Getting ready to enroll in Medicare? AARP’s Medicare Made Easy has the resources you need to help you make the right choices.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: CONTACT YOUR SENATORS TO SAVE MEDICARE / MEDICAID

Message 1 of 6

Truth is not one of those things high on the politician's priority list.  With "the donald" it is not even in his limited vocabulary.  Tell both "the donald" AND your Congresscritter[s] you object to their treating you like you're the fool they obviously think you are. 

Tell them you WILL remember who it was that did that come 2018.  Some want to keep their job.  Keep that spotlight on so they "see the light". 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

@WebWiseWoman wrote:

I don't want to seem stupid but what is the difference between medicare and medicaid?

Google search doesn't define the difference.

So asking:

• Who qualifies for each?
  • What defines quality of care?

Thank you in advance!

You aren't stupid.   Medicare is for people 65 and older, or who have certain disabilities, like kidney disease or ALS.  And you have to work a certain number of quarters to be eligible for coverage.    Medicaid is for certain people regardless of age, but it's based on income/assets, and generally govered those who were "blind or disabled."   Historically it has covered extremely low income people, those making less that 50% of the federal poverty guidelines.   The CHIP program was an expansion of Medicaid for kids and pregnant women.  Those income guidelines were higher in most states.  Obamacare expands Medicaid even further.  138% of federal poverty guidelines.  

There is dual Medicaid and Medicare coverage for some people.  Medicaid generally picks up the Medicare premium costs for them.   QMB and SLMB. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

Our fully discredited "so-called"president is holding a news conference as I write this on CNN telling the world how he is fully behind his wonderful health care plan, which takes away meals on wheels,  Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security, leaves the elderly at risk, and the young and the poor at great risk.

WAIT!  MUST HAVE BEEN FAKE NEWS WHEN HE SO EARNESTLY PROMISED NOT TO TOUCH THESE ENTITLEMENTS.

Trump also went on talking about "fake news" and how the "fake news" is reporting this bill incorrectly.  In Trumpeeze this means he thinks he's going to fail.  The people that he talked about in this news release who were in his meeting discussing his WONDERFUL AHCA, WHICH HE SAID HE IS 💯 % in favor of, are not the 21 or 22 Republicans who say that they are probably going to oppose this bill, which i feel  is going to fail. he knows it, and  his "fake news" crap is just more deflection, more Trump fake news from a fake president with fake credentials  and who was probably elected in an illegitimate and/ or fake election.

Another one of Trump's  "fake news" stories has come back yo bite the WH. Overnight WH --via Spicer and Gen. McMaster--HAD TO APOLOGIZE TO BRITS FOR LYING ABOUT WIRETAPPING OF TRUMP TOWER.  Originally WH said it learned of wiretapping from a  British news source.  Brits called foul!! And where did Donnie get his news about this story??  FOX OF COURSE!!  And yet, posters here can't understand why FOX ISN'T A REPUTABLE NEWS SOURCE IR WHY THEIR PRESIDENT IS CLEARLY NOT CREDIBLE OR QUALIFIED.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

I don't want to seem stupid but what is the difference between medicare and medicaid?

Google search doesn't define the difference.

So asking:

• Who qualifies for each?
  • What defines quality of care?

Thank you in advance!

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

Per the WAPO a week ago, the Republicans have already tasked Mulvaney, the OMB director to lead this charge - another reason to watch for the Distractions     What was Donald doing - cheering on a jobs report by a group that he had previously said was lying about Stats when President Obama was running the country.    https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/nominee-to-head-budget-office-defends-divergence-of-...

Sideways, the Jobs Report - is only one side of the equation: 

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

CONTACT YOUR SENATORS TO SAVE MEDICARE / MEDICAID

Message 6 of 6

Remember: Nobody voted to cut Medicare or Medicaid. But Trumpcare has $880 million in cuts to Medicaid alone, and raids $117 billion from Medicare--cutting nearly $1 trillion from both programs that will be used for a massive tax break for the wealthy!
Earlier this week, we highlighted five Republican Senators who had expressed reservations about voting for Trumpcare. That list keeps growing. 13 Republican Senators are now on record with deep reservations about gutting the Affordable Care Act and enacting Trumpcare in its place.
Keep the pressure on! Sign the petition to these 13 Republican Senators and tell them to reject Trumpcare which would force 24 million people off of their healthcare in order to give a massive tax break to the wealthy.
Donald Trump ran for President on a promise that he would protect Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid from cuts, and that his healthcare plan would “take care of everybody.” Trumpcare does the opposite.
On Monday, the Congressional Budget Office (whose director was hand-picked by Speaker Paul Ryan), released its analysis showing that Trumpcare would cause 24 million people to lose health insurance in the next decade. And Republicans are starting to feel the heat!
Senator Bill Cassidy (LA) called the score “awful” and said, “That's not what President Trump promised.”
Senator Tom Cotton (AK) said Trumpcare “would have adverse consequences for millions of Americans.”
And Senator Susan Collins (ME) called Trumpcare “dead on arrival” in the Senate.
We need three firm NO votes in the Senate to stop Trumpcare and stop Republicans from devastating the future of Medicare and Medicaid.
Stand with Social Security Works today and tell these 13 Republicans to reject Trumpcare.
The 13 Senators include:
Senators Shelley Moore Capito (WV), Bill Cassidy (LA), Susan Collins (ME), Tom Cotton (AR), Ted Cruz (TX), Cory Gardner (CO), Dean Heller (NV), Mike Lee (UT), John McCain (**bleep**), Lisa Murkowski (AK), Rand Paul (KY), Rob Portman (OH), and David Purdue (GA).
Together, we must stop Trumpcare, which will cut nearly $1 trillion from Medicare and Medicaid!
Thank you for standing with us,
Michael Phelan
Social Security Works

Who We Are
Social Security Works leads the fight every day to expand and protect our Social Security system.

Kudos
Views
Replies