Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: COOKIES AND DOG POOP

Message 11 of 20

@FredSmif wrote:

I actually had to "google" who Van Jones was. Turns out he was on the CNN panel last night along with Rick Santorum (who I knew).

I was really annoyed by Santorum continually having to jump in and start talking over Jones and some others. Wait your turn, dude! Really, this is why I don't like shows like this with multiple people.

Now, Jones himself seemed like a reasonable person to me.

Of course he does. He was a member of the Obama Administration until his Communist background came to light.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 20

@nctarheel wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

According to CBS 74% on the American citizens approved of the speech. And then we have the low class Jones and the "Yeah, me too" posters.

As does INDIVIDUAL-1, when quoting statistics, INDIVDUAL-1'S supporters tend to leave out important data that relates to the polling.

(1) The poll was of those who were "watching" the SOTU.

(2) The "watchers" were 43% Republican.

(3) The Republican "watchers" were already 61% positive on INDIVIDUAL-1.

(4) Having drunk the kool-aid, the Republican "watchers" were 97% positive on the SOTU.

With that kind of skewed population in the poll, no wonder 76% approved, almost half were Republicans where he already has an approval rating 21 points higher than his overall approval rating.

That makes the figure of 76% worthless.

BTW, @rk9152 , in your rush to report the SKEWED results, you quoted the wrong figure. It was 76%, not 74%.

Rant and run around in circles all you need to but the bottom line is that all polls indicated approval.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 20

nctarheel: 

(4) Having drunk the kool-aid, the Republican "watchers" were 97% positive on the SOTU.

This proves your point.

The poll means little since Republicans would approve of Trump if he stood up there trimming his toenails.

Speech audience was most partisan since 2001

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/06/politics/state-of-the-union-poll/index.html

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 20

Couple thoughts on the Trump-love Show.

Repuiblicans were overwhelmingly pleased because the little Toad didn't soil himself on National TV, and they knew what an effort that was for him.

His Fundie-petting incoherent rant on women not being able to make rational decisions about their own bodies may have solidified his Fundie Support, but cost him a bunch more college educated women who voted for him based on what the KGB and their partners on FoxNews was saying about Hillary.

He LOST the popular vote, and his 70,000-4-State-"majority" in the electoral college SHRANK because of this speech and even with their Gerrymanders, there's a passel of GOPers who are in big trouble if he's on the ticket in 2020.

So the one positive thing to come out of his rant last night would be a significant up-tick in the likelyhood the House will impeach and Senate will convict the ToadPOTUS for his traitorous felonies the Mueller Report will lay before us.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 20

I actually had to "google" who Van Jones was. Turns out he was on the CNN panel last night along with Rick Santorum (who I knew).

I was really annoyed by Santorum continually having to jump in and start talking over Jones and some others. Wait your turn, dude! Really, this is why I don't like shows like this with multiple people.

Now, Jones himself seemed like a reasonable person to me.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 20

@rk9152 wrote:

According to CBS 74% on the American citizens approved of the speech. And then we have the low class Jones and the "Yeah, me too" posters.

As does INDIVIDUAL-1, when quoting statistics, INDIVDUAL-1'S supporters tend to leave out important data that relates to the polling.

With that kind of skewed population in the poll, no wonder 76% approved, almost half were Republicans where he already has an approval rating 21 points higher than his overall approval rating.

That makes the figure of 76% worthless.

BTW, @rk9152 , in your rush to report the SKEWED results, you quoted the wrong figure. It was 76%, not 74%.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 20

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 20

It was an excellent choice to have the opposing party's response presented by Stacey Abrams. Now, that woman can give a great public presentation. Very impressive.

(It was a real relief, too, to have her do this rather than some entrenched Democratic pol. Isn't this unusual? I don't recall.)

The contrast between Abrams' clearly understandable and literate talk and Trump's as-per-usual rambling speech full of meaningless and gratuitous superlatives was so telling.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 20

@nctarheel wrote:

Van Jones summed up the divisive and overly long State of The Union speech by INDIVIDUAL-1.

He said:

"A psychotically incoherent speech with cookies and dog poop."

I, in fact, believe Van was being polite.

Call Trump's speech for what it was ..... a continuation of his serial lies sprinkled on a pile of smoldering manure!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

COOKIES AND DOG POOP

Message 20 of 20

Van Jones summed up the divisive and overly long State of The Union speech by INDIVIDUAL-1.

He said:

"A psychotically incoherent speech with cookies and dog poop."

I, in fact, believe Van was being polite.

Kudos
Views
Replies