Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Capitalism Produced - Theranos - Enron - Trump U

Message 11 of 41

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

mick - is it your position that people should not be allowed to be rich??

No I Support Capitalism and I think everyone should have a opportuntity to be Rich

We don't have a Capitalist Culture in the USA

The Facts Supported by Credible Surveys & Statisitics - Prove - Whatever this System is - whatever you want to call it - only a Minute number of the Whole is succeeding at it

I don't believe for a minute that the reason for this is - only 1/10 of 1 % of 250 Million American Adults are working hard or smart enough

Even if you want to say 10% are accumulating 90% of the Assets of One of the Richest Countries on the Planet - as I've told you multiple times - a Random Lottery Based on simply Luck would produce more equitable results

Flipping a Coin would produce better equality

Something is not right with the System

Now I've offered my observations - the system is Corrupt & it's protected by Corrupt Incumbent Politicians

I'll repeat it again - the DCCC penalizes anyone who supports a candidate running against a Democratic Incumbent - that helps to insure Incumbents get all the Resources of the Democratic Machine - all the Powerful stick together to the exclusion of others - luckily in Politics even with all the Anti-democratic Controls - people like Ocasio Cortez - Aryanna Pressley - Etc are competing in a small enough arena where they can get themselves and their message in the hands of all the Voters

You cannot do that in a National Election so it's rigged in favor of whatever small group of powerful people pick who's going to be the winners & losers

The Same People have been controlling the Economics of this Country for 40 years because they've bought and paid for the people writing and enforcing the rules

The situation you describe about lobbyists goes back well beyond 40 years.

But, looking ahead rather than back - how would you deal with the problem you see while still maintaining a free market economy, a constitutional government and in keeping with Court rulings?

The Same Way I Determine if someone drove over my trash barrels & if so who - with oversight - we make Police Officers use Dash Cams & Body Cameras because we discovered only the Honorable perform Honorably under a Honor System

Who do you want body cams on in the government?

When you have a President like Trump who will Lie Right to the Faces of the American People Multiple Times Everyday - one can only imagine what he's doing behind our backs

You're obsessing again - how would you deal with the problems you see in the way the government functions?

When you have a President that just ignores the Laws of the Country he swore a oath to see those same Laws were faithfully executed & in plain site - one can only imagine what he's doing behind our backs

There you go again, unable to focus.

Congress according to the US Constitution is supposed to Conduct the Oversight & hold the President accountable for all High Crimes & Misdemeanors - they are all more worried about Optics and how enforcing the laws might impact their re-election

Focus, mick, focus - fixes, not rants.

So wishing & hoping for people to do the right thing has nothing to do with the System - it has to do with Honor - Right & Wrong - Morals & Values - Principles

Specifics, mick, not vague generalities.

Americans have lost all that - they traded it in for a Gerbil Wheel with a sign at the top of the wheel that says - get here for the riches & don't worry if the attempt kills you - you'll most likely make enough along the way to buy yourself a ticket to Heaven where even more riches await

Let me know when and if you are ever ready to discuss your ideas for a fix.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 41

@Richva wrote:

Just to be clear...AMERICAN style Capitalism produced those problems. Generally they do not exist in countries which enforce rules and insist on accountability. 

Which rules and accountability is it that concerns you.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 41

@Olderscout66 wrote:

We don't need to change the system as much as we need to RESTORE the system to the way it WORKED before the Reagan Taxscam.

This would mean replacing our current income tax code with the inflation adjusted brackets and deductions we had in 1980, restoring Glass-Steagall and regulating all derivatives so their value cannot exceed the actual asset they claim to "derive" their value from.

This would also finance the restoration of Revenue Sharing, which would lift the burden of funding our higher education from the students and the cost of improving and maintaining our infrastructure from State and Local Governments.

Then we need to make everyone who deals with other people's money a FEDUCIARY legally responsible for the funds they manage so their personal fortunes are subject to seizure to "make whole" investors when markets crash.

But for any of this to happen, we must first remove the obstructionist Republicans who changed all those things that had worked great for everyone for decades into the income and wealth redistribution system we now have that is destroying our Infrastructure and our Middle Class.

I fail to see how your dream of "wealth redistribution" would change our system of government as to the stuff mick is talking about. All it would do would be to give you some of the other guy's stuff. Is that your only interest in government reform??

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 41

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

No I Support Capitalism and I think everyone should have a opportuntity to be Rich

The Facts Supported by Credible Surveys & Statisitics - Prove - Whatever this System is - whatever you want to call it - only a Minute number of the Whole is succeeding at it

I don't believe for a minute that the reason for this is - only 1/10 of 1 % of 250 Million American Adults are working hard or smart enough

Even if you want to say 10% are accumulating 90% of the Assets of One of the Richest Countries on the Planet - as I've told you multiple times - a Random Lottery Based on simply Luck would produce more equitable results

Now I've offered my observations - the system is Corrupt & it's protected by Corrupt Incumbent Politicians

I'll repeat it again - the DCCC penalizes anyone who supports a candidate running against a Democratic Incumbent - that helps to insure Incumbents get all the Resources of the Democratic Machine - all the Powerful stick together to the exclusion of others - luckily in Politics even with all the Anti-democratic Controls - people like Ocasio Cortez - Aryanna Pressley - Etc are competing in a small enough arena where they can get themselves and their message in the hands of all the Voters

You cannot do that in a National Election so it's rigged in favor of whatever small group of powerful people pick who's going to be the winners & losers

The Same People have been controlling the Economics of this Country for 40 years because they've bought and paid for the people writing and enforcing the rules

But, looking ahead rather than back - how would you deal with the problem you see while still maintaining a free market economy, a constitutional government and in keeping with Court rulings?

The Same Way I Determine if someone drove over my trash barrels & if so who - with oversight - we make Police Officers use Dash Cams & Body Cameras because we discovered only the Honorable perform Honorably under a Honor System

When you have a President like Trump who will Lie Right to the Faces of the American People Multiple Times Everyday - one can only imagine what he's doing behind our backs

When you have a President that just ignores the Laws of the Country he swore a oath to see those same Laws were faithfully executed & in plain site - one can only imagine what he's doing behind our backs

Congress according to the US Constitution is supposed to Conduct the Oversight & hold the President accountable for all High Crimes & Misdemeanors - they are all more worried about Optics and how enforcing the laws might impact their re-election

So wishing & hoping for people to do the right thing has nothing to do with the System - it has to do with Honor - Right & Wrong - Morals & Values - Principles

Americans have lost all that - they traded it in for a Gerbil Wheel with a sign at the top of the wheel that says - get here for the riches & don't worry if the attempt kills you - you'll most likely make enough along the way to buy yourself a ticket to Heaven where even more riches await

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 41

@Richva wrote:

Just to be clear...AMERICAN style Capitalism produced those problems. Generally they do not exist in countries which enforce rules and insist on accountability. 

You mean like Guatemala or Venezuela?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 41

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 41

We don't need to change the system as much as we need to RESTORE the system to the way it WORKED before the Reagan Taxscam.

This would mean replacing our current income tax code with the inflation adjusted brackets and deductions we had in 1980, restoring Glass-Steagall and regulating all derivatives so their value cannot exceed the actual asset they claim to "derive" their value from.

This would also finance the restoration of Revenue Sharing, which would lift the burden of funding our higher education from the students and the cost of improving and maintaining our infrastructure from State and Local Governments.

Then we need to make everyone who deals with other people's money a FEDUCIARY legally responsible for the funds they manage so their personal fortunes are subject to seizure to "make whole" investors when markets crash.

But for any of this to happen, we must first remove the obstructionist Republicans who changed all those things that had worked great for everyone for decades into the income and wealth redistribution system we now have that is destroying our Infrastructure and our Middle Class.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 41

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 41

@rk9152 wrote:

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 41

Kudos
Views