Protect your digital identity with AARP’s fraud resource center. Try it today!

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
229
Views

Re: COAL RESERVES- AM I READING THIS RIGHT?

229 Views
Message 31 of 51

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote"Yep! just the same old rhetoric  that  Al Gore spouted when he predicted all the glaciers would be melted by 2014. "

 

Off topic, but:

  1. All Gore said that they COULD be (not WILL be) when he gave his Nobel acceptance speech.
  2. Look at the following tables and tell me how this says the glaciers are doing anything but disappearing  (and this is old data, but shows what has happened):

Long term change in glacial volume from 2009.

 

 

Maybe we should be building more wind and solar so that we can lessen our dependence on coal and oil.  That would also remove our dependence on foreign oil and would be still be around in the long term.  Instead, you want to doom us to a future of cleaning up the mess caused by additional coal.  The fossil fuel industry has an unfair advantage because the total cost of using their products is not paid by them, but will be paid by us in the future.  Do you really think that BP paid for all of the costs associated with Gulf oil spill?


Since you say I said that, why don't you give the link where I stated it?  BTW, Al Gore is another blowhard who is making more polution per person than 99.9% of the population with his giant home and personal use of private airplanes to scam gullible liberals.


Yes, I typed your name instead of easyed598, sorry about that.  That doesn't mean that my points are not valid.

 

Do you agree with easyed598s "facts"?

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
229
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
226
Views

Re: COAL RESERVES- AM I READING THIS RIGHT?

226 Views
Message 32 of 51

@sp362 wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote"Yep! just the same old rhetoric  that  Al Gore spouted when he predicted all the glaciers would be melted by 2014. "

 

Off topic, but:

  1. All Gore said that they COULD be (not WILL be) when he gave his Nobel acceptance speech.
  2. Look at the following tables and tell me how this says the glaciers are doing anything but disappearing  (and this is old data, but shows what has happened):

Long term change in glacial volume from 2009.

 

 

Maybe we should be building more wind and solar so that we can lessen our dependence on coal and oil.  That would also remove our dependence on foreign oil and would be still be around in the long term.  Instead, you want to doom us to a future of cleaning up the mess caused by additional coal.  The fossil fuel industry has an unfair advantage because the total cost of using their products is not paid by them, but will be paid by us in the future.  Do you really think that BP paid for all of the costs associated with Gulf oil spill?


Since you say I said that, why don't you give the link where I stated it?  BTW, Al Gore is another blowhard who is making more polution per person than 99.9% of the population with his giant home and personal use of private airplanes to scam gullible liberals.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
226
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
233
Views

Re: COAL RESERVES- AM I READING THIS RIGHT?

233 Views
Message 33 of 51

I often hear or see, 'You Can't Make This Stuff Up' as a tag end to a news release or posting.  Well....the data about this subject is there for all to see.... and so are the outrageous and egregious lies and disingenous deflection from the real topic that immediately and always follow a posting of this sort..   'You can't make those up' either, they came from somewhere and didn't originate with the poster.  I see no need to elaborate.....EVERYONE, including the poster, knows that is an accurate observation.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
233
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
232
Views

Re: COAL RESERVES- AM I READING THIS RIGHT?

232 Views
Message 34 of 51

Nctarheel--Disenfranchisement factors in there too! I think you have to give some  of these unemployed coal miners that. 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
232
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
236
Views

Re: COAL RESERVES- AM I READING THIS RIGHT?

236 Views
Message 35 of 51

@easyed598 wrote:

NCTARHEEL posted--But yes, it does one thing..... it adds pollution to our atmosphere as coal is the dirtiest fossil fuel used by man.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Not true in this country-I toured the coal power plant in Brilliant ,Ohio and it is the one of the cleanest sources of energy we have.

Based on a "tour"?

Naw .... I'd rely on scientific facts that state otherwise instead of self proclamation based on a "tour".

 

 


 

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
236
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
4
Kudos
247
Views

Re: COAL RESERVES- AM I READING THIS RIGHT?

247 Views
Message 36 of 51

@easyed598 wrote:

NCTARHEEL posted--But yes, it does one thing..... it adds pollution to our atmosphere as coal is the dirtiest fossil fuel used by man.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Not true in this country-I toured the coal power plant in Brilliant ,Ohio and it is the one of the cleanest sources of energy we have. Yes,even cleaner than the oil wells we have in the state.

 


Your one of the "cleanest sources of energy we have" is the 61st worst polluting plant in the US.  From an older study, but still relevant:

 

Annually, the 12 biggest CO2 polluting power plants in the United States are:

  • The Scherer plant in Juliet, GA -- 25.3 million tons
  • The Miller plant in Quinton, AL -- 20.6 million tons
  • The Bowen plant in Cartersville, GA -- 20.5 million tons
  • The Gibson plant in Owensville, IN -- 20.4 million tons
  • The W.A. Parish plant in Thompsons, TX -- 20 million tons
  • The Navajo plant in Page, **bleep** -- 19.9 million tons
  • The Martin Lake plant in Tatum, TX -- 19.8 million tons
  • The Cumberland plant in Cumberland City, TN -- 19.6 million tons
  • The Gavin plant in Cheshire, OH -- 18.7 million tons
  • The Sherburne County plant in Becker, MN -- 17.9 million tons
  • The Bruce Mansfield plant in Shippingport, PA -- 17.4 million tons
  • The Rockport plant in Rockport, IN -- 16.6 million tons

     

All are coal-fired power plants.

 

According to CARMA data, the Ohio River Valley, the southeastern U.S. and Texas are the dirtiest regions in terms of CO2 emissions. The least dirty CO2 region is the West Coast, where much of the electric power is generated by nuclear and hydroelectric plants.

 

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2007-11/cfgd-crc111207.php

Report Inappropriate Content
4
Kudos
247
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
4
Kudos
239
Views

Re: COAL RESERVES- AM I READING THIS RIGHT?

239 Views
Message 37 of 51

@easyed598 wrote:
Yep! just the same old rhetoric  that  Al Gore spouted when he predicted all the glaciers would be melted by 2014. 

Rhetoric!

 

I guess the FACT that Glacier National Park once had 150 glaciers as recently as 1910 and now has less than 30 is rhetoric.

 

I guess the FACT that those remaining glaciers have shrunk in size by two thirds in recent years is rhetoric.

 

I guess the FACT that the snows of Kilimanjaro have decreased by 80% is rhetoric.

 

I guess the FACT that laser measurements of Greenland's ice sheet shows it to be shrinking at an ever quickening pace is rhetoric.

 

I guess the FACT that some Himalayan glaciers are retreating so fast that they will be gone by 2035 is rhetoric.

 

THIS DUFUS TRUMP ADMINISTRATION makes up "alternative facts", better known as lies,  as they go, and sadly, there are people that believe them.

 

When they are confronted by REAL FACTS; they say it is rhetoric.

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
4
Kudos
239
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
4
Kudos
240
Views

Re: COAL RESERVES- AM I READING THIS RIGHT?

240 Views
Message 38 of 51

First off, there are a total of 1,559 people employed in the coal industry in Ohio. At the same time, there are more than 10,000 people in Ohio employed in renewable energy jobs.

 

Despite Der Trumper's pathalogical need to hear the roar of his dupes when he fulfils another campaign promise, he cannot create jobs for coal when Natural Gas is STILL much cheaper.

 

He is trying to end the cost advantage of NG by allowing more and more citizins to die from coal pollution without the coal companies being held accountable, but even that will not work.

 

That "pristine wilderness" in Ohio that had been a coal mine is only that way because of laws and regulations like the ones President Obama expanded and enforced and Der Trumper is cancelling and ignoring.

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
4
Kudos
240
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
4
Kudos
231
Views

Re: COAL RESERVES- AM I READING THIS RIGHT?

231 Views
Message 39 of 51

NOTHAPPENING wrote"Yep! just the same old rhetoric  that  Al Gore spouted when he predicted all the glaciers would be melted by 2014. "

 

Off topic, but:

  1. All Gore said that they COULD be (not WILL be) when he gave his Nobel acceptance speech.
  2. Look at the following tables and tell me how this says the glaciers are doing anything but disappearing  (and this is old data, but shows what has happened):

Long term change in glacial volume from 2009.

 

 

Maybe we should be building more wind and solar so that we can lessen our dependence on coal and oil.  That would also remove our dependence on foreign oil and would be still be around in the long term.  Instead, you want to doom us to a future of cleaning up the mess caused by additional coal.  The fossil fuel industry has an unfair advantage because the total cost of using their products is not paid by them, but will be paid by us in the future.  Do you really think that BP paid for all of the costs associated with Gulf oil spill?

Report Inappropriate Content
4
Kudos
231
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
225
Views

Re: COAL RESERVES- AM I READING THIS RIGHT?

225 Views
Message 40 of 51

NCTARHEEL posted--But yes, it does one thing..... it adds pollution to our atmosphere as coal is the dirtiest fossil fuel used by man.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Not true in this country-I toured the coal power plant in Brilliant ,Ohio and it is the one of the cleanest sources of energy we have. Yes,even cleaner than the oil wells we have in the state.

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
225
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22

Top Authors