Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: 'CLIMATE CHANGE' FIGHT HAS COST YOU MORE THAN $166 BILLION

Message 41 of 63

@pc6063 wrote:

Paris Accord

Isn't compliance with the Paris Accord voluntary with goals set by every nation?  I note this in doing some research: ... there’s also no defined punishment for breaking it and the goals, as said, is up to each country.  What's the deal about staying in it?

But of course whatever, it would cost Uncle Sugar a bundle of money going to other countries.  Never fails.

Has science proved conclusively what causes extreme climate change?  Or is it just like other things, it depends on the current politically correct fad?

The mistake a lot of politicians make is forgetting
they've been appointed but thinking they've been anointed.
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 42 of 63

@jimc91 wrote:

The bad news is we have already spent $166 Billion.

The good new is we have pulled out of the Paris Climate Accord.

End of post

jimc91,  The title of this topic is very misleading.  WorldNetDaily pulled the $166 Billion number from a "study" by the CRC.  However, this "study" was not studying how much we have spent on climate change, it was rebutting the paper written by Sociologist Robert Brulle on where the funding for the "climate change countermovement" was coming from. 

The $166 Billion was one line of the "study" and is not broken down so you can determine how they came up with this figure.  Just looking at one of their claims (that $26.1 Billion of Obama's 209 stimulus bill was funding "climate change programs" is very suspect and downright false.  Here is a link to the amounts funded by the "stimulus", you tell me which of these programs qualifies as only a "climate change program".  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Recovery_and_Reinvestment_Act_of_2009#Energy_infrastructure

They have not backed up their $166 Billion with ANY facts of how they determined that figure.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 43 of 63

@jimc91 wrote:

'CLIMATE CHANGE' FIGHT HAS COST YOU MORE THAN $166 BILLION New report shows bill comparable to entire Apollo moon-mission program

OMG!!!!!

Yet another post where the attribution is well hidden so as not to draw attention from where the article originated.

Once again, its origin is that of fringe web site, WORLDNETDAILY.

Known as a generator of conspiracy theories and described as an ALT-RIGHT racist site; the WORLDNETDAILY was the leader in questioning Obama's citizenship.

The Southern Poverty Law Center and the Anti-Defamation League both describe this "shell of a resource" as an extremist group peddling WHITE NATIONALISM.

Is there not a legitimate web site available?

Why would one want to continue to use extremist sites where most readers would question the validity of almost anything published by those sites?

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 44 of 63

The bad news is we have already spent $166 Billion.

The good new is we have pulled out of the Paris Climate Accord.

End of post

VIMTSTL
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 45 of 63

Pan-- One thing you need to realize is that with the propaganda media spewing lies about the reality of climate change and donnie pulling out of the Paris Accord, trump Rangers are unable to see the truth beforevthem, choosing to follow  lies and fantasy,  rather then what is obvious. 

Great post! Thank you!!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 46 of 63

jimc91:   The climate has been changing for as long as the planet has been in existance.  Did you ever study about the Ice Age?

Sorry, but that argument doesn't hold water either.

"Let’s begin with climate change arguments. There are many that I could choose from here, but let’s start with the argument that the current warming is just a natural cycle because the climate has changed naturally in the past. If you like to use this argument, then I have several questions for you. Do you honestly think that climatologists never thought of this? Do you really think that the people who spend their lives collecting those data on past climates never even bothered to check and see if the current warming was part of a natural trend? I realize that I probably sound flippant here, but I’m actually asking these questions sincerely. Do you truly think that the entire scientific community is so hopelessly incompetent and stupid that they never even bothered to check the natural drivers of climate change? If you do, then I have news for you: they aren’t. Scientists have looked at past climate changes (Lorius et al. 1990; Tripati et al. 2009; Shakun et al. 2012), and they have very carefully looked at the natural drivers of climate change, and they have consistently found that the current warming does not match natural cycles and can only be explained by including our greenhouse gasses in the analyses (Stott et al. 2001; Meehl, et al. 2004; Allen et al. 2006; Wild et al. 2007; Lockwood and Frohlich 2007, 2008; Lean and Rind 2008; Foster and Rahmstorf 2011; Imbers et al. 2014)."

https://thelogicofscience.com/2017/04/03/scientists-arent-stupid-and-science-deniers-are-arrogant/

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 47 of 63

Rker-- What you see in "trump rangers" is the inability to see the macro environmental picture. These people seem to be unable to get past the microcosm of their very small community, unable to comprehend what global warming is doing to this planet.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 48 of 63

@jimc91 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Jim your post reminds me of a story that I heard a long time ago, There was this soldier marching in this parade, and all of a sudden he looked around and said.
"Everyone is marching with a different step"
And that is what you remind me  of.  You are correct, the rest of the work is wrong. Good luck with that one. remember the Earth is not flat is actually round, remember what it took for many to accept that?

What will change if we send our money to be spread among other countries as opposed to spending our money here?  We are doing our part and getting better at it each year.  What is wrong with expecting other countries to do their part?

Thank you for the insult.

Sure we are, we just opened a new coal mine,  and I really have not seen any insults in my post. so I guess you must have misunderstood what I wrote.

no name
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 49 of 63

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Jim your post reminds me of a story that I heard a long time ago, There was this soldier marching in this parade, and all of a sudden he looked around and said.
And that is what you remind me  of.  You are correct, the rest of the work is wrong. Good luck with that one. remember the Earth is not flat is actually round, remember what it took for many to accept that?

What will change if we send our money to be spread among other countries as opposed to spending our money here?  We are doing our part and getting better at it each year.  What is wrong with expecting other countries to do their part?

Thank you for the insult.

VIMTSTL
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 50 of 63

And that is what you remind me  of.  You are correct, the rest of the world is wrong. Good luck with that one. remember the Earth is not flat is actually round, remember what it took for many to accept that?

no name
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Thursday, July 9 – Coronavirus Event

1 p.m. ET - Answering Your Frequently Asked Questions

Call: 1-855-274-9507

Top Authors