Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: COVID-19 What is the Priority?

Message 1 of 5

In order to combat the Corona Virus crisis, President Trump said he is thinking about a payroll tax credit for people.

Yeah I saw that, I suspect another deduction deception, spend now, pay higher taxes after the election.

I'm an employer, not a big one, but I do payroll. I'm not doing it, I refuse.

Social Security and Medicare going broke and the Trump Party wants to cut payroll  taxes. We wouldn't have these problems if we had raised the payroll tax  1/4 of a percent every ten years and kept minimum wage indexed to inflation.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

He only thinks in terms of business and not people. 

There are people who MUST work to survive and they will be the ones spreading the virus. Give them paid leave. Like an emergency worker's compensation or something. It's more important than bailing out cruise lines..

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

A cut in these payroll taxes will put very little extra money in the pockets of those poorest wage earners and NONE in the pockets of anyone not employed.  A moratorium of 20 weeks would add $480 billion to the Trump deficit.

Better solutions would be to require paid sick leave for all workers. Pay for all testing. Many countries  have simply started writing checks to affected workers. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

tRump will use any excuse at this point to cut funding for SS and Medicare. Then when the funds get lower it will be a mantra of cutting benefits. he is running a scam. Why dosen't he simply raise taxes of the wealthy and corporations, he just cut those?  

We have a Corporatist, a Fascist in the White House who cares nothing about the 99%.

"The only thing that man learns from history is that man learns nothing from history."
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views
Replies

COVID-19 What is the Priority?

Message 5 of 5

In order to combat the Corona Virus crisis, President Trump said he is thinking about a payroll tax credit for people.  The payroll tax supports the two biggest safety nets: Social Security and Medicare. The idea behind a temporary cut -- or payroll tax holiday -- is to put extra cash into people's pockets so that they'll spend more, which can boost the economy. From what I see in the stores, people are spending plenty of money: stockpiling supplies. Folks, we aren't having a financial crisis.  The market is going down because of the conflicting information we're getting from doctors, scientists versus what's coming out of the White House. What we have is a medical/health crisis. So, why is the President wanting to give payroll credits, and bail out big companies: hotels, airlines, cruise lines?  Is this going to solve the problem? He needs to stop thinking like a businessman and start acting like a president.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors