Looking for work? The U.S. Census Bureau is hiring more than 500,000 people nationwide. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Caravan Migrants Demand Reparations

Message 1 of 42

@ChasKy53I get nothing from your post. Seems you don't have any answers.  

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 42

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Apparently there are some here who look at these migrants by the color of their skin. Evidently so, becasue I have never seen a trump supporter complain about a white person immigrating to America.  SSeems like only complaining about brown people immigrating here is a "racial thing".

I don't recall anyone but liberals here who has mentioned the skin color of these migrants.  Perhaps you can show otherwise?  From what I recall here they have been labeled by conservatives as migrants or illegals (which they will be if they come across the border at other than entry points).

Is there a reason that some liberals here have been emphasizing that these migrants have brown skin?  Are liberals also biased against those from Asia with yellow skin?  Personally I'm against any illegal entry regardless of the color of their skin.  

Do you think it's right to pay anyone $50,000 (or any amount) not to pursue their entry  into our country?  That is what the topic is about before it was taken off-topic to be about skin color.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 42

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:(in blue text)

Yes, why do so called conservatives call brown people "illegals" when they have done nothing illegal? You think it's ok for these migrants to attempt to blackmail our government? Asking for money isn't "blackmail". At least they have revealed their purpose for wanting to come here and it's not for asylum from anything. They want to come here to better their life and the lives of their children. Do you think that is wrong?

Apparently there are some here who look at these migrants by the color of their skin. Evidently so, becasue I have never seen a trump supporter complain about a white person immigrating to America.  So far it is only liberals who have been calling them 'brown people'.  That is perpetuating racial division isn't it?  Sounds like labeling people to me...  Why are liberals attempting to make this a racial thing?  Seems like only complaining about brown people immigrating here is a "racial thing".

You say their telling the government they will return home if they are given $50,000 isn't blackmail?  That's exactly what I'm saying because it is true. Then what would be considered blackmail since they said if paid off they wouldn't try to enter this country. Maybe the decided that $50,000 is acceptable to not have to go through what the immigrants are having to go through to gain entry. Two children have died so far after entering the United States. The wait is long and the conditions are deplorable. Does that indicate that they are are looking for a better life or money?  Coming here to be able to earn more money is part of having a "better life". Sure seems it is the money. Being able to earn more money to have a better life is a common reason that many immigrate to the United States. Why should it be any different for these people? If they was(sic) looking for a better life for themselves and their children then they couldn't put a price on it. In your opinion, but then you don't really know their reasons, you only speculate. $50.000 would be a good stake to enable them to start a new life in Mexico, for instance.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 42

Read most of this thread and can't help but wonder if the media can start being held to a standard of no more false information or they will be held accountable under law, might help with all the division we see?  I ponder, isn't like treason, to a certain degree, of spreading false information for propaganda?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 42

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Yes, why do so called conservatives call brown people "illegals" when they have done nothing illegal? You think it's ok for these migrants to attempt to blackmail our government? Asking for money isn't "blackmail". At least they have revealed their purpose for wanting to come here and it's not for asylum from anything. They want to come here to better their life and the lives of their children. Do you think that is wrong?

Apparently there are some here who look at these migrants by the color of their skin.  So far it is only liberals who have been calling them 'brown people'.  That is perpetuating racial division isn't it?  Sounds like labeling people to me...  Why are liberals attempting to make this a racial thing? 

You say their telling the government they will return home if they are given $50,000 isn't blackmail?  Then what would be considered blackmail since they said if paid off they wouldn't try to enter this country.  Does that indicate that they are are looking for a better life or money?  Sure seems it is the money.  If they was looking for a better life for themselves and their children then they couldn't put a price on it.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 42

@Soosie wrote:

Why is it that so-called conservatives (trump supporters) keep calling brown skinned people that haven't entered the country yet "illegals" when they aren't?

Chasky wrote (in blue text)

.............No one mentioned brown skin except you. Wonder why that is?  I have never seen or heard a so called conservative (trump supporter) complain about a white person immigrating here.  Why is that? Seems to be what you throw up trying to make a criminal fall under your racists flag. Is that "the way you twist it"? I will mention the recent cop killed who was a father of a 5 month old son and he was 33 was killed by one of those great illegals who just happens to look like his skin may have been painted brown by some dishonest person. Is that "the way you twist it"? You know, must have been this way because they are all fine, law abiding people. You compare an illegal immigrant in this country to those who have not entered illegally.  Is that the way you twist it? Why I bet the cop stood in front of him and pulled the trigger himself just to blame this poor innocent dude. Isn't that the way you guys twist it? Since no one here has said that but you ...... is this the way you twist it?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 42

Why is it that so-called conservatives (trump supporters) keep calling brown skinned people that haven't entered the country yet "illegals" when they aren't?

.............No one mentioned brown skin except you. Wonder why that is?  Seems to be what you throw up trying to make a criminal fall under your racists flag.   I will mention the recent cop killed who was a father of a 5 month old son and he was 33 was killed by one of those great illegals who just happens to look like his skin may have been painted brown by some dishonest person. You know, must have been this way because they are all fine, law abiding people. Why I bet the cop stood in front of him and pulled the trigger himself just to blame this poor innocent dude. Isn't that the way you guys twist it?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 42

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:(in blue text)

So what do any of your comments in this reply have to do with the topic?

So are you attempting to engage in civil discussion or to disrupt the topic? Responding to your posts, sorry if you think that is "disruptive". Have you anything pertinent to say about the topic? Yes, why do so called conservatives call brown people "illegals" when they have done nothing illegal? You think it's ok for these migrants to attempt to blackmail our government? Asking for money isn't "blackmail". At least they have revealed their purpose for wanting to come here and it's not for asylum from anything. They want to come here to better their life and the lives of their children. Do you think that is wrong?

Does(sic) liberals think that they can just enter any country irregardless of their immigration laws? Coming to our border seeking asylum or another means of entry is perfectly legal.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 42

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Why is it that so-called conservatives (trump supporters) keep calling brown skinned people that haven't entered the country yet "illegals" when they aren't?

Why is it that liberals keep carrying threads off-topic? 

Why is it that liberals keep bringing up or referring to the skin color of people?  They are the ones who are continually doing so.  That in addition to bring in posts making this partisan.  Why is that?

Is it to take the thread off-topic as they are prone to do?

Those liberals keep bringing up "skin color" because they are racist!

But neither you or Tx have answered my question, instead just offering distraction from it.  Once again:

Why is it that so-called conservatives (trump supporters) keep calling brown skinned people that haven't entered the country yet "illegals" when they aren't?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 42

@ChasKy53 wrote:

So what do any of your comments in this reply have to do with the topic?

So are you attempting to engage in civil discussion or to disrupt the topic?  Have you anything pertinent to say about the topic?  You think it's ok for these migrants to attempt to blackmail our government?  At least they have revealed their purpose for wanting to come here and it's not for asylum from anything.

Does liberals think that they can just enter any country irregardless of their immigration laws?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors