COAL RESERVES- AM I READING THIS RIGHT?

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: COAL RESERVES- AM I READING THIS RIGHT?

Message 11 of 51

@easyed598 wrote:

Just like a lib -posted a link  to prove a point  that is 10 years old about coal fire  power plants  disregarding all the improvements that have been made. Ten years old?  FAKE NEWS!!!  If you want to use this  outdated info as recent ,can we then blame Obama for allowing this to happen seeing Trump has been President for only 2 months?  Nope....most would blame GOP policies.  Please keep up.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 51

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

AEP will develop at least 900 megawatts of wind and solar energy projects in Ohio over the next five years – enough to power about 900,000 homes. 

That formula ONLY works when the wind blows and the sun shines.  When it is cloudy, not so much.  When it rains, not so much.  At night, not at all!  That's why nuclear and fossil fuels won't die.

The whole point is to lessen our use of fossil fuels (especially coal) to as little as possible.  This means using solar during the day (when most electricity is used), wind when it is windy (last I looked the wind did blow at night), hydroelectric where available and fossil fuels as a last resort.  If we start doing that, coal will die a natural death since natural gas would fill the need.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 51

@easyed598 wrote:

Albion posted--This is the oldest and most predictable tactic conservatives have - when you can't refute what a person is saying, attack the person.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Then what do you say when one  of the lib poster here(C****y) posted that if something questionable is posted here then it is up Republicans to prove that  it is untrue? This was just yesterday. This gave the impression that whatever the left post here it must be true.

Because their posts are based on facts .... something the Right avoids as facts tend to negate what the Right wants to believe.

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 51

@easyed598 wrote:

Just like a lib -posted a link  to prove a point  that is 10 years old about coal fire  power plants  disregarding all the improvements that have been made. If you want to use this  outdated info as recent ,can we then blame Obama for allowing this to happen seeing Trump has been President for only 2 months?

And the emissions Improvements to those plants were the result of the Obama administration's actions  ..... actions which Trump has now removed!

(The Kudo I applied was not intended.)

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 51

@pc6063 wrote:

Myexper- I once went on a tour of sea world, where we were told that the bent over dorsal fin of the adult male whale was natural. of course, when BLACKFISH came out, we all found out that it is not natural.   In the wild, a bent over doral fin is a sign of depression.

I think it's obvious that anytime anyone takes a tour, the entity providing the tour puts the best face on whatever it is he, she, or it is selling.

I agree. The tour guide for that coal fired plant probably put on a gas mask after the tour was over.

He knows what's in the air around that plant!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 51

Banking reserves?

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 51

@pc6063 wrote:

Alotofgray-- during the campaign Trump threw out a whole bunch of nonsensical Rhetoric, and then when he saw the crowd react positively to it, he just kept repeating it. didn't matter whether it made sense , was anywhere near the truth, or if it could even realistically be done. and so, using the ignorance of those who supported him, he lied and wormed his way into office, and once in the office,  has set about keeping his campaign "promises,"  no matter whom or what they harm.

If that were so...where is Glass-Steagall?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 51

@sp362 wrote:

AEP will develop at least 900 megawatts of wind and solar energy projects in Ohio over the next five years – enough to power about 900,000 homes. 

That formula ONLY works when the wind blows and the sun shines.  When it is cloudy, not so much.  When it rains, not so much.  At night, not at all!  That's why nuclear and fossil fuels won't die.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 51

TL: DR for anyone who believes that the coal industry will magically be revived in the future.   https://morningconsult.com/2016/05/03/coal-plants-shutting-without-clean-power-plan/

The next excuse will be China. but they are already signed contracts with Australia...is Donald going to start a trade war to compete with Aussies - please ignore the cost of transport -because that math would just make Donald supporters look beyond silly.

I can still remember Rand Paul - if all the mountains peaks in KY are loped off for Coal  - then the views will be easier to access.    That is the ignorance of Republicans.

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 51

Alotofgray-- during the campaign Trump threw out a whole bunch of nonsensical Rhetoric, and then when he saw the crowd react positively to it, he just kept repeating it. didn't matter whether it made sense , was anywhere near the truth, or if it could even realistically be done. and so, using the ignorance of those who supported him, he lied and wormed his way into office, and once in the office,  has set about keeping his campaign "promises,"  no matter whom or what they harm.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors