Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Canada's Border "WALL"

Message 11 of 31

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Yes I agree you are one very confused person. Still waiting for responses on subjects.

you have received them

Not true.

you have received them

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 31

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

Oh but you did. Try reading what you said again. Most of the world thinks we are headed to 3rd world Status, and that includes Canada under Trump. By one pole out this week about 60% of Americans think that and they do not think Trump should be reelected. I am sure Canada is hopping that is true so they still have faith in the American people to get rid of their incompetent President. The Safe 3rd Country you speak of is something 2 good countries agreed to as they felt it would help both, but sadly our Country took a really bad turn that no one in either Country thought was possible a few years ago. That is what happens when the far right takes over as you say there is an invisible border wall between the 2 countries. Could be some one will tell Trump about the invisible border wall, and he could do one of 2 things. Want to build a wall  to the north, or tell his followers he has buil that type of wall with Mexico, and now no one is crossing it. about 60% of Americans think that and they do not think Trump should be reelected. He could even use that approach on all the kids that were stolen and the govt. can not find now. They might use that in the court case to be heard.

What a strange post, by the numbers:

1. "and that includes Canada under Trump" - did we annex Canada while I was sleeping?

2. "By one pole out this week" - are we now looking to fishing "poles" to substantiate biased positions?

3. "about 60% of Americans think that and they do not think Trump should be reelected..." - that is an issue resolved in the voting booths, not by fishing poles.

4. "but sadly our Country took a really bad turn that no one in either Country thought was possible a few years ago" - I understand that a turn from the drift towards neoMarxism did occur but that didn't make a drastic change for our country that anyone should be worried about. It just restored us to where we were.

5. "he has built that type of wall with Mexico, and now no one is crossing it" - but the caravans would throw that idea right out the window.

I am still waiting for answers from you on about 3 posts. One does not choose what to answer. It is everything or nothing. Now I agree with you that your answers on this subject are very strange. Fact is it shows you do not understand the subject. Stop  watching FOX as they will always make ones answers not true.

One tries to respond. But one must admit to being confused as to just what is being asked. One is also confused as to the relevance of FOX and really feels bad that he slept through the annexation of Canada.

Yes I agree you are one very confused person. Still waiting for responses on subjects.

you have received them

Not true.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 31

@GailL1 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@GailL1 wrote:

No, that is not what I am saying.  I didn't say anything about a third world country.  The topic is about why Canada has not cancelled their Safe Third Country Agreement with us?  It is their INVISABLE border wall for them.

Sounds to me like you do NOT know what a "Safe Third Country" is - and what the agreement between the U.S. and Canada means for them and us.  The concept began in Europe as a way to streamline asylum management in Europe.

If Canada thinks, like you seem to, that our Country is no longer a safe thrid country - then wouldn't one think that they would want to dissolve this Safe Third Country Agreement with us?

• . . . . . . Most of the world thinks we are headed to 3rd world Status, and that includes Canada under Trump.. . . . 
  • The Safe 3rd Country you speak of is something 2 good countries agreed to as they felt it would help both, but sadly our Country took a really bad turn that no one in either Country thought was possible a few years ago. That is what happens when the far right takes over as you say there is an invisible border wall between the 2 countries.

Thanks for making my point -

If Canada feels the way you have stated - which I am not disputing that they might feel this way - Why not cancel this Agreement with us and allow asylum seekers for where ever to pick their country?

It is because they do not want the asylum seekers from where ever coming to their country thru our country.  The Safe Third Country Agreement between the U.S. and Canada prevents this now - that is the Canadian Invisable Wall.  We are giving them cover.

Why would you not think that many here from where ever would not want to seek asylum in Canada?  Asylum seekers coming from the Latin American Northern Triangle, perhaps Mexico - including any unaccompanied minors.  Perhaps those who overstay their Visas here and are on the road to deportation. perhaps those with Temporary Protective Status which have been ordered to return to their home country. 

Heck there may even be some US citizens that have so much violence in their neighborhood that they want to go to Canada - Chicago, comes to mind.

It would be great if Mexico could become a Safe Third Country - why not - many of these current asylum seekers ARE taking refuge in Mexico now.

Canada needs to open up their border to asylum seekers coming through our country - We need to dissove this invisible wall.

How is this Safe Third Country Agreement between the U.S. and Canada helping us at all?

Seems to me, we are just giving Canada some cover from hordes of asylum seekers that cannot go any further than the U.S. when trying to find a safe place.  Canada is just as safe as here, according to you, more so. 

Sorry I could not make your point as you had no point. Have you ever been to Canada? Yes I have. In my working years spent a fair amount of time there as we had operations in Canada. All I ever showed when crossing was a drivers license, and sometimes not even anything. Was in a Town that the border ran through. There was one place where the front of the bldg. was in US rear in Canada. It was a border for all to try and copy.

Now you take an article written with an anti Trump theme where the author says there is an invisible border wall in what seems to be a joking way and want to  spend hours on it. We have border problems now due to having a President with mental problems. So if you want to fix all the border problems you make sure Trump is a one term President, and pray we can even survive the next 2 years. Once we return to normal all the border problems can be solved by thinking people. Till Trump is gone it is a total waste of time so here is a thought for you. Just sit back and relax and watch our mentally impaired President read the speech this evening, and then watch the response by the women who would be Governor of GA if the far right allowed all to vote.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 31

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

Oh but you did. Try reading what you said again. Most of the world thinks we are headed to 3rd world Status, and that includes Canada under Trump. By one pole out this week about 60% of Americans think that and they do not think Trump should be reelected. I am sure Canada is hopping that is true so they still have faith in the American people to get rid of their incompetent President. The Safe 3rd Country you speak of is something 2 good countries agreed to as they felt it would help both, but sadly our Country took a really bad turn that no one in either Country thought was possible a few years ago. That is what happens when the far right takes over as you say there is an invisible border wall between the 2 countries. Could be some one will tell Trump about the invisible border wall, and he could do one of 2 things. Want to build a wall  to the north, or tell his followers he has buil that type of wall with Mexico, and now no one is crossing it. about 60% of Americans think that and they do not think Trump should be reelected. He could even use that approach on all the kids that were stolen and the govt. can not find now. They might use that in the court case to be heard.

1. "and that includes Canada under Trump" - did we annex Canada while I was sleeping?

2. "By one pole out this week" - are we now looking to fishing "poles" to substantiate biased positions?

3. "about 60% of Americans think that and they do not think Trump should be reelected..." - that is an issue resolved in the voting booths, not by fishing poles.

4. "but sadly our Country took a really bad turn that no one in either Country thought was possible a few years ago" - I understand that a turn from the drift towards neoMarxism did occur but that didn't make a drastic change for our country that anyone should be worried about. It just restored us to where we were.

5. "he has built that type of wall with Mexico, and now no one is crossing it" - but the caravans would throw that idea right out the window.

I am still waiting for answers from you on about 3 posts. One does not choose what to answer. It is everything or nothing. Now I agree with you that your answers on this subject are very strange. Fact is it shows you do not understand the subject. Stop  watching FOX as they will always make ones answers not true.

One tries to respond. But one must admit to being confused as to just what is being asked. One is also confused as to the relevance of FOX and really feels bad that he slept through the annexation of Canada.

you have received them

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 31

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 31

@rker321 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Note the topic.Very few of your poor, tired brown people are coming through Canada.

Wrong there are a  lot of brown people that are coming from India thru Canada and alos yellow from China and black from, Africa and many other countries and ethnicities.

You'll have to check with scout but I do not think that the "poor, tired brown people" he/she/it is weeping anguished tears over come from India.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 31

@GailL1 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Gail ; you mean to tell me that you understand the issue? then why in this world Trump doesn't?  I am waiting for the National Emergency to happen and I really hope it does. I bet if he would ask for 20 billions for a wall that you describe  I bet he wouldn't have a problem getting it.

President Trump did try to get Mexico to sign a Safe Third Country Agreement with us - the same type of agreement that we have with Canada.  They would not - Like I have told you before and of course you don't want to  believe me is that Mexico  will never do anything tha  is goo for the US. sorry that you don't think that they are really and have never been our friend. but their vote in the Organization of American States as I have told you before has a history of alwyas voting against the uS>

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 31

@rk9152 wrote:

Note the topic.Very few of your poor, tired brown people are coming through Canada.

Wrong there are a  lot of brown people that are coming from India thru Canada and alos yellow from China and black from, Africa and many other countries and ethnicities.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 31

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 31

@Olderscout66 wrote:

There has NEVER been a "wall" that could not be negated, and there's never been a border that was not regularily transgressed. The notion that we need to waste billions to prevent poor brown people from trying to become Americans is absurd.

This is the CANADIAN INVISIBLE WALL - 

How can this invisible wall be negated?

Why should these asylum seekers not have any access to Canada to file their claim for protection????

What is the benefit to the U.S. in having this agreement with Canada?  Especially since Mexico is not included in the Agreement, especially since this current batch of asylum seekers is coming from the south, by land.

The Safe Third Country Agreement between Canada and the United States (U.S.) is part of the U.S.–Canada Smart Border Action Plan.

Under the Agreement, refugee claimants are required to request refugee protection in the first safe country they arrive in, unless they qualify for an exception to the Agreement.

The Agreement helps both governments better manage access to the refugee system in each country for people crossing the Canada–U.S. land border. The two countries signed the Agreement on December 5, 2002, and it came into effect on December 29, 2004.

To date, the U.S. is the only country that is designated as a safe third country by Canada under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

The Agreement does not apply to U.S. citizens or habitual residents of the U.S. who are not citizens of any country (“stateless persons”).

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors