Take a look at how people age around the world with this AARP special report: A New Age.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: CNN Lost 35 Percent of Primetime Audience Last Week as Fox News Grew

Message 11 of 18

First off, Hannity is NOT a "News Show" - it's what Fox calls "Entertainment" and what rational folks call fascist propaganda. That said, in a dramatic turnaround, MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow has dethroned Sean Hannity of Fox News as the top-rated show on cable news,FORBES magazine reported.

Although FORBES had said that February ratings had put Hannity on top with Fox’s Tucker Carlson second and Maddow third, March saw a major reversal.

“The Rachel Maddow Show” earned the top place as the highest-rated show in cable news by attracting an average of 3.058 million viewers. “Hannity,” with 3 million viewers, placed second to the show’s 9 p.m. rival.

The reason Hannity and other Fox fake news even shows up is the large number of COMMERCIAL sites - bars, fast food, gyms, motels - where management automatically tunes in FOX and then claims viewership for all the patrons.

Actual Evening News programs dwarf the rants from Fox: ABC (9.2Million viewers), NBC (8.3M) and CBS (6.5M) and their entertainment leaves Fox in the dust as well.

While Hannity has 3M who insist on staying ignorant while being entertained, actual entertainment viewers are 17.7M for Young Sheldon(CBS), 17.7M for The Good Doctor(ABC) and 18.5M for Sunday Night Football(NBC)

As for Entertainment format News,  This Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO) has 4.6Million viewers (150% of the Hannitybots) and Oliver's viewers consistantly score much higher than those who watch Hannity on tests of actual knowledge of current events.

Like everything else from FOX, the hype of Hannity suffers from severe dillusions of adequacy.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 18

I would NOT watch FOX if you paid me. Hannity has such a BIG loud mouth I wish I could put a sock in it. No wonder he gets along w/The Donald. Have you ever noticed they don't talk, they scream on the network at the audience, another reason not to watch. I guess they have to scream in case their audience doesn't hear their **bleep**.

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 18

@Tom5678  Tom, it's the usual smoke and mirror bovine manure from the extremists on the far-right.  For some bizarre reason they feel a need to protect their propaganda machine.

The fact is, the MSM that they constantly whine about blows FoxNews away with viewership....it's not even close.  In fact, even MSNBC has increased their viewership as well.

MSNBC’s surging ratings fuel Democratic optimism

They support a man who lies so much he has no idea what the truth is.....and his family joins in.

ERIC TRUMP TROLLS CNN WITH POOR TV RATINGS REPORT

Fox News Suffers Humiliating Defeat in Ratings Battle

1. These are despicable people (and proud of it I might add) supporting a horrible human being.  Expecting anything but lies, distortion and zero objectivity is a set-up for disappointment.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 18
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 18
But Jim, I thought you guys don't like facts or stats? I am confused now. Besides, Russia and it's bots are still working to undermine America, since your President refuses to do anything about it, so when I see stories that say FOX news is beating everyone else, I will keep on smiling while knowing Russia is still hard at work doing everything they can to prop up Trump.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 18

@Tom5678 these numbers are not my numbers and the stats speak for themselves.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 18
wrong Jim. What we learned from 2016 was that Trump and Russia both interfered in our election in an attempt to undermine the Clinton campaign, and by all accounts were very successful. But Trump had help, in the form of Manafort and Cohen. As each day passes we are getting closer and closer to the truth which will eventually come out if Congressional Republicans allow it. Barring no further Russian interference this November, and we can't rule it out since Trump is doing virtually nothing to stop it, Democrats and Independents will be victorious and no longer will a minority rule the MAJORITY. So you better plan on serious change coming in November, as your guys time is coming. Cheers!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

CNN Lost 35 Percent of Primetime Audience Last Week as Fox News Grew

Message 18 of 18

After years of misleading its audience with fake news, 35 percentof CNN’s primetime audience up and left when compared to this same week last year. These viewers might have gone over to Fox News, where the primetime audience jumped by +9 percent.

In total day, the news is only a little better for the far-left CNN, which lost -20 percent of its audience. Meanwhile, Fox News saw its total day audience jump by +1 percent.

While Fox News is growing, the openly left-wing MSNBC is also shrinking, but nowhere nearly as much as CNN.

Compared to last year, MSNBC only lost -8 percent of its primetime viewers and -3 percent of its total day viewers.

During primetime last week, Fox News was the number two network in all of cable, topped only by TNT, which is hosting the 2018 NBA Western Conference Finals.

Fox grabbed an astonishing average of 2.4 million viewers.

CNN could not even hold a million total primetime viewers and bottomed out with an average of just 937,000.

MSNBC cleared a little over 1.7 million.

In total day viewers, Fox News was number one in all of cable, with an average hold of 1.5 million viewers.

MSNBC came in a distant second with 972,000.

CNN came in fifth with a humiliating 791,000.

Of note is the fact that the only good day CNN had was Saturday, the day of the royal wedding, when the anti-Trump channel topped both Fox and MSNBC in total viewers. So when it comes to covering fluff and pageantry, CNN scores. But when it comes to actual news, people who wish to be informed are fleeing in droves.

May has so far been a catastrophic month for the Stormy Daniels Network, especially for Jake Tapper,  who has lost nearly a third of his own audience.

CNN’s Chris Cillizza did not help things this week when he was (again) caught lying about President Trump, this coming the week after Cillizza tweeted an image of Trump in what looked like the crosshairs of a sniper scope.

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/fox-news-ranks-no-1-in-total-day-for-19-straight-weeks/365375

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Most Americans have a keen sense of fairness and right and wrong.  The dems and the very liberal media learned nothing from the 2016 election.

VIMTSTL
Tags (3)
Kudos
Views
Replies