Honored Social Butterfly

CNN sees ratings swoon in April

CNN's prime-time ratings dropped a whopping 26 percent in April compared to last year, according to Nielsen Media Research.

MSNBC's ratings were down 14 percent in April 2019 compared to April 2018, while Fox News's ratings overall were flat.

The sharp decrease for CNN marked its lowest-rated month in total viewers since October 2015.

In the 25- to 54-year-old demographic that advertisers covet most, it was the network's least-watched month since Aug. 2015. 

In prime time, Fox News finished first with an average of 2.4 million viewers. In April 2018, the network also averaged 2.4 million viewers, according to Nielsen.

MSNBC was second with an average of 1.66 million viewers, down from 1.93 million in April 2018.

CNN was third with 767,000 average primetime viewers, down from 1.04 million in April 2018.

In the 25–54 demographic, all three networks saw a decline.

Fox News delivered 389,000 viewers, followed by MSNBC's 255,000 and CNN's 198,000 viewers in the category. 

This compared to 483,000 for Fox, 398,000 for MSNBC and 336,000 for CNN in April 2018.

The top five shows in cable news were Fox's "Hannity" with an average of 3.086 million viewers, followed by "Tucker Carlson Tonight" with an average of 2.834 million. MSNBC's "Rachel Maddow Show" was third with 2.630 million viewers, followed by Fox's "The Ingraham Angle with 2.455 million viewers and "The Five" with 2.4 million in rounding out the Top-5. 

CNN's highest-rated show was "Chris Cuomo Primetime," which averaged 917,000 viewers in finishing 26th overall in total viewers among the cable news networks. 

VIMTSTL
Honored Social Butterfly

All this proves is that those on the FAR RIGHT, those that believe in NAZI PHILOSOPHY, those that are WHITE NATIONALIST, those that are XENOPHOBIC NUT JOBS, those that are ANTI-SEMITIC, and those that are RACIST stay home and watch TV a lot and FAUX NEWS is their network of choice.

As you will notice, their viewership did not change at all, thus proving they have that BASE described above and that base is their sole viewership.

Who else stays home as much as he can and watches FAUX NEWS?

Could it be the COMMANDER IN CHEAT?

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
Honored Social Butterfly

@nctarheel wrote:

All this proves is that those on the FAR RIGHT, those that believe in NAZI PHILOSOPHY, those that are WHITE NATIONALIST, those that are XENOPHOBIC NUT JOBS, those that are ANTI-SEMITIC, and those that are RACIST stay home and watch TV a lot and FAUX NEWS is their network of choice.

As you will notice, their viewership did not change at all, thus proving they have that BASE described above and that base is their sole viewership.

Who else stays home as much as he can and watches FAUX NEWS?

Could it be the COMMANDER IN CHEAT?

I am not familiar nor do I believe anyone else familiar with a news station called “Faux”  Could it be a remote, upstart station located in the backward hills of North Carolina?

If indeed, it is anti-semitic, it will have loyal listeners with Ilhan Ohmar and her Democratic backers.

Honored Social Butterfly

Could it be that there are other News Stations to watch that are not CNN or Fox?

no name
Honored Social Butterfly

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Could it be that there are other News Stations to watch that are not CNN or Fox?

Not for the groups I have named above. FAUX NEWS caters to them and them only.

If you are not a member of one of those groups; there's a multitude of news outlets to watch.

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
Honored Social Butterfly

CNN and MSNBC caters to the radical left and panders to their base. This is a hate group watching these channels.

Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

CNN and MSNBC caters to the radical left and panders to their base. This is a hate group watching these channels.

Can you see where your generalizations get you?  Nowhere,

I don't watch either channel. for my news. and so many others. there are other networks that do have local news

Jus because the Trump followers only watch Fox you seem to think that everyone is the same  LOL

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

I don't watch either channel. for my news. and so many others. there are other networks that do have local news

Jus because the Trump followers only watch Fox you seem to think that everyone is the same  LOL

Could be why so many here are so far off base on “national” news. I often wondered how they could be so misguided when it comes to important issues that are on a “national“ level. 

Watching the “local“ news will keep one up to date on community parades, movie showings, local school sports, cooking tips, recipes, etc.. Fox viewers on the other hand are getting what’s happening on the national and international level.  They can then determine what is real and what is fake. They are also intelligent enough to know that just because a news item doesn’t  fit into their comfort zone, it is not automatically fake news.

Gold Conversationalist

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Are you referring to 'generalizations' like you just did in assuming the "Trump followers only watch FOX"?  I mean think about what you said.

No, "YOU seem to think that everyone is the same" and as usual assume that everyone watches FOX.  One thing that many intelligent Conservatives do is research...no matter who they watch (FOX being the most reliable and #1 for a reason).  Anyone who just trusts what they see on TV (or social media) without looking into it further would probably be a Alt Left Liberal.  And Fact Checkers don't help either ~ who's checking the fact checkers.

"The media has one job to do, and they fail at it every day."

Honored Social Butterfly

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

I seem to recall you being a "Rachel Madow" fan...  Am I mistaken?

VIMTSTL
Honored Social Butterfly

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

I don't know what "Trump followers" watch and neither do YOU!

Honored Social Butterfly

And the dimms heads continue to explode as a result to losing the 2016 election...  Have they learned nothing?

The American voters have learned that CNN and MSNBC are nothing more that an extension of the DNC, they are NOT real news organizations!  

Americans are not buying stupid today and the DNC owned media no longer control the false narrative they have pushed since Trump won the election fair and square.  

You folks need to get a hold of yourselves and move on...

No time for political theater...

VIMTSTL
Honored Social Butterfly

No time for political theater... @Jim, I keep hoping there are enough good cells to make this happen.

Esteemed Social Butterfly

So the Mueller report comes out, and viewership dropped. Maybe people learned what they wanted to know, then moved on. Poll after poll shows most Americans feel the Mueller report DOES NOT exonerate Trump. So, there's that.

Viewership wasn't the only thing that dropped after the Mueller report release - Trump's approval rating dropped 5 points after the Mueller report release, too. That says a lot.

The only thing Fox's numbers show is that the alt-right needs to be spoon-fed their daily hate-filled instructions and talking points.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (13 pages of lies and growing)
Honored Social Butterfly

@BigLib wrote:

Poll after poll shows most Americans feel the Mueller report DOES NOT exonerate Trump.

Supposedly, the investigation was to determine if Trump was involved with Russia to influence the election. If Mueller did not find proof of this, by default, he is exonerated. You are either guilty or NOT guilty. There is no limbo!

Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

Poll after poll shows most Americans feel the Mueller report DOES NOT exonerate Trump.

Supposedly, the investigation was to determine if Trump was involved with Russia to influence the election. If Mueller did not find proof of this, by default, he is exonerated. You are either guilty or NOT guilty. There is no limbo!

Identifying 10 (ten) instances of obstruction of justice by Trump and his minions is hardly any "exoneration" NOTHAPPENING!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

Identifying 10 (ten) instances of obstruction of justice by Trump and his minions is hardly any "exoneration" NOTHAPPENING!

List the 10 (ten) from the unredacted Mueller report (with references) where it says Trump obstructed justice (not may have, or maybe, or I think, etc) MYEXPER!

Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

List the 10 (ten) from the unredacted Mueller report (with references) where it says Trump obstructed justice (not may have, or maybe, or I think, etc) MYEXPER!

If you were up to date on the Mueller report, you would know that the "unredacted" version" was not made available to the public or the whole of Congress ..... And your Republicans want to keep it that way!

You would also know that Mueller "identified instances with evidence" for Congress to act on ..... as I stated in my replies.

The 10 (ten) evidenced instances of obstruction of justice deal with the following:

1. Conduct involving FBI Director Comey and Michael Flynn

2. The President's reaction to the continuing Russia investigation

3. The President's termination of Comey

4. The appointment of a Special Counsel and efforts to remove him

5. Efforts to curtail the Special Counsel's investigation

6. Efforts to prevent public disclosure of evidence

7. Further efforts to have the Attorney General take control of the investigation

8. Efforts to have McGahn deny that the President had ordered him to have the Special Counsel removed

9. Conduct toward Flynn and Manafort (redacted)

10. Conduct involving Michael Cohen

...... Hardley an exoneration NOTHAPPENING!!!

0 Kudos

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

The Mueller report also details how members of the Trump campaign either destroyed evidence, or purposely used apps that would dump communications records. For as much as the alt-right wants to malign Clinton about lost communications, Trump's cabal is subject to the same scrutinization, and the Mueller report supports that fact.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/congress/mueller-report-says-messaging-apps-likely-destroyed-trump-rus...

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (13 pages of lies and growing)
Honored Social Butterfly

@BigLib wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

The Mueller report also details how members of the Trump campaign either destroyed evidence, or purposely used apps that would dump communications records. For as much as the alt-right wants to malign Clinton about lost communications, Trump's cabal is subject to the same scrutinization, and the Mueller report supports that fact.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/congress/mueller-report-says-messaging-apps-likely-destroyed-trump-rus...

GUILTY or NOT GUILTY!  Prosecutors make a binary decision.

Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

Actually, a jury makes that decision NOTHAPPENING!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

Actually, investigators do also. You didn't see it because Trump wasn't found to be guilty of anything MYEXPER!

Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

Actually, investigators do also.

Uhhhh ..... NOT in this country!!! 

Perhaps you're thinking of Trump's favored Mother Russia and Putin's "investigators" ..... who are judge, jury and executioner!

You didn't see it because Trump wasn't found to be guilty of anything MYEXPER!

Absolutely false NOTHAPPENING!

Evidence (for obstruction of justice) was produced for Congress to act upon.

0 Kudos

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

GUILTY or NOT GUILTY!

We see criminals get away with crimes all the time. I'm with the 70% or so of Americans that feel the Mueller report DOES NOT exonerate Trump, Mueller himself stated his report DOES NOT exonerate Trump , I will cast a ballot in 2020 reflecting Mueller's conclusion, and I will encourage others to do likewise.

Honored Social Butterfly

It's nice that people with open-minds have so many choices for there real news.....ABC, CBS, CNN, NBC,NPR....

As has been said so many times, "Barr is so far up trump's rear, he ran into Hannity."

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

It's nice that people with open-minds have so many choices for there real news.....ABC, CBS, CNN, NBC,NPR....

As has been said so many times, "Barr is so far up trump's rear, he ran into Hannity."

Well, that explains why Trump is so full of **bleep**!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@BigLib wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

GUILTY or NOT GUILTY!

We see criminals get away with crimes all the time. I'm with the 70% or so of Americans that feel the Mueller report DOES NOT exonerate Trump, Mueller himself stated his report DOES NOT exonerate Trump , I will cast a ballot in 2020 reflecting Mueller's conclusion, and I will encourage others to do likewise.

As an attorney, I can see why Mueller said this and I would agree. The report does not exonerate Trump nor does it find him guilty of ANYTHING! The implication is if the investigation went on for another 6 years, it "might". Well, most people understand if you are presently NOT GUILTY, that means you are NOT GUILTY! When the left or anyone else gets proof, then bring the PROOF!

Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

As an attorney, Too funny.....

I can see why Mueller said this and I would agree. The report does not exonerate Trump nor does it find him guilty of ANYTHING! The implication is if the investigation went on for another 6 years, it "might". Well, most people understand if you are presently NOT GUILTY, that means you are NOT GUILTY! When the left or anyone else gets proof, then bring the PROOF!

An attorney would clearly understand what "due to DOJ procedures, I can't indicit a sitting President" means.....that there is plenty of evidence for Congress to impeach (though the gutless and morally bankrupt Repubs will fight it to save their political lives) and clearly trump can be indicted after he leaves office.  Thankfully, the SDNY doesn't have the same restrictions.

"Lock HIM UP!  LOCK HIM UP"

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

I can see why Mueller said this and I would agree. The report does not exonerate Trump nor does it find him guilty of ANYTHING! The implication is if the investigation went on for another 6 years, it "might". Well, most people understand if you are presently NOT GUILTY, that means you are NOT GUILTY! When the left or anyone else gets proof, then bring the PROOF!

An attorney would clearly understand what "due to DOJ procedures, I can't indicit a sitting President" means.....that there is plenty of evidence for Congress to impeach (though the gutless and morally bankrupt Repubs will fight it to save their political lives) and clearly trump can be indicted after he leaves office.  Thankfully, the SDNY doesn't have the same restrictions.

Unfortunate for you and the left, Trump will not be impeached since he did nothing to be impeached for so go cry your eyes out!

Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Unfortunate for you and the left, Trump will not be impeached since he did nothing to be impeached for so go cry your eyes out!

Actually, Mueller did identify and provide evidence for 10 (ten) instances of obstruction of justice.

And of course we also have Trump's treasonous actions favoring Russia over his own country and his continued violation of the emoluments clause of our Constitution .... ALL impeachable offenses!

BTW .... hopefully we will get to see the unredacted Mueller Report ..... and all the stuff your Republicans want to hide ...... and also see Trump's tax returns showing that he pays little to no taxes and confirming the suspicion that the Russian oligarchs and Saudis are funding Trump's house of cards empire!

....... An abundance of impeachable offenses awaits exposure!!!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png