Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: 'CLIMATE CHANGE' FIGHT HAS COST YOU MORE THAN $166 BILLION

Message 51 of 63

@pc6063 wrote:

jimc--From 1880-2012 the earth has warmed .85 degrees, roughly 1.53 degrees fahrenheit--the tipping point is thought to be 2 degrees Farhenheit.  However, the LAST THREE DECADES, from 1983-2012 were the warmest 30 year period of the last 1,400 years  (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change).

We should ALL sign petitions to China and India and explain why they should follow our lead and do as we have done over the past 30 years.  We are doing our part so its time for them to do theirs right?

The US can not single handedly control the worlds emissions can we?

If the majority of the worlds scientists agree, the China and India should have no problem.  Their scientist do agree don't they?

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 52 of 63

jimc--From 1880-2012 the earth has warmed .85 degrees C, roughly 1.53 degrees fahrenheit--the tipping point is thought to be 2 degrees Farhenheit.  However, the LAST THREE DECADES, from 1983-2012 were the warmest 30 year period of the last 1,400 years  (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change).

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 53 of 63

@jimc91 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

I looked at your link and noticed there was no link to the actual report.  I also went to the Capital Research Center site and could not find a report.  Any link to the actual report would be helpful.

Google search Results:

Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 9.52.52 AM.png

https://capitalresearch.org/app/uploads/CRC_ClimateDollars_Study_finalv2.pdf

jimc91,  A few quick notes about the study:

1. It is not dated, but if people want to say it is from May 2017, that is fine.
  2. It does not list who authored the study.  That is troubling.
  3. I was trying to find exactly what dollars they were classifying as climate change dollars, but even looking at sub-links, the information is not there, only broad generalizations.

If you are interested I could go into more detail, especially where he got a lot of his estimates of $166 billion, when I have the time.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 54 of 63

@pc6063 wrote:

jimc--So, you don't think the planet is worth $166 billion dollars?  How incredibly sad

.  RE: ice age--Yup, we have all heard of it.  Have you heard that the planet is warming up at a record pace?  That the vast majority of scientists have noted this and concur that something other than natural occurances are taking place?

Did you know that the tipping point that triggered the ice age, is very close to the degree change we are seeing now, just in the opposite direction?

I'm sure you searched for evidence that this obvious event is not taking place.  Do yourself a favor, and search for evidence that it is--search for the truth.

How many degrees Celsius has the earth warmed in the past 100 years?

VIMTSTL
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 55 of 63

jimc--So, you don't think the planet is worth $166 billion dollars?  How incredibly sad

.  RE: ice age--Yup, we have all heard of it.  Have you heard that the planet is warming up at a record pace?  That the vast majority of scientists have noted this and concur that something other than natural occurances are taking place?

Did you know that the tipping point that triggered the ice age, is very close to the degree change we are seeing now, just in the opposite direction?

I'm sure you searched for evidence that this obvious event is not taking place.  Do yourself a favor, and search for evidence that it is--search for the truth.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 56 of 63

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Oh dear!!!! Jim are you trying to tell us now that you don't believe in climate change?

The climate has been changing for as long as the planet has been in existance.  Did you ever study about the Ice Age?

VIMTSTL
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 57 of 63

Oh dear!!!! Jim are you trying to tell us now that you don't believe in climate change?

no name
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 58 of 63

@sp362 wrote:

I looked at your link and noticed there was no link to the actual report.  I also went to the Capital Research Center site and could not find a report.  Any link to the actual report would be helpful.

Google search Results:

Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 9.52.52 AM.png

https://capitalresearch.org/app/uploads/CRC_ClimateDollars_Study_finalv2.pdf

VIMTSTL
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 59 of 63

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 60 of 63

A billion, in America, is a thousand million. That would be written like this:

If we wanted to make a book with a billion dollar signs, printed 1000 per page as before and with pages printed on both sides, our book would be 500,000 pages long.  Now that's a very long book!

Imagine $166 BILLION!

VIMTSTL
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Thursday, July 9 – Coronavirus Event

1 p.m. ET - Answering Your Frequently Asked Questions

Call: 1-855-274-9507