Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Capitalism Produced - Theranos - Enron - Trump U

Message 1 of 41

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Capitalism Produced - Theranos - Enron - Trump U...............

Just watched the Documentary on Theranos

A 19 year old kid - lied her way into a 10 Billion $$ Company that never produced a Single Legitimate Product or Service and yet stayed in Business for 10 years and that 19 year old kid was on the Cover of Numerous Magazines

Has on her Board

Henry Kissinger - George Schultz - James Mattis - David Boies - William Perry - Allen Northrop

She was interviewed on TV by

Joe Biden - Bill Clinton - Charlie Rose - Fox News

Elizabeth Holmes - A Carnival Barker - A Grifter - A liar & a Cheat

Capitalism at it's Finest

Elizabeth Holmes was supported by feminist liberals and the liberal news media including AARP and I posted a thread about it which you ignored:

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Politics-Current-Events/You-Go-Girl/td-p/2006264

You know who didn't fall for the Theranos scam?  Misogynists.

I'm Not a Feminist - I'm Not A Liberal - I'm Not In The News Media

I am guilty of being a Member of AARP - So What - Death Penalty - Lethal Injection - I'm Ready

I beieve the point is - why not comment on those who supported her scam rather than blame Capitalism (your topic)?

Because unlike Regressives, I believe in causality. Her scam would've been IMPOSSIBLE to carry off anywhere EXCEPT the USA.
The problem is NOT "Capitalism", it is the creation of a Corporate Oligarchy by the Republican Party that is the problem.

What would stop it elsewhere.

This whole thing of blaming her scam on Capitalism is as stupid as that TV ad that considers "waking up to go" a problem. Hey, going without first waking up (and getting up) is the real problem.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 41

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

A 19 year old kid - lied her way into a 10 Billion $$ Company that never produced a Single Legitimate Product or Service and yet stayed in Business for 10 years and that 19 year old kid was on the Cover of Numerous Magazines

Has on her Board

Henry Kissinger - George Schultz - James Mattis - David Boies - William Perry - Allen Northrop

Elizabeth Holmes was supported by feminist liberals and the liberal news media including AARP and I posted a thread about it which you ignored:

I am guilty of being a Member of AARP - So What - Death Penalty - Lethal Injection - I'm Ready

I beieve the point is - why not comment on those who supported her scam rather than blame Capitalism (your topic)?

Because unlike Regressives, I believe in causality. Her scam would've been IMPOSSIBLE to carry off anywhere EXCEPT the USA.
The problem is NOT "Capitalism", it is the creation of a Corporate Oligarchy by the Republican Party that is the problem.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 41

@mickstuder wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Has on her Board

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 41

@aruzinsky wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Has on her Board

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 41

Here's how the 33 WEALTHY PARENTS have pleaded in the college admissions scam

No Muslims - No Welfare Moms - No Illegals

The not guilty pleas

1. Gregory Colburn (in court March 4)
2. Amy Colburn (in court March 4)
3. David Sidoo (via court filing April 12)
4. Robert Zangrillo (via court filing April 12)
5. Elisabeth Kimmel (via court filing April 12)
6. Homayoun Zadeh (via court filing April 12)
7. John Wilson (via court filing April 12)
8. I-Hsin "Joey" Chen (via court filing April 12)
9. Gamal Abdelaziz (via court filing April 14)
10. Diane Blake (via court filing April 15)
11. Todd Blake (via court filing April 15)
12. William McGlashan (via court filing April 15)
13. Mossimo Giannulli (via court filing April 15)
14. Lori Loughlin (via court filing April 15)
15. Marci Palatella (via court filing April 15)
16. Douglas Hodge (via court filing April 15)
17. Michelle Janavs (via court filing April 15)
18. Manuel Henriquez
19. Elizabeth Henriquez

The guilty pleas
1. Gregory Abbott
2. Marcia Abbott
3. Jane Buckingham
4. Gordon Caplan
5. Robert Flaxman
6. Felicity Huffman
7. Agustin Huneeus Jr.
8. Marjorie Klapper
9. Peter Jan Sartorio
10. Stephen Semprevivo
11. Devin Sloane
12. Davina Isackson (charged by separate information along with her husband)

Source - https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/16/us/college-admissions-parents-status/index.html

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 41

@mickstuder wrote:

Has on her Board

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 41

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

What rule demands socialized medicine? Same for retirement plans. Collective bargaining is protected. Which fraud protections have been removed? Along that line, I think we can agree that "too big to fail" is a mistake. If there is a limit on size for failure, then growth beyond that point needs to be looked at.

I don't believe I have stepped beyond Conservative thinking on that since we are talking about protections offered to a corporation - if they want the protections, they have to cooperate on rules.

Oddly, I don't think I mentioned "Socialized Medicine".

What is "odd" about that?

Frankly, I would love for the American style of Capitalism to work as well as Republicans pretend it does.  But health care companies have become near monopolies and the Republicans don't want to break them up.

I really can't believe that all happened since January 2017.

So, the American style of free enterprise includes inefficient monopolies while countries with government run health care have better outcomes at lower costs.  Another example of American style Capitalism not working.  

Next example?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 41

@rk9152 wrote:

What rule demands socialized medicine? Same for retirement plans. Collective bargaining is protected. Which fraud protections have been removed? Along that line, I think we can agree that "too big to fail" is a mistake. If there is a limit on size for failure, then growth beyond that point needs to be looked at.

I don't believe I have stepped beyond Conservative thinking on that since we are talking about protections offered to a corporation - if they want the protections, they have to cooperate on rules.

Oddly, I don't think I mentioned "Socialized Medicine".  Frankly, I would love for the American style of Capitalism to work as well as Republicans pretend it does.  But health care companies have become near monopolies and the Republicans don't want to break them up. So, the American style of free enterprise includes inefficient monopolies while countries with government run health care have better outcomes at lower costs.  Another example of American style Capitalism not working.  

Next example?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 41

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Just to be clear...AMERICAN style Capitalism produced those problems. Generally they do not exist in countries which enforce rules and insist on accountability. 

Which rules and accountability is it that concerns you.

Health care, retirement programs, protections for collective bargaining, all of the anti corporate fraud legislation that went into effect after the Enron debacle which Republicans have been removing, same for banking regulations....... 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 41

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Just to be clear...AMERICAN style Capitalism produced those problems. Generally they do not exist in countries which enforce rules and insist on accountability. 

Which rules and accountability is it that concerns you.

Health care, retirement programs, protections for collective bargaining, all of the anti corporate fraud legislation that went into effect after the Enron debacle which Republicans have been removing, same for banking regulations....... 

Kudos
Views