from Norway. 

Of course it's not an attempt to take any civil discussion off-topic, is it?

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/01/trump-**bleep**hole-norway/550382/

"In fiscal year 2016, 1.18 million people became legal permanent residents of the United States, according to data from the Department of Homeland Security. Of these, 362 were born in Norway."

If a conservative was to refer to these migrants as 'brown skinned' they would be attacked en masse by the liberal politically correct police.   No, just an attempt to divert from the topic as usual.

Is there another reason why you keep bringing up the color of their skin?  What about Asians, or Africans?  Is the color of their skin relevant?

What do you think about these migrants attempting blackmail the government?  That is the topic.  You ok with that?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 42

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

And who is continually bringing up the color of their skin when discussing these migrants?  Only one person that I can recall.  

The title of this thread says 'migrant' not 'illegal'.  It is liberals who are using that term for the migrants from what I can see.  Of course once they breach our borders, then they could properly be called illegal immigrants to differentiate them from those who come in legally. 

I keep bringing up the color of their skin because Republicans never complain about immigrants from Norway. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 42

@ChasKy53 wrote:

conservatives and so-called independents can bring up Hillary and Obama in topics not about them, but heaven forbid if anyon mentions trump. 

And who has been attempting to bring in Trump in this topic?  And where has Hillary and Obama been mentioned?  Or even Trump?  Who has been the one making this political instead of about the migrants attempting to blackmail the country into making a payoff?  What has Trump, Hillary or Obama have to do with this thread and topic?  Or even politics?  Or political affiliation?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 42

@Richva wrote:

The title of this thread says 'migrant' not 'illegal'.  It is liberals who are using that term for the migrants from what I can see.  Of course once they breach our borders, then they could properly be called illegal immigrants to differentiate them from those who come in legally. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors