Staying Sharp empowers you to take control of your brain health as you age. Try it today!

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
207
Views

Re: Capitalism Produced - Theranos - Enron - Trump U

207 Views
Message 21 of 41

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

We experience this when it's finally exposed that those who are Routinely Doubling and Tripling their Incomes & are only in the Top 10% when they are Bribing Colleges to accept their Dumb Kids who could not compete scholastically with many who grew up in the Inner City and other underfunded Public School Systems

I notice that you are complaining about the liberal Hollywood elites again?


1. 50 People So Far Have Been Indicted - The Media Goes For Sensational Popular Names

 

2. Lets see if I can give you some insight into the Non Social Media Sensationalism

 

Now take a look at the list of defendants. It consists of business executives, bankers, one lawyer, several real-estate developers, a physician, a dentist, and, yes, the pair of desperate Hollywood stars.

 

Gordon Caplan, the New York-based co-chair of international law firm Willkie Farr & Gallagher and The American Lawyer’s 2018 Dealmaker of the Year, has been named as a defendant in a nationwide college admissions scandal.

 

Real Estate Power Couple - Authorities said Monday that Bruce and Davina Isackson, of Hillsborough, have agreed to plead guilty to participating in the scam and are cooperating with the investigation for the chance at a lighter sentence.

 

Robert Flaxman, founder and CEO of Crown Realty & Development, was charged by the Justice Department in March with conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud.

 

Douglas Hodge, 61, former chief executive of Newport-Beach based Pacific Investment Management Co, (PIMCO)

 

Manuel Henriquez, the 55-year-old CEO, founder and chairman of venture lending platform Hercules Capital in Palo Alto, and his wife were implicated in the scandal

 

Senior executive at TPG Growth William McGlashan, 55 has been fired from the prominent private equity firm as well as the company’s social impact arm the Rise Fund

 

The son of John B. Wilson, 59, the CEO of Massachusetts-based developer Hyannis Port Capital has had his account with USC, where he matriculated following an alleged bribe to a water polo coach, frozen.

 

 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
207
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
243
Views

Re: Capitalism Produced - Theranos - Enron - Trump U

243 Views
Message 22 of 41

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

And it provided the breakfast you ate this morning. Is it perfect - certainly not. But it is better than any alternative out there.


No I paid for the breakfast I ate this AM & so didn't every other American Tax Payer - because the breakfast most of us ate this AM was paid for by subsidies from the Trump Federal Government to US Farmers

 

Some of the Electricity I used this AM was also paid for by US Tax Payers in the form of Federal Subsidies to the dwindling 24% of energy produced in the USA from subsidies to Coal Mine Corporations

 

Just a few examples of what you refer to as Capitalism - State Sponsored Corporations Corrupt Free Markets

 

BTW - I paid for it all with a phony State Valued US Dollar - so this worship of a Concept called Capitalism might fly with the Trump Zealots but for those willing to do the research & open their eyes - it's all a rigged system supported by monetary subsidies & political selection of winners & losers for any segment of the Economy unable to compete on it's own without failing

 

Theranos was protected by Politicians Republicans & Democrats for a decade until a whistleblower came forward

 

Competition defines Capitalism not Federal Government Subsidies

 

 

 

 


Yes, to a degree farmers are subsidized. It is an old tradition based on insuring that they are able to produce the food we need and to assure stability in cost as well as availability. The food you ate was produced by a very large network of people all of whom did what they did for only one reason - to make money to provide for themselves and their families.

 

To say "paid for by subsidies" is flat out false because it implies totality. And Including President Trump is also dishonest since in implies he started farm subsidies.

 

As to assisting industries so as to keep them viable and keep their employees employed and their customers supplied is not a detriment to capitalism - it is an assist. Just like regulations that assure the competitive nature of the market place - as opposed to having the IRS compete with Turbotax for example.

 

However, you seem quite mad about capitalism. Shall we discuss your alternative system?


No Lets First Discuss - Capitalism

 

Capitalism even allowing for the most generous definition is not what's going on the United States

 

The Minute the US Government spends one $ of Tax Payers Money on bailing out a US business unable to compete - you've lost the Capitalism Argument

 

That's it - it's No More Complicated than that...........

 

I've provided several examples of Government Intervention in the Economy from Artificial Juicing of the Value of the US Dollar to Giving Free Money from American Tax Payers to Corporations who cannot compete in the Free Market they themsleves Chose to be in

 

Spare me the Lecture about Whataboutism

 

What other Countries are doing is not pertinent to a discussion about the virtues of Capitalism vs anything else

 

The Minute the US Government spends one $ of Tax Payers Money on bailing out a US business unable to compete - you've lost the Capitalism Argument

 

The Minute the US Government intervenes in the Value of a $ - you've lost the Capitalism Argument

 

The US might be operating under some General Principles of Capitalism but so dont Drug Cartels & Organized Crime

 

 

What other System is irrelevant until we agree what we have now is not Capitalism

 

 

 


How would you prefer to see Capitalism work here? 

 

As to the government - if the national good dictates that an industry (food e.g.) is in need of help, there is nothing wrong with that - unless it interferes to assist one competitor over the other. It is also important for the government to interfere in the regulation sense to insure the freedom of the market - such as anti-trust.

 

The Minute the US Government spends one $ of Tax Payers Money on bailing out a US business unable to compete - you've lost the Capitalism Argument

 

That is true if it is taking sides in the competitive market place.

 

What other Countries are doing is not pertinent to a discussion about the virtues of Capitalism vs anything else

And yet some keep bringing up Australia, EU, Sweden, etc.

 

The only Measurable distinction between Capitalism and Socialism is the Scope of Government Intervention in the Economy

That is true - in real socialism like fascism, it is total. our goal has to be to minimize it to it's absolute necessities. Example - keep the IRS from competing with private tax preparers.

 


Diversion - Misleading - Untruths

 

The Tennessee Valley Authority is a federally owned corporation in the United States created by congressional charter on May 18, 1933

 

 

The Tennessee Valley Authority provides navigation, flood control, electricity generation, fertilizer manufacturing

 

Source - TVA hasn't destroyed the South

 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_Valley_Authority

 

And your point - do you SEE that as a model for.........what ......... do we need a governmental AGENCY to manufacture cars, build houses, build GUITARS - what?

 

 

 

 

 


 


When Government Competes Against the Private Sector, Everybody Wins

 

Why are you so afraid of Competition - isn't that suposed to be the Corner Stone of Capitalism?

 

When civil servants are pitted against businesses they both become more innovative, and the competition secures better contracts for the American Tax Payer

 

Your Problem is you appreciate that our Current System is already Rigged and you can't get past the fact that when Government Competes with the Private Sector there must be some cheating just like when the Private Sector is allowed to go into a Government Agency and Actually Write the Policy that Controls the Profit in their own Businesses

 

It ought to be a Two-way Street Don't You think

 

Again, what are you afraid of - Competition?

 

Government Competes with the Private Sector in all kinds if areas and has for decades -

 

There is Already for Decades Competition in - Education - Healthcare - Trash Hauling - Water Purification & Delivery - Electricity - Medicine

 

Does that make us a Socialist Country?

 

Private companies competing against each other provides the best product at the best price. Keeping bureaucrats out of the mix permits them to do their job - insuring freedom in the free market and overseeing regulations.

 

What is the government's role in medicine - to compete with doctors. In education - tax dollars pay for the best way to provide it - electricity - the TVA was developed to fill a need that wasn't dealt with during the Depression (and put people to work), other than that they regulate and pay for, not provide public utilities.

 

 


 


TVA’s Generating Assets Today

  • 6 fossil plants (26 active units)
  • 3 nuclear plants (7 units)
  • 29 hydro plants (109 units)
  • 1 pumped storage hydroelectric plant (4 units)
  • 9 natural gas combustion turbine gas plants (85 units)
  • 8 natural gas combined cycle gas plants (16 units)
  • 1 diesel generator site (5 units)
  • 15 solar energy sites
  • 1 wind energy site

 

Our Power System
TVA’s power portfolio is dynamic and adaptable in the face of changing demands and regulations.
 
Our emphasis has moved away from traditional coal-based production and toward cleaner forms of power generation, and today the power we deliver is 54 percent carbon-free.

 

So that we remain responsive to the Valley’s winter and summer energy peaks, we’re adding more cleaner-burning natural gas units. To generate more bulk power, we’ve added the 21st century’s first new nuclear unit. As always, we generate clean, natural power with our 29 hydroelectric dams.

 

As for renewables, we continue to offer programs that allow Valley-based businesses and consumers to partner with us to generate solar, wind and biogas energy.

 

Meanwhile, we’re decommissioning some of our oldest coal-fired units to make way for these new, more efficient forms of power production. It’s a natural evolution—one that fits with our historic mission of providing reliable, low-cost energy that makes life better for the people we serve.

 

Source - https://www.tva.gov/Energy/Our-Power-System

 

 

 

Still no reason for the IRS to compete in the open market with Turbotax nor for the DOT to compete on the open market with GM. Then there is the Dept. of

 

Agriculture opening a market next to Safeway.

 

Bad ideas!!



Good Ideas

 

Anything that helps Decommodify the things Americans should expect their Governement to Provide is a Good Idea

 

The Quality of your Health should not be totally dependent on your ability to pay

 

We experience the absurdness with the cost if Insulin - Invented in 1934 - Quadrupling in Cost year over year

 

The Quality of your Education should not be totally dependent on your ability to pay

 

We experience this when it's finally exposed that those who are Routinely Doubling and Tripling their Incomes & are only in the Top 10% when they are Bribing Colleges to accept their Dumb Kids who could not compete scholastically with many who grew up in the Inner City and other underfunded Public School Systems

 

Either Eliminate the Corruption 100% and Level the Tax Paying Field or provide the services all Americans Need

Your Choice - the Current System is Not Fair and it's Not Sustainable

 

 


It sounds like you are pulling for either fascism or communism, the difference being while the government runs everything will you permit private ownership?

 

If we level the tax playing field - what percentage would you have the 47% pay???


"we"?

Is that an indication of tRump cultists forming a partnership with CAPITALIST doggy poo?

That would be a distinct minus for the moral, ethical, and intellectual reputation of doggy poo...

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
243
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
245
Views

Re: Capitalism Produced - Theranos - Enron - Trump U

245 Views
Message 23 of 41

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

And it provided the breakfast you ate this morning. Is it perfect - certainly not. But it is better than any alternative out there.


No I paid for the breakfast I ate this AM & so didn't every other American Tax Payer - because the breakfast most of us ate this AM was paid for by subsidies from the Trump Federal Government to US Farmers

 

Some of the Electricity I used this AM was also paid for by US Tax Payers in the form of Federal Subsidies to the dwindling 24% of energy produced in the USA from subsidies to Coal Mine Corporations

 

Just a few examples of what you refer to as Capitalism - State Sponsored Corporations Corrupt Free Markets

 

BTW - I paid for it all with a phony State Valued US Dollar - so this worship of a Concept called Capitalism might fly with the Trump Zealots but for those willing to do the research & open their eyes - it's all a rigged system supported by monetary subsidies & political selection of winners & losers for any segment of the Economy unable to compete on it's own without failing

 

Theranos was protected by Politicians Republicans & Democrats for a decade until a whistleblower came forward

 

Competition defines Capitalism not Federal Government Subsidies

 

 

 

 


Yes, to a degree farmers are subsidized. It is an old tradition based on insuring that they are able to produce the food we need and to assure stability in cost as well as availability. The food you ate was produced by a very large network of people all of whom did what they did for only one reason - to make money to provide for themselves and their families.

 

To say "paid for by subsidies" is flat out false because it implies totality. And Including President Trump is also dishonest since in implies he started farm subsidies.

 

As to assisting industries so as to keep them viable and keep their employees employed and their customers supplied is not a detriment to capitalism - it is an assist. Just like regulations that assure the competitive nature of the market place - as opposed to having the IRS compete with Turbotax for example.

 

However, you seem quite mad about capitalism. Shall we discuss your alternative system?


No Lets First Discuss - Capitalism

 

Capitalism even allowing for the most generous definition is not what's going on the United States

 

The Minute the US Government spends one $ of Tax Payers Money on bailing out a US business unable to compete - you've lost the Capitalism Argument

 

That's it - it's No More Complicated than that...........

 

I've provided several examples of Government Intervention in the Economy from Artificial Juicing of the Value of the US Dollar to Giving Free Money from American Tax Payers to Corporations who cannot compete in the Free Market they themsleves Chose to be in

 

Spare me the Lecture about Whataboutism

 

What other Countries are doing is not pertinent to a discussion about the virtues of Capitalism vs anything else

 

The Minute the US Government spends one $ of Tax Payers Money on bailing out a US business unable to compete - you've lost the Capitalism Argument

 

The Minute the US Government intervenes in the Value of a $ - you've lost the Capitalism Argument

 

The US might be operating under some General Principles of Capitalism but so dont Drug Cartels & Organized Crime

 

 

What other System is irrelevant until we agree what we have now is not Capitalism

 

 

 


How would you prefer to see Capitalism work here? 

 

As to the government - if the national good dictates that an industry (food e.g.) is in need of help, there is nothing wrong with that - unless it interferes to assist one competitor over the other. It is also important for the government to interfere in the regulation sense to insure the freedom of the market - such as anti-trust.

 

The Minute the US Government spends one $ of Tax Payers Money on bailing out a US business unable to compete - you've lost the Capitalism Argument

 

That is true if it is taking sides in the competitive market place.

 

What other Countries are doing is not pertinent to a discussion about the virtues of Capitalism vs anything else

And yet some keep bringing up Australia, EU, Sweden, etc.

 

The only Measurable distinction between Capitalism and Socialism is the Scope of Government Intervention in the Economy

That is true - in real socialism like fascism, it is total. our goal has to be to minimize it to it's absolute necessities. Example - keep the IRS from competing with private tax preparers.

 


Diversion - Misleading - Untruths

 

The Tennessee Valley Authority is a federally owned corporation in the United States created by congressional charter on May 18, 1933

 

 

The Tennessee Valley Authority provides navigation, flood control, electricity generation, fertilizer manufacturing

 

Source - TVA hasn't destroyed the South

 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_Valley_Authority

 

And your point - do you SEE that as a model for.........what ......... do we need a governmental AGENCY to manufacture cars, build houses, build GUITARS - what?

 

 

 

 

 


 


When Government Competes Against the Private Sector, Everybody Wins

 

Why are you so afraid of Competition - isn't that suposed to be the Corner Stone of Capitalism?

 

When civil servants are pitted against businesses they both become more innovative, and the competition secures better contracts for the American Tax Payer

 

Your Problem is you appreciate that our Current System is already Rigged and you can't get past the fact that when Government Competes with the Private Sector there must be some cheating just like when the Private Sector is allowed to go into a Government Agency and Actually Write the Policy that Controls the Profit in their own Businesses

 

It ought to be a Two-way Street Don't You think

 

Again, what are you afraid of - Competition?

 

Government Competes with the Private Sector in all kinds if areas and has for decades -

 

There is Already for Decades Competition in - Education - Healthcare - Trash Hauling - Water Purification & Delivery - Electricity - Medicine

 

Does that make us a Socialist Country?

 

Private companies competing against each other provides the best product at the best price. Keeping bureaucrats out of the mix permits them to do their job - insuring freedom in the free market and overseeing regulations.

 

What is the government's role in medicine - to compete with doctors. In education - tax dollars pay for the best way to provide it - electricity - the TVA was developed to fill a need that wasn't dealt with during the Depression (and put people to work), other than that they regulate and pay for, not provide public utilities.

 

 


 


TVA’s Generating Assets Today

  • 6 fossil plants (26 active units)
  • 3 nuclear plants (7 units)
  • 29 hydro plants (109 units)
  • 1 pumped storage hydroelectric plant (4 units)
  • 9 natural gas combustion turbine gas plants (85 units)
  • 8 natural gas combined cycle gas plants (16 units)
  • 1 diesel generator site (5 units)
  • 15 solar energy sites
  • 1 wind energy site

 

Our Power System
TVA’s power portfolio is dynamic and adaptable in the face of changing demands and regulations.
 
Our emphasis has moved away from traditional coal-based production and toward cleaner forms of power generation, and today the power we deliver is 54 percent carbon-free.

 

So that we remain responsive to the Valley’s winter and summer energy peaks, we’re adding more cleaner-burning natural gas units. To generate more bulk power, we’ve added the 21st century’s first new nuclear unit. As always, we generate clean, natural power with our 29 hydroelectric dams.

 

As for renewables, we continue to offer programs that allow Valley-based businesses and consumers to partner with us to generate solar, wind and biogas energy.

 

Meanwhile, we’re decommissioning some of our oldest coal-fired units to make way for these new, more efficient forms of power production. It’s a natural evolution—one that fits with our historic mission of providing reliable, low-cost energy that makes life better for the people we serve.

 

Source - https://www.tva.gov/Energy/Our-Power-System

 

 

 

Still no reason for the IRS to compete in the open market with Turbotax nor for the DOT to compete on the open market with GM. Then there is the Dept. of

 

Agriculture opening a market next to Safeway.

 

Bad ideas!!



Good Ideas

 

Anything that helps Decommodify the things Americans should expect their Governement to Provide is a Good Idea

 

The Quality of your Health should not be totally dependent on your ability to pay

 

We experience the absurdness with the cost if Insulin - Invented in 1934 - Quadrupling in Cost year over year

 

The Quality of your Education should not be totally dependent on your ability to pay

 

We experience this when it's finally exposed that those who are Routinely Doubling and Tripling their Incomes & are only in the Top 10% when they are Bribing Colleges to accept their Dumb Kids who could not compete scholastically with many who grew up in the Inner City and other underfunded Public School Systems

 

Either Eliminate the Corruption 100% and Level the Tax Paying Field or provide the services all Americans Need

Your Choice - the Current System is Not Fair and it's Not Sustainable

 

 


It sounds like you are pulling for either fascism or communism, the difference being while the government runs everything will you permit private ownership?

 

If we level the tax playing field - what percentage would you have the 47% pay???

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
245
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
239
Views

Re: Capitalism Produced - Theranos - Enron - Trump U

239 Views
Message 24 of 41

@mickstuder wrote:

We experience this when it's finally exposed that those who are Routinely Doubling and Tripling their Incomes & are only in the Top 10% when they are Bribing Colleges to accept their Dumb Kids who could not compete scholastically with many who grew up in the Inner City and other underfunded Public School Systems

I notice that you are complaining about the liberal Hollywood elites again?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
239
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
249
Views

Re: Capitalism Produced - Theranos - Enron - Trump U

249 Views
Message 25 of 41

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

And it provided the breakfast you ate this morning. Is it perfect - certainly not. But it is better than any alternative out there.


No I paid for the breakfast I ate this AM & so didn't every other American Tax Payer - because the breakfast most of us ate this AM was paid for by subsidies from the Trump Federal Government to US Farmers

 

Some of the Electricity I used this AM was also paid for by US Tax Payers in the form of Federal Subsidies to the dwindling 24% of energy produced in the USA from subsidies to Coal Mine Corporations

 

Just a few examples of what you refer to as Capitalism - State Sponsored Corporations Corrupt Free Markets

 

BTW - I paid for it all with a phony State Valued US Dollar - so this worship of a Concept called Capitalism might fly with the Trump Zealots but for those willing to do the research & open their eyes - it's all a rigged system supported by monetary subsidies & political selection of winners & losers for any segment of the Economy unable to compete on it's own without failing

 

Theranos was protected by Politicians Republicans & Democrats for a decade until a whistleblower came forward

 

Competition defines Capitalism not Federal Government Subsidies

 

 

 

 


Yes, to a degree farmers are subsidized. It is an old tradition based on insuring that they are able to produce the food we need and to assure stability in cost as well as availability. The food you ate was produced by a very large network of people all of whom did what they did for only one reason - to make money to provide for themselves and their families.

 

To say "paid for by subsidies" is flat out false because it implies totality. And Including President Trump is also dishonest since in implies he started farm subsidies.

 

As to assisting industries so as to keep them viable and keep their employees employed and their customers supplied is not a detriment to capitalism - it is an assist. Just like regulations that assure the competitive nature of the market place - as opposed to having the IRS compete with Turbotax for example.

 

However, you seem quite mad about capitalism. Shall we discuss your alternative system?


No Lets First Discuss - Capitalism

 

Capitalism even allowing for the most generous definition is not what's going on the United States

 

The Minute the US Government spends one $ of Tax Payers Money on bailing out a US business unable to compete - you've lost the Capitalism Argument

 

That's it - it's No More Complicated than that...........

 

I've provided several examples of Government Intervention in the Economy from Artificial Juicing of the Value of the US Dollar to Giving Free Money from American Tax Payers to Corporations who cannot compete in the Free Market they themsleves Chose to be in

 

Spare me the Lecture about Whataboutism

 

What other Countries are doing is not pertinent to a discussion about the virtues of Capitalism vs anything else

 

The Minute the US Government spends one $ of Tax Payers Money on bailing out a US business unable to compete - you've lost the Capitalism Argument

 

The Minute the US Government intervenes in the Value of a $ - you've lost the Capitalism Argument

 

The US might be operating under some General Principles of Capitalism but so dont Drug Cartels & Organized Crime

 

 

What other System is irrelevant until we agree what we have now is not Capitalism

 

 

 


How would you prefer to see Capitalism work here? 

 

As to the government - if the national good dictates that an industry (food e.g.) is in need of help, there is nothing wrong with that - unless it interferes to assist one competitor over the other. It is also important for the government to interfere in the regulation sense to insure the freedom of the market - such as anti-trust.

 

The Minute the US Government spends one $ of Tax Payers Money on bailing out a US business unable to compete - you've lost the Capitalism Argument

 

That is true if it is taking sides in the competitive market place.

 

What other Countries are doing is not pertinent to a discussion about the virtues of Capitalism vs anything else

And yet some keep bringing up Australia, EU, Sweden, etc.

 

The only Measurable distinction between Capitalism and Socialism is the Scope of Government Intervention in the Economy

That is true - in real socialism like fascism, it is total. our goal has to be to minimize it to it's absolute necessities. Example - keep the IRS from competing with private tax preparers.

 


Diversion - Misleading - Untruths

 

The Tennessee Valley Authority is a federally owned corporation in the United States created by congressional charter on May 18, 1933

 

 

The Tennessee Valley Authority provides navigation, flood control, electricity generation, fertilizer manufacturing

 

Source - TVA hasn't destroyed the South

 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_Valley_Authority

 

And your point - do you SEE that as a model for.........what ......... do we need a governmental AGENCY to manufacture cars, build houses, build GUITARS - what?

 

 

 

 

 


 


When Government Competes Against the Private Sector, Everybody Wins

 

Why are you so afraid of Competition - isn't that suposed to be the Corner Stone of Capitalism?

 

When civil servants are pitted against businesses they both become more innovative, and the competition secures better contracts for the American Tax Payer

 

Your Problem is you appreciate that our Current System is already Rigged and you can't get past the fact that when Government Competes with the Private Sector there must be some cheating just like when the Private Sector is allowed to go into a Government Agency and Actually Write the Policy that Controls the Profit in their own Businesses

 

It ought to be a Two-way Street Don't You think

 

Again, what are you afraid of - Competition?

 

Government Competes with the Private Sector in all kinds if areas and has for decades -

 

There is Already for Decades Competition in - Education - Healthcare - Trash Hauling - Water Purification & Delivery - Electricity - Medicine

 

Does that make us a Socialist Country?

 

Private companies competing against each other provides the best product at the best price. Keeping bureaucrats out of the mix permits them to do their job - insuring freedom in the free market and overseeing regulations.

 

What is the government's role in medicine - to compete with doctors. In education - tax dollars pay for the best way to provide it - electricity - the TVA was developed to fill a need that wasn't dealt with during the Depression (and put people to work), other than that they regulate and pay for, not provide public utilities.

 

 


 


TVA’s Generating Assets Today

  • 6 fossil plants (26 active units)
  • 3 nuclear plants (7 units)
  • 29 hydro plants (109 units)
  • 1 pumped storage hydroelectric plant (4 units)
  • 9 natural gas combustion turbine gas plants (85 units)
  • 8 natural gas combined cycle gas plants (16 units)
  • 1 diesel generator site (5 units)
  • 15 solar energy sites
  • 1 wind energy site

 

Our Power System
TVA’s power portfolio is dynamic and adaptable in the face of changing demands and regulations.
 
Our emphasis has moved away from traditional coal-based production and toward cleaner forms of power generation, and today the power we deliver is 54 percent carbon-free.

 

So that we remain responsive to the Valley’s winter and summer energy peaks, we’re adding more cleaner-burning natural gas units. To generate more bulk power, we’ve added the 21st century’s first new nuclear unit. As always, we generate clean, natural power with our 29 hydroelectric dams.

 

As for renewables, we continue to offer programs that allow Valley-based businesses and consumers to partner with us to generate solar, wind and biogas energy.

 

Meanwhile, we’re decommissioning some of our oldest coal-fired units to make way for these new, more efficient forms of power production. It’s a natural evolution—one that fits with our historic mission of providing reliable, low-cost energy that makes life better for the people we serve.

 

Source - https://www.tva.gov/Energy/Our-Power-System

 

 

 

Still no reason for the IRS to compete in the open market with Turbotax nor for the DOT to compete on the open market with GM. Then there is the Dept. of

 

Agriculture opening a market next to Safeway.

 

Bad ideas!!



Good Ideas

 

Anything that helps Decommodify the things Americans should expect their Governement to Provide is a Good Idea

 

The Quality of your Health should not be totally dependent on your ability to pay

 

We experience the absurdness with the cost if Insulin - Invented in 1934 - Quadrupling in Cost year over year

 

The Quality of your Education should not be totally dependent on your ability to pay

 

We experience this when it's finally exposed that those who are Routinely Doubling and Tripling their Incomes & are only in the Top 10% when they are Bribing Colleges to accept their Dumb Kids who could not compete scholastically with many who grew up in the Inner City and other underfunded Public School Systems

 

Either Eliminate the Corruption 100% and Level the Tax Paying Field or provide the services all Americans Need

Your Choice - the Current System is Not Fair and it's Not Sustainable

 

 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
249
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
260
Views

Re: Capitalism Produced - Theranos - Enron - Trump U

260 Views
Message 26 of 41

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

And it provided the breakfast you ate this morning. Is it perfect - certainly not. But it is better than any alternative out there.


No I paid for the breakfast I ate this AM & so didn't every other American Tax Payer - because the breakfast most of us ate this AM was paid for by subsidies from the Trump Federal Government to US Farmers

 

Some of the Electricity I used this AM was also paid for by US Tax Payers in the form of Federal Subsidies to the dwindling 24% of energy produced in the USA from subsidies to Coal Mine Corporations

 

Just a few examples of what you refer to as Capitalism - State Sponsored Corporations Corrupt Free Markets

 

BTW - I paid for it all with a phony State Valued US Dollar - so this worship of a Concept called Capitalism might fly with the Trump Zealots but for those willing to do the research & open their eyes - it's all a rigged system supported by monetary subsidies & political selection of winners & losers for any segment of the Economy unable to compete on it's own without failing

 

Theranos was protected by Politicians Republicans & Democrats for a decade until a whistleblower came forward

 

Competition defines Capitalism not Federal Government Subsidies

 

 

 

 


Yes, to a degree farmers are subsidized. It is an old tradition based on insuring that they are able to produce the food we need and to assure stability in cost as well as availability. The food you ate was produced by a very large network of people all of whom did what they did for only one reason - to make money to provide for themselves and their families.

 

To say "paid for by subsidies" is flat out false because it implies totality. And Including President Trump is also dishonest since in implies he started farm subsidies.

 

As to assisting industries so as to keep them viable and keep their employees employed and their customers supplied is not a detriment to capitalism - it is an assist. Just like regulations that assure the competitive nature of the market place - as opposed to having the IRS compete with Turbotax for example.

 

However, you seem quite mad about capitalism. Shall we discuss your alternative system?


No Lets First Discuss - Capitalism

 

Capitalism even allowing for the most generous definition is not what's going on the United States

 

The Minute the US Government spends one $ of Tax Payers Money on bailing out a US business unable to compete - you've lost the Capitalism Argument

 

That's it - it's No More Complicated than that...........

 

I've provided several examples of Government Intervention in the Economy from Artificial Juicing of the Value of the US Dollar to Giving Free Money from American Tax Payers to Corporations who cannot compete in the Free Market they themsleves Chose to be in

 

Spare me the Lecture about Whataboutism

 

What other Countries are doing is not pertinent to a discussion about the virtues of Capitalism vs anything else

 

The Minute the US Government spends one $ of Tax Payers Money on bailing out a US business unable to compete - you've lost the Capitalism Argument

 

The Minute the US Government intervenes in the Value of a $ - you've lost the Capitalism Argument

 

The US might be operating under some General Principles of Capitalism but so dont Drug Cartels & Organized Crime

 

 

What other System is irrelevant until we agree what we have now is not Capitalism

 

 

 


How would you prefer to see Capitalism work here? 

 

As to the government - if the national good dictates that an industry (food e.g.) is in need of help, there is nothing wrong with that - unless it interferes to assist one competitor over the other. It is also important for the government to interfere in the regulation sense to insure the freedom of the market - such as anti-trust.

 

The Minute the US Government spends one $ of Tax Payers Money on bailing out a US business unable to compete - you've lost the Capitalism Argument

 

That is true if it is taking sides in the competitive market place.

 

What other Countries are doing is not pertinent to a discussion about the virtues of Capitalism vs anything else

And yet some keep bringing up Australia, EU, Sweden, etc.

 

The only Measurable distinction between Capitalism and Socialism is the Scope of Government Intervention in the Economy

That is true - in real socialism like fascism, it is total. our goal has to be to minimize it to it's absolute necessities. Example - keep the IRS from competing with private tax preparers.

 


Diversion - Misleading - Untruths

 

The Tennessee Valley Authority is a federally owned corporation in the United States created by congressional charter on May 18, 1933

 

 

The Tennessee Valley Authority provides navigation, flood control, electricity generation, fertilizer manufacturing

 

Source - TVA hasn't destroyed the South

 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_Valley_Authority

 

And your point - do you SEE that as a model for.........what ......... do we need a governmental AGENCY to manufacture cars, build houses, build GUITARS - what?

 

 

 

 

 


 


When Government Competes Against the Private Sector, Everybody Wins

 

Why are you so afraid of Competition - isn't that suposed to be the Corner Stone of Capitalism?

 

When civil servants are pitted against businesses they both become more innovative, and the competition secures better contracts for the American Tax Payer

 

Your Problem is you appreciate that our Current System is already Rigged and you can't get past the fact that when Government Competes with the Private Sector there must be some cheating just like when the Private Sector is allowed to go into a Government Agency and Actually Write the Policy that Controls the Profit in their own Businesses

 

It ought to be a Two-way Street Don't You think

 

Again, what are you afraid of - Competition?

 

Government Competes with the Private Sector in all kinds if areas and has for decades -

 

There is Already for Decades Competition in - Education - Healthcare - Trash Hauling - Water Purification & Delivery - Electricity - Medicine

 

Does that make us a Socialist Country?

 

Private companies competing against each other provides the best product at the best price. Keeping bureaucrats out of the mix permits them to do their job - insuring freedom in the free market and overseeing regulations.

 

What is the government's role in medicine - to compete with doctors. In education - tax dollars pay for the best way to provide it - electricity - the TVA was developed to fill a need that wasn't dealt with during the Depression (and put people to work), other than that they regulate and pay for, not provide public utilities.

 

 


 


TVA’s Generating Assets Today

  • 6 fossil plants (26 active units)
  • 3 nuclear plants (7 units)
  • 29 hydro plants (109 units)
  • 1 pumped storage hydroelectric plant (4 units)
  • 9 natural gas combustion turbine gas plants (85 units)
  • 8 natural gas combined cycle gas plants (16 units)
  • 1 diesel generator site (5 units)
  • 15 solar energy sites
  • 1 wind energy site

 

Our Power System
TVA’s power portfolio is dynamic and adaptable in the face of changing demands and regulations.
 
Our emphasis has moved away from traditional coal-based production and toward cleaner forms of power generation, and today the power we deliver is 54 percent carbon-free.

 

So that we remain responsive to the Valley’s winter and summer energy peaks, we’re adding more cleaner-burning natural gas units. To generate more bulk power, we’ve added the 21st century’s first new nuclear unit. As always, we generate clean, natural power with our 29 hydroelectric dams.

 

As for renewables, we continue to offer programs that allow Valley-based businesses and consumers to partner with us to generate solar, wind and biogas energy.

 

Meanwhile, we’re decommissioning some of our oldest coal-fired units to make way for these new, more efficient forms of power production. It’s a natural evolution—one that fits with our historic mission of providing reliable, low-cost energy that makes life better for the people we serve.

 

Source - https://www.tva.gov/Energy/Our-Power-System

 

 

 

Still no reason for the IRS to compete in the open market with Turbotax nor for the DOT to compete on the open market with GM. Then there is the Dept. of

 

Agriculture opening a market next to Safeway.

 

Bad ideas!!


Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
260
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
261
Views

Re: Capitalism Produced - Theranos - Enron - Trump U

261 Views
Message 27 of 41

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

And it provided the breakfast you ate this morning. Is it perfect - certainly not. But it is better than any alternative out there.


No I paid for the breakfast I ate this AM & so didn't every other American Tax Payer - because the breakfast most of us ate this AM was paid for by subsidies from the Trump Federal Government to US Farmers

 

Some of the Electricity I used this AM was also paid for by US Tax Payers in the form of Federal Subsidies to the dwindling 24% of energy produced in the USA from subsidies to Coal Mine Corporations

 

Just a few examples of what you refer to as Capitalism - State Sponsored Corporations Corrupt Free Markets

 

BTW - I paid for it all with a phony State Valued US Dollar - so this worship of a Concept called Capitalism might fly with the Trump Zealots but for those willing to do the research & open their eyes - it's all a rigged system supported by monetary subsidies & political selection of winners & losers for any segment of the Economy unable to compete on it's own without failing

 

Theranos was protected by Politicians Republicans & Democrats for a decade until a whistleblower came forward

 

Competition defines Capitalism not Federal Government Subsidies

 

 

 

 


Yes, to a degree farmers are subsidized. It is an old tradition based on insuring that they are able to produce the food we need and to assure stability in cost as well as availability. The food you ate was produced by a very large network of people all of whom did what they did for only one reason - to make money to provide for themselves and their families.

 

To say "paid for by subsidies" is flat out false because it implies totality. And Including President Trump is also dishonest since in implies he started farm subsidies.

 

As to assisting industries so as to keep them viable and keep their employees employed and their customers supplied is not a detriment to capitalism - it is an assist. Just like regulations that assure the competitive nature of the market place - as opposed to having the IRS compete with Turbotax for example.

 

However, you seem quite mad about capitalism. Shall we discuss your alternative system?


No Lets First Discuss - Capitalism

 

Capitalism even allowing for the most generous definition is not what's going on the United States

 

The Minute the US Government spends one $ of Tax Payers Money on bailing out a US business unable to compete - you've lost the Capitalism Argument

 

That's it - it's No More Complicated than that...........

 

I've provided several examples of Government Intervention in the Economy from Artificial Juicing of the Value of the US Dollar to Giving Free Money from American Tax Payers to Corporations who cannot compete in the Free Market they themsleves Chose to be in

 

Spare me the Lecture about Whataboutism

 

What other Countries are doing is not pertinent to a discussion about the virtues of Capitalism vs anything else

 

The Minute the US Government spends one $ of Tax Payers Money on bailing out a US business unable to compete - you've lost the Capitalism Argument

 

The Minute the US Government intervenes in the Value of a $ - you've lost the Capitalism Argument

 

The US might be operating under some General Principles of Capitalism but so dont Drug Cartels & Organized Crime

 

 

What other System is irrelevant until we agree what we have now is not Capitalism

 

 

 


How would you prefer to see Capitalism work here? 

 

As to the government - if the national good dictates that an industry (food e.g.) is in need of help, there is nothing wrong with that - unless it interferes to assist one competitor over the other. It is also important for the government to interfere in the regulation sense to insure the freedom of the market - such as anti-trust.

 

The Minute the US Government spends one $ of Tax Payers Money on bailing out a US business unable to compete - you've lost the Capitalism Argument

 

That is true if it is taking sides in the competitive market place.

 

What other Countries are doing is not pertinent to a discussion about the virtues of Capitalism vs anything else

And yet some keep bringing up Australia, EU, Sweden, etc.

 

The only Measurable distinction between Capitalism and Socialism is the Scope of Government Intervention in the Economy

That is true - in real socialism like fascism, it is total. our goal has to be to minimize it to it's absolute necessities. Example - keep the IRS from competing with private tax preparers.

 


Diversion - Misleading - Untruths

 

The Tennessee Valley Authority is a federally owned corporation in the United States created by congressional charter on May 18, 1933

 

 

The Tennessee Valley Authority provides navigation, flood control, electricity generation, fertilizer manufacturing

 

Source - TVA hasn't destroyed the South

 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_Valley_Authority

 

And your point - do you SEE that as a model for.........what ......... do we need a governmental AGENCY to manufacture cars, build houses, build GUITARS - what?

 

 

 

 

 


 


When Government Competes Against the Private Sector, Everybody Wins

 

Why are you so afraid of Competition - isn't that suposed to be the Corner Stone of Capitalism?

 

When civil servants are pitted against businesses they both become more innovative, and the competition secures better contracts for the American Tax Payer

 

Your Problem is you appreciate that our Current System is already Rigged and you can't get past the fact that when Government Competes with the Private Sector there must be some cheating just like when the Private Sector is allowed to go into a Government Agency and Actually Write the Policy that Controls the Profit in their own Businesses

 

It ought to be a Two-way Street Don't You think

 

Again, what are you afraid of - Competition?

 

Government Competes with the Private Sector in all kinds if areas and has for decades -

 

There is Already for Decades Competition in - Education - Healthcare - Trash Hauling - Water Purification & Delivery - Electricity - Medicine

 

Does that make us a Socialist Country?

 

Private companies competing against each other provides the best product at the best price. Keeping bureaucrats out of the mix permits them to do their job - insuring freedom in the free market and overseeing regulations.

 

What is the government's role in medicine - to compete with doctors. In education - tax dollars pay for the best way to provide it - electricity - the TVA was developed to fill a need that wasn't dealt with during the Depression (and put people to work), other than that they regulate and pay for, not provide public utilities.

 

 


 


TVA’s Generating Assets Today

  • 6 fossil plants (26 active units)
  • 3 nuclear plants (7 units)
  • 29 hydro plants (109 units)
  • 1 pumped storage hydroelectric plant (4 units)
  • 9 natural gas combustion turbine gas plants (85 units)
  • 8 natural gas combined cycle gas plants (16 units)
  • 1 diesel generator site (5 units)
  • 15 solar energy sites
  • 1 wind energy site

 

Our Power System
TVA’s power portfolio is dynamic and adaptable in the face of changing demands and regulations.
 
Our emphasis has moved away from traditional coal-based production and toward cleaner forms of power generation, and today the power we deliver is 54 percent carbon-free.

 

So that we remain responsive to the Valley’s winter and summer energy peaks, we’re adding more cleaner-burning natural gas units. To generate more bulk power, we’ve added the 21st century’s first new nuclear unit. As always, we generate clean, natural power with our 29 hydroelectric dams.

 

As for renewables, we continue to offer programs that allow Valley-based businesses and consumers to partner with us to generate solar, wind and biogas energy.

 

Meanwhile, we’re decommissioning some of our oldest coal-fired units to make way for these new, more efficient forms of power production. It’s a natural evolution—one that fits with our historic mission of providing reliable, low-cost energy that makes life better for the people we serve.

 

Source - https://www.tva.gov/Energy/Our-Power-System

 

 

 

 

 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
261
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
253
Views

Re: Capitalism Produced - Theranos - Enron - Trump U

253 Views
Message 28 of 41

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

And it provided the breakfast you ate this morning. Is it perfect - certainly not. But it is better than any alternative out there.


No I paid for the breakfast I ate this AM & so didn't every other American Tax Payer - because the breakfast most of us ate this AM was paid for by subsidies from the Trump Federal Government to US Farmers

 

Some of the Electricity I used this AM was also paid for by US Tax Payers in the form of Federal Subsidies to the dwindling 24% of energy produced in the USA from subsidies to Coal Mine Corporations

 

Just a few examples of what you refer to as Capitalism - State Sponsored Corporations Corrupt Free Markets

 

BTW - I paid for it all with a phony State Valued US Dollar - so this worship of a Concept called Capitalism might fly with the Trump Zealots but for those willing to do the research & open their eyes - it's all a rigged system supported by monetary subsidies & political selection of winners & losers for any segment of the Economy unable to compete on it's own without failing

 

Theranos was protected by Politicians Republicans & Democrats for a decade until a whistleblower came forward

 

Competition defines Capitalism not Federal Government Subsidies

 

 

 

 


Yes, to a degree farmers are subsidized. It is an old tradition based on insuring that they are able to produce the food we need and to assure stability in cost as well as availability. The food you ate was produced by a very large network of people all of whom did what they did for only one reason - to make money to provide for themselves and their families.

 

To say "paid for by subsidies" is flat out false because it implies totality. And Including President Trump is also dishonest since in implies he started farm subsidies.

 

As to assisting industries so as to keep them viable and keep their employees employed and their customers supplied is not a detriment to capitalism - it is an assist. Just like regulations that assure the competitive nature of the market place - as opposed to having the IRS compete with Turbotax for example.

 

However, you seem quite mad about capitalism. Shall we discuss your alternative system?


No Lets First Discuss - Capitalism

 

Capitalism even allowing for the most generous definition is not what's going on the United States

 

The Minute the US Government spends one $ of Tax Payers Money on bailing out a US business unable to compete - you've lost the Capitalism Argument

 

That's it - it's No More Complicated than that...........

 

I've provided several examples of Government Intervention in the Economy from Artificial Juicing of the Value of the US Dollar to Giving Free Money from American Tax Payers to Corporations who cannot compete in the Free Market they themsleves Chose to be in

 

Spare me the Lecture about Whataboutism

 

What other Countries are doing is not pertinent to a discussion about the virtues of Capitalism vs anything else

 

The Minute the US Government spends one $ of Tax Payers Money on bailing out a US business unable to compete - you've lost the Capitalism Argument

 

The Minute the US Government intervenes in the Value of a $ - you've lost the Capitalism Argument

 

The US might be operating under some General Principles of Capitalism but so dont Drug Cartels & Organized Crime

 

 

What other System is irrelevant until we agree what we have now is not Capitalism

 

 

 


How would you prefer to see Capitalism work here? 

 

As to the government - if the national good dictates that an industry (food e.g.) is in need of help, there is nothing wrong with that - unless it interferes to assist one competitor over the other. It is also important for the government to interfere in the regulation sense to insure the freedom of the market - such as anti-trust.

 

The Minute the US Government spends one $ of Tax Payers Money on bailing out a US business unable to compete - you've lost the Capitalism Argument

 

That is true if it is taking sides in the competitive market place.

 

What other Countries are doing is not pertinent to a discussion about the virtues of Capitalism vs anything else

And yet some keep bringing up Australia, EU, Sweden, etc.

 

The only Measurable distinction between Capitalism and Socialism is the Scope of Government Intervention in the Economy

That is true - in real socialism like fascism, it is total. our goal has to be to minimize it to it's absolute necessities. Example - keep the IRS from competing with private tax preparers.

 


Diversion - Misleading - Untruths

 

The Tennessee Valley Authority is a federally owned corporation in the United States created by congressional charter on May 18, 1933

 

 

The Tennessee Valley Authority provides navigation, flood control, electricity generation, fertilizer manufacturing

 

Source - TVA hasn't destroyed the South

 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_Valley_Authority

 

And your point - do you SEE that as a model for.........what ......... do we need a governmental AGENCY to manufacture cars, build houses, build GUITARS - what?

 

 

 

 

 


 


When Government Competes Against the Private Sector, Everybody Wins

 

Why are you so afraid of Competition - isn't that suposed to be the Corner Stone of Capitalism?

 

When civil servants are pitted against businesses they both become more innovative, and the competition secures better contracts for the American Tax Payer

 

Your Problem is you appreciate that our Current System is already Rigged and you can't get past the fact that when Government Competes with the Private Sector there must be some cheating just like when the Private Sector is allowed to go into a Government Agency and Actually Write the Policy that Controls the Profit in their own Businesses

 

It ought to be a Two-way Street Don't You think

 

Again, what are you afraid of - Competition?

 

Government Competes with the Private Sector in all kinds if areas and has for decades -

 

There is Already for Decades Competition in - Education - Healthcare - Trash Hauling - Water Purification & Delivery - Electricity - Medicine

 

Does that make us a Socialist Country?

 

Private companies competing against each other provides the best product at the best price. Keeping bureaucrats out of the mix permits them to do their job - insuring freedom in the free market and overseeing regulations.

 

What is the government's role in medicine - to compete with doctors. In education - tax dollars pay for the best way to provide it - electricity - the TVA was developed to fill a need that wasn't dealt with during the Depression (and put people to work), other than that they regulate and pay for, not provide public utilities.

 

 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
253
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
260
Views

Re: Capitalism Produced - Theranos - Enron - Trump U

260 Views
Message 29 of 41

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

And it provided the breakfast you ate this morning. Is it perfect - certainly not. But it is better than any alternative out there.


No I paid for the breakfast I ate this AM & so didn't every other American Tax Payer - because the breakfast most of us ate this AM was paid for by subsidies from the Trump Federal Government to US Farmers

 

Some of the Electricity I used this AM was also paid for by US Tax Payers in the form of Federal Subsidies to the dwindling 24% of energy produced in the USA from subsidies to Coal Mine Corporations

 

Just a few examples of what you refer to as Capitalism - State Sponsored Corporations Corrupt Free Markets

 

BTW - I paid for it all with a phony State Valued US Dollar - so this worship of a Concept called Capitalism might fly with the Trump Zealots but for those willing to do the research & open their eyes - it's all a rigged system supported by monetary subsidies & political selection of winners & losers for any segment of the Economy unable to compete on it's own without failing

 

Theranos was protected by Politicians Republicans & Democrats for a decade until a whistleblower came forward

 

Competition defines Capitalism not Federal Government Subsidies

 

 

 

 


Yes, to a degree farmers are subsidized. It is an old tradition based on insuring that they are able to produce the food we need and to assure stability in cost as well as availability. The food you ate was produced by a very large network of people all of whom did what they did for only one reason - to make money to provide for themselves and their families.

 

To say "paid for by subsidies" is flat out false because it implies totality. And Including President Trump is also dishonest since in implies he started farm subsidies.

 

As to assisting industries so as to keep them viable and keep their employees employed and their customers supplied is not a detriment to capitalism - it is an assist. Just like regulations that assure the competitive nature of the market place - as opposed to having the IRS compete with Turbotax for example.

 

However, you seem quite mad about capitalism. Shall we discuss your alternative system?


No Lets First Discuss - Capitalism

 

Capitalism even allowing for the most generous definition is not what's going on the United States

 

The Minute the US Government spends one $ of Tax Payers Money on bailing out a US business unable to compete - you've lost the Capitalism Argument

 

That's it - it's No More Complicated than that...........

 

I've provided several examples of Government Intervention in the Economy from Artificial Juicing of the Value of the US Dollar to Giving Free Money from American Tax Payers to Corporations who cannot compete in the Free Market they themsleves Chose to be in

 

Spare me the Lecture about Whataboutism

 

What other Countries are doing is not pertinent to a discussion about the virtues of Capitalism vs anything else

 

The Minute the US Government spends one $ of Tax Payers Money on bailing out a US business unable to compete - you've lost the Capitalism Argument

 

The Minute the US Government intervenes in the Value of a $ - you've lost the Capitalism Argument

 

The US might be operating under some General Principles of Capitalism but so dont Drug Cartels & Organized Crime

 

 

What other System is irrelevant until we agree what we have now is not Capitalism

 

 

 


How would you prefer to see Capitalism work here? 

 

As to the government - if the national good dictates that an industry (food e.g.) is in need of help, there is nothing wrong with that - unless it interferes to assist one competitor over the other. It is also important for the government to interfere in the regulation sense to insure the freedom of the market - such as anti-trust.

 

The Minute the US Government spends one $ of Tax Payers Money on bailing out a US business unable to compete - you've lost the Capitalism Argument

 

That is true if it is taking sides in the competitive market place.

 

What other Countries are doing is not pertinent to a discussion about the virtues of Capitalism vs anything else

And yet some keep bringing up Australia, EU, Sweden, etc.

 

The only Measurable distinction between Capitalism and Socialism is the Scope of Government Intervention in the Economy

That is true - in real socialism like fascism, it is total. our goal has to be to minimize it to it's absolute necessities. Example - keep the IRS from competing with private tax preparers.

 


Diversion - Misleading - Untruths

 

The Tennessee Valley Authority is a federally owned corporation in the United States created by congressional charter on May 18, 1933

 

 

The Tennessee Valley Authority provides navigation, flood control, electricity generation, fertilizer manufacturing

 

Source - TVA hasn't destroyed the South

 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_Valley_Authority

 

And your point - do you SEE that as a model for.........what ......... do we need a governmental AGENCY to manufacture cars, build houses, build GUITARS - what?

 

 

 

 

 


 


When Government Competes Against the Private Sector, Everybody Wins

 

Why are you so afraid of Competition - isn't that suposed to be the Corner Stone of Capitalism?

 

When civil servants are pitted against businesses they both become more innovative, and the competition secures better contracts for the American Tax Payer

 

Your Problem is you appreciate that our Current System is already Rigged and you can't get past the fact that when Government Competes with the Private Sector there must be some cheating just like when the Private Sector is allowed to go into a Government Agency and Actually Write the Policy that Controls the Profit in their own Businesses

 

It ought to be a Two-way Street Don't You think

 

Again, what are you afraid of - Competition?

 

Government Competes with the Private Sector in all kinds if areas and has for decades -

 

There is Already for Decades Competition in - Education - Healthcare - Trash Hauling - Water Purification & Delivery - Electricity - Medicine

 

Does that make us a Socialist Country?

 

 

 

 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
260
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
256
Views

Re: Capitalism Produced - Theranos - Enron - Trump U

256 Views
Message 30 of 41

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

And it provided the breakfast you ate this morning. Is it perfect - certainly not. But it is better than any alternative out there.


No I paid for the breakfast I ate this AM & so didn't every other American Tax Payer - because the breakfast most of us ate this AM was paid for by subsidies from the Trump Federal Government to US Farmers

 

Some of the Electricity I used this AM was also paid for by US Tax Payers in the form of Federal Subsidies to the dwindling 24% of energy produced in the USA from subsidies to Coal Mine Corporations

 

Just a few examples of what you refer to as Capitalism - State Sponsored Corporations Corrupt Free Markets

 

BTW - I paid for it all with a phony State Valued US Dollar - so this worship of a Concept called Capitalism might fly with the Trump Zealots but for those willing to do the research & open their eyes - it's all a rigged system supported by monetary subsidies & political selection of winners & losers for any segment of the Economy unable to compete on it's own without failing

 

Theranos was protected by Politicians Republicans & Democrats for a decade until a whistleblower came forward

 

Competition defines Capitalism not Federal Government Subsidies

 

 

 

 


Yes, to a degree farmers are subsidized. It is an old tradition based on insuring that they are able to produce the food we need and to assure stability in cost as well as availability. The food you ate was produced by a very large network of people all of whom did what they did for only one reason - to make money to provide for themselves and their families.

 

To say "paid for by subsidies" is flat out false because it implies totality. And Including President Trump is also dishonest since in implies he started farm subsidies.

 

As to assisting industries so as to keep them viable and keep their employees employed and their customers supplied is not a detriment to capitalism - it is an assist. Just like regulations that assure the competitive nature of the market place - as opposed to having the IRS compete with Turbotax for example.

 

However, you seem quite mad about capitalism. Shall we discuss your alternative system?


No Lets First Discuss - Capitalism

 

Capitalism even allowing for the most generous definition is not what's going on the United States

 

The Minute the US Government spends one $ of Tax Payers Money on bailing out a US business unable to compete - you've lost the Capitalism Argument

 

That's it - it's No More Complicated than that...........

 

I've provided several examples of Government Intervention in the Economy from Artificial Juicing of the Value of the US Dollar to Giving Free Money from American Tax Payers to Corporations who cannot compete in the Free Market they themsleves Chose to be in

 

Spare me the Lecture about Whataboutism

 

What other Countries are doing is not pertinent to a discussion about the virtues of Capitalism vs anything else

 

The Minute the US Government spends one $ of Tax Payers Money on bailing out a US business unable to compete - you've lost the Capitalism Argument

 

The Minute the US Government intervenes in the Value of a $ - you've lost the Capitalism Argument

 

The US might be operating under some General Principles of Capitalism but so dont Drug Cartels & Organized Crime

 

 

What other System is irrelevant until we agree what we have now is not Capitalism

 

 

 


How would you prefer to see Capitalism work here? 

 

As to the government - if the national good dictates that an industry (food e.g.) is in need of help, there is nothing wrong with that - unless it interferes to assist one competitor over the other. It is also important for the government to interfere in the regulation sense to insure the freedom of the market - such as anti-trust.

 

The Minute the US Government spends one $ of Tax Payers Money on bailing out a US business unable to compete - you've lost the Capitalism Argument

 

That is true if it is taking sides in the competitive market place.

 

What other Countries are doing is not pertinent to a discussion about the virtues of Capitalism vs anything else

And yet some keep bringing up Australia, EU, Sweden, etc.

 

The only Measurable distinction between Capitalism and Socialism is the Scope of Government Intervention in the Economy

That is true - in real socialism like fascism, it is total. our goal has to be to minimize it to it's absolute necessities. Example - keep the IRS from competing with private tax preparers.

 


Diversion - Misleading - Untruths

 

The Tennessee Valley Authority is a federally owned corporation in the United States created by congressional charter on May 18, 1933

 

 

The Tennessee Valley Authority provides navigation, flood control, electricity generation, fertilizer manufacturing

 

Source - TVA hasn't destroyed the South

 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_Valley_Authority

 

And your point - do you SEE that as a model for.........what ......... do we need a governmental AGENCY to manufacture cars, build houses, build GUITARS - what?

 

 

 

 

 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
256
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors