Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: CONFLICT OF INTERESTS

Message 1 of 9

@rker321 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

As I said, Rich, the uniqueness of these circumstances is going to keep an army of lawyers gainfully employed for quite a while.

That is what shouldn't have never happened. all of this should have been resolved and taken care of way before any of this.
Now, we have an individual that has more conflict of interest than probably you or I have bank accounts. And you will have to admit that for the future at least, this is an important issue to resolve.
no excuses I don't even know if this should go to the Supreme court, perhaps it should.

Yes it should have. But it is such a "target rich" an environment for those wanting to stop President Trump - by any means necessary, that I suspect it will never be allowed to end.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9

Afisher- BAM--or to be clear, I concur!!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9

Republican response:  Paternalistic dismissiveness / distraction.    Part of the Republican DNA - money =wealth and GOP always put the rich above everyone else.   

The Kushner family has stepped into the game.   They went to China , essentially selling Visa's to Chinese for an "investment" of $500K for hotel business venture in New Jersey.    The Chinese are not stupid, they didn't miss the link to Donald.    Will the Republicans dismiss that out of hand, as they have in comments on this threads?   https://www.axios.com/jared-kushner-family-business-china-event-real-estate-2395677115.html

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9

@rk9152 wrote:

As I said, Rich, the uniqueness of these circumstances is going to keep an army of lawyers gainfully employed for quite a while.

That is what shouldn't have never happened. all of this should have been resolved and taken care of way before any of this.
Now, we have an individual that has more conflict of interest than probably you or I have bank accounts. And you will have to admit that for the future at least, this is an important issue to resolve.
no excuses I don't even know if this should go to the Supreme court, perhaps it should.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

@rk9152 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

I don't believe that we have had ever a President that has so many conflict of interests as Trump has.
He has never divested himself of his businesses. I read today that the guy that is building Trump Tower in the Phillipines is the owner of that hotel, and pays over 1 million dollars a year to use the name of Trump. 
Trump is receiving payment for many of his businesses at the same time that he is President of the United States.
So, have the attorneys in this country have turned to be so crooked that they are willing to cover and not do anything regarding any of the Trump businesses and how it can and will impact foreign policy?

It is true that the last businessman we had as President was Harry the Haberdasher and that hardly compares to the business activities of citizen Trump before becoming President Trump. I believe it is going to keep scads of lawyers busy sorting these uncharted waters out.

Here is a list of all of Trump's conflicts of interest.  Somebody had to take advantage of these profit making opportunities for the President sooner or later. It is just that nobody thought it would all happen with ONE president and be so blatant. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2017/04/donald-trump-conflicts-of-interests/508382/

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

@rker321 wrote:

I don't believe that we have had ever a President that has so many conflict of interests as Trump has.
He has never divested himself of his businesses. I read today that the guy that is building Trump Tower in the Phillipines is the owner of that hotel, and pays over 1 million dollars a year to use the name of Trump. 
Trump is receiving payment for many of his businesses at the same time that he is President of the United States.
So, have the attorneys in this country have turned to be so crooked that they are willing to cover and not do anything regarding any of the Trump businesses and how it can and will impact foreign policy?

It is true that the last businessman we had as President was Harry the Haberdasher and that hardly compares to the business activities of citizen Trump before becoming President Trump. I believe it is going to keep scads of lawyers busy sorting these uncharted waters out.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9

rker-- Article 1, Section 9, Clause 8 of the United States Constitution, which prohibits office holders from accepting gifts (the full definition of emolument includes a salary, fee or profit from employment or office) from foreign sovereigns.  The founders intent was to prevent foreign influence buying.  However, this is an untested with regard to corporate business. 

(Huffington Post)

With Republicans in charge of both houses, this will probably be one of the few things that trump doesn't have to worry about.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

CONFLICT OF INTERESTS

Message 9 of 9

Kudos
Views
Replies