AARP and the photographers of Magnum Photos look at older people living in new ways around the world in A New Age.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: CNN Lost 35 Percent of Primetime Audience Last Week as Fox News Grew

Message 1 of 18

I dont watch cable news. Too much opinon, too little news.

Me neither. I don't have cable. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 18
I dont watch cable news. Too much opinon, too little news.
So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 18

I know Clapper has become a darling of the Democrats, but let's not forget:

Clapper said it was "unquestionable" that Saddam smuggled his (non-existent) weapons out of Iraq right before the U.S. invasion.
Clapper also appeared before the Senate to discuss surveillance programs in the midst of a controversy over warrantless surveillance of the American public.
He was asked directly, “Does the NSA collect any type of data at all on millions, or hundreds of millions of Americans?”
There was no ambiguity or confusion and Clapper responded, “No, sir. … Not wittingly.”
That was a lie and Clapper knew it when he said it.
But now that he was hired by CNN, he is an American hero to Democrats - he, Bush, McCain -- anyone who attacks Donald Trump has somehow earned admiration among Democrats.

Bill Clinton lied under oath about Monica Lewinsky. Republicans call for impeachment. Democrats want Trump to testify under oath about Stormy Daniels expecting him to perjure himself, then they can call for impeachment. Clapper lies under oath and gets promoted. 

FOX News -- April, 2014...

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 18

@gordyflwrote:

Last night James Clapper on TV said he now believes what Russia did in our election was the reason Donald Trump was elected to office. This is the first high Intel person who has come on the record.

When I see CNN Analyst James Clapper on TV, I usually switch the channel or leave the room.

James Clapper was responsible for a lot of the bogus intelligence which led to the Iraq war.

colin iraq.jpg

Truth on. Truth Off...

Clapper The.jpg

Yes he was and he has told us that. He was not in control of the information given to his area  to make judgements. You go and turn off the TV when it is on with him, and when you wake up in a totally wrecked country by Trump and the far right you will have been part of the problem. Thinking people listen to all phases of a problem and they know what to adjust from everyone. Clapper will be proven correct  on what he said, and if you had followed Trump for years you can understand what he tells us. Trump has always been for himself, a mob boss, and has mental problems. Put all in place and Clapper will be proven  correct by what follows this time.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 18

If those numbers are correct (the news ratings), it seems to coincide with the Democrats shrinking lead in the upcoming 2018 elections.

I still think there will be a Blue Wave, but I'm just starting to have some doubts.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 18

Last night James Clapper on TV said he now believes what Russia did in our election was the reason Donald Trump was elected to office. This is the first high Intel person who has come on the record.

When I see CNN Analyst James Clapper on TV, I usually switch the channel or leave the room.

James Clapper was responsible for a lot of the bogus intelligence which led to the Iraq war.

colin iraq.jpg

Truth on. Truth Off...

Clapper The.jpg

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 18

Part 3

Last night James Clapper on TV said he now believes what Russia did in our election was the reason Donald Trump was elected to office. This is the first high Intel person who has come on the record. Go read his books for all of the details, but do not react to the nonsense that will flow from FOX and the far right on their Web posts. Former Reb. Jolly FL was on TV last night and said we as a country are in really bad shape and Trump was unfit for office. Today The Sen from **bleep** Jeff Flake made a speech at Harvard which he said the country is at the lowest level it has ever been, and Donald Trump is unfit to be President. Go watch his speech on TV and see it from beginning to end. We have had for the first time last night on TV an expert tell us we are going down the same path as Germany did (I have said this for months). Spend time watching the experts on TV (Not Fox) rather than exchanging nonsense back and forth with the far right enablers. We hear Reb. now telling us to elect a Dem Congress to save the country in Nov. I really wounder if we are not close to the point that elections in Nov. could be cancelled by Trump. He is now the mob boss and pay to play we know is everywhere he touches and he is ending the way our Democracy works, and replacing it with he as our Dear Leader or Dictator. WAKE UP PEOPLE. Learn what is going on and do what you can to save the country.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 18

Part 2

M. Cohen dealt with the Ukraine Government after the election. He was selling access to Trump as President. Ukraine paid him $400,000. A month or so later the President of Ukraine had a meeting in the WH with President Trump. He gave President Trump a gift. The Ukraine would stop its investigation into Paul M. It did just that after their President returned home. This is hurting the Muller  probe as they were working with Ukraine and getting good information from them. Keep in mind that money changed hands with others when we sold them some missiles to them also.  Time will tell how badly the Muller probe was hurt, but lets hope they have solid proof of the money change and people go to jail.

Watch TV Friday night. Richard Engel of NBC will break news on the Iran treaty and why Trump cancelled it. Early promo indicates this was not an American operation, but an Israeli Intel. organized effort. The details of how they got to Trump and had him cancel it I hope comes out, along with information on any money or other things that changed hands. Make sure you watch it.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 18

This is probably one of  the silliest thread put forwarded by the Trump enablers to keep people from the real news. For that reason I will use it to put out some news all thinking people should be aware of and discuss if you want to, or watch TV to learn more as your future depends on it.

Russia Investigation:

It has come out this is not the first time Russia has tried to interfere in our Presidential election. In 1960 A. Stevens was asked to visit the Russian Embassy in DC to meet with people there. He did so. They read him a letter from the Soviet Union head. The letter said that the SU felt he would make the best President of the US and offered to help him with money, press good or bad, and anything else he needed. A.S. said no and never ran in 1960. He went to our President and told him of the meeting. This is covered in A.S. book.  B. The SU then contacted John Kennedy and made the same offer. JFK turned it down and did run and won. He reported it also.  C. In 1964 The SU contacted LBJ and made the same offer. He turned it down, and he was the sitting President so it was reported.

If  you look at what took place with the Trump Campaign the Russians did the same things they offered to do before only using current day methods. Money was offered on the others so it looks like it was here and accepted, plus the other items some of which we know about some we do not yet. Time will tell but the Muller Investigation shows that we know little, and they know a lot and are working to save us all.  Lets hope they complete their probe and we see all the facts, and if warranted people go to jail.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 18

More viewers watched American Idol, Young Sheldon, The Big Bang Theory, the Voice, Mom and several other shows than Fox.  That should tell you all you need to know.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors