Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: COHEN APPEARANCE IN CONGRESS

Message 1 of 23

I assume most have already moved past this, but I would like to post this link that I found quite a relevant time to bring up the issue.  It was brought up in this testimony so.....my hope is that they will tell the Senate leader Mitch McConnell this when they know the President will just veto bills....so basically there is no sense in bringing forth bills because it is all a waste of time, no?  Wasting time like shutting down the government over the holiday seasons.....Hmm!

https://thinkprogress.org/after-years-of-hearings-on-benghazi-diamond-and-silk-house-gop-says-cohen-...

Article by Frank Dale and Josh Israel titled "Republicans who held 33 hearings on Benghazi complain that Cohen's testimony was a waste of time."  Feb. 28,2019

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 23

@john258  So, we wait....wait and wait.  Will they have to do the sealed indictment until he finishes his term????

@john258 wrote:

Well if you watched TV this evening you saw more fallout from what Cohen told us yesterday. One expert who has followed Trumps business dealings for years told us there were about 14 violations of law if proven. One Cohen outlined was bank fraud. An estate Trump owns in NY was purchased for about 7.5 million. It is now valued by Trumps records for tax at 25 to 50 million. When used for a bank loan from D bank it was shown as 250 million. D Bank now providing its records and if they match what Cohen has Bank Fraud case is real. Trumps Campaign Manager, and Cohen both have been convicted of bank fraud charges for similar type dealings, and are now going to jail. This can be a State Crime also and NY would be able to charge Trump if the Feds will not. Time will tell. Trump ran his business as a mob so they should find the same crimes they have found with all Mobs. The Russia mess could be small compared to these new crimes being looked at.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 23

@oceanedge2 Thanks for posting.  Quite the diagram...circle!!!

@oceanedge2 wrote:

This interactive map (with a use guide) is quite incredible.  Published yesterday morning prior to Cohen's testimony and now even more names will be included.  Imagine each individual caught up in dt's criminal enterprises being in the center of their own map.  Consider how many lives and careers ruined.  I believe Cohen was entirely sincere in stating why he wanted to testify.  To save the country.  We can be proud of all who are working to unravel this massive hot mess of criminality.  The same for those reporting on each and every discovery.  The work continues. 

Donald J. Trump is going to prison for a long time.

Here's a map of Michael Cohen's connections in Trump's world

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/27/here-is-a-visual-map-of-michael-cohen-connections-in-trump-world.htm...

.....But Cohen's testimony before lawmakers is just part of the overall Trump puzzle. For many Americans, the breadth and depth of various investigations into the president's dealings have made the overall story difficult to unravel.

To help untangle and explain what is known so far, CNBC created the visual guide below, focusing mainly on Cohen, to link together various episodes and people in the wider intrigue surrounding the Trump White House.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 23

The Republicans in Congress can't afford to be seen in public not being with Trump. so they have to simply scream ad the man and try to attack his integrity and never bother to ask questions. Oh yes,  about a book that he hasn't published yet. I can tell, they are petrified to see themselves in any manner of form in that book.

But in my view the biggest incentive for Cohen to tell the truth is not his love of country is the fact that his behind is in trouble and he is simply defending his behind. Therefore just like we take as truth the confessions of a dying man, we should believe Cohen on that same premise.

He can't afford to lie. SorryRepublicans. but if you can't admit that in public, I do understand.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 23

This interactive map (with a use guide) is quite incredible.  Published yesterday morning prior to Cohen's testimony and now even more names will be included.  Imagine each individual caught up in dt's criminal enterprises being in the center of their own map.  Consider how many lives and careers ruined.  I believe Cohen was entirely sincere in stating why he wanted to testify.  To save the country.  We can be proud of all who are working to unravel this massive hot mess of criminality.  The same for those reporting on each and every discovery.  The work continues. 

Donald J. Trump is going to prison for a long time.

Here's a map of Michael Cohen's connections in Trump's world

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/27/here-is-a-visual-map-of-michael-cohen-connections-in-trump-world.htm...

.....But Cohen's testimony before lawmakers is just part of the overall Trump puzzle. For many Americans, the breadth and depth of various investigations into the president's dealings have made the overall story difficult to unravel.

To help untangle and explain what is known so far, CNBC created the visual guide below, focusing mainly on Cohen, to link together various episodes and people in the wider intrigue surrounding the Trump White House.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 23

Well if you watched TV this evening you saw more fallout from what Cohen told us yesterday. One expert who has followed Trumps business dealings for years told us there were about 14 violations of law if proven. One Cohen outlined was bank fraud. An estate Trump owns in NY was purchased for about 7.5 million. It is now valued by Trumps records for tax at 25 to 50 million. When used for a bank loan from D bank it was shown as 250 million. D Bank now providing its records and if they match what Cohen has Bank Fraud case is real. Trumps Campaign Manager, and Cohen both have been convicted of bank fraud charges for similar type dealings, and are now going to jail. This can be a State Crime also and NY would be able to charge Trump if the Feds will not. Time will tell. Trump ran his business as a mob so they should find the same crimes they have found with all Mobs. The Russia mess could be small compared to these new crimes being looked at.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 23

@john258 wrote:

Yes. we all saw the Reb. branding Cohen a liar, but all new that as he is going to jail for that. But what all seemed to have missed is the document the Reb. were using to prove their point. It was the Southern Dist. charging document on Cohen. There was one big item they left out in their reading. That is the para. in that document that says Person 1 (Trump) is an unindited co conspierter in  the Cohen case. The Souther Dist. tells all they are sending Cohen to jail for not telling the truth, and that Trump did the same thing in this crime but they are not bringing Trump to trial at ths time to face the same charges. THAT MEANS TRUMP AND COHEN DID THE SAME CRIME. Once again you see the far right leaders only tell part of the story, and their followers think it is the full story.

A sitting president cannot be indicted (jury still out on that one), but those sealed indictments can be a bee-ach.

Stay tuned.  News in 2021.

Tags (3)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 23

Yes. we all saw the Reb. branding Cohen a liar, but all new that as he is going to jail for that. But what all seemed to have missed is the document the Reb. were using to prove their point. It was the Southern Dist. charging document on Cohen. There was one big item they left out in their reading. That is the para. in that document that says Person 1 (Trump) is an unindited co conspierter in  the Cohen case. The Souther Dist. tells all they are sending Cohen to jail for not telling the truth, and that Trump did the same thing in this crime but they are not bringing Trump to trial at ths time to face the same charges. THAT MEANS TRUMP AND COHEN DID THE SAME CRIME. Once again you see the far right leaders only tell part of the story, and their followers think it is the full story.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 23

@Richva wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
COHEN APPEARANCE IN CONGRESS

Was a Democratic show which was another step in their attempt to impeach Trump and it failed.

It was a dog and pony show... a elaborate public relations or sales presentation ....an elaborate or overblown even.

Could be. I loved the part when the GOP said Cohen had lied when he previously defended Trump. 

Yep, there it is.

I did not watch the whole thing, but what I did see was Republican members of Congress branding Cohen as a liar not to be trusted, but it seemed to me they were also underscoring the fact that if Cohen were such a liar, then he most probably lied for his client too.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 23

I went back and read all the responses. in this thread very interesting. I also heard Christi speak on CNN and he mentioned something that I had missed, he said that the only thing that he noticed about all the Republicans in general that they were more interested in discrediting Cohen, BUT  not one of them actually defended Trump.

Like I stated they all took the opportunity to show their constituents that they still were Trump supporters so they feel confident and vote for them again.

Like Kid says, it may have been a dog and pony snow and there were actually nothing new in what we already knew with some small exceptions. B ut,

This time we saw the checks signed by Trump and Trump Jr.   and a lot of actual evidence that even the Republicans couldn't or didn't dare talk or discredit  at all.

We still have a lot to learn. and Cohen is still providing evidence to the New York courts.

It was so silly to try to discredit Cohen, he is already discredited. so,, what's new?

I doubt that he changed Trump's followers minds, they need Trump to feed their own philosophy and views of the society that they want to impose in the rest of u.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors