Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: 'CLIMATE CHANGE' FIGHT HAS COST YOU MORE THAN $166 BILLION

Message 31 of 63

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

About the same as Vietnam - a "police action" that was doomed to fail - but without a doubt nowhere close to the estimated four plus trillion that the convicted war criminals - Dubya and his utterly corrupt administration have cost us - so far - by attacking Afghanistan and Iraq...

That's not including the over five million lives lost as a result of those needless wars.

This has nothing to do with Vietnam, nor Dubya.  So what does this discussion have to do with either? 

So sorry to see that you completely missed that plain and obvious connection of COST - something that is in the original topic title and is an essential part of the topic.

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 32 of 63

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Science doesn't stand still.

I doubt it is science that isn't standing still, but our understanding of scientific facts.  Scientific theories are constantly changing because scientists don't full understand everything.  They could be compared to that of a child who is uncovering new things along the way of growing up.

And who cares if California has reached an understanding with Germany?  Are we now answerable to Germany? 

The mistake a lot of politicians make is forgetting
they've been appointed but thinking they've been anointed.
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 33 of 63

PC:   I doubt that Jim has bothered to read the report, but liked the headline.   Did he notice that the report that he was complaining about was years old.    More importantly, there is a group of individual who put aside all morals and values, saying that they are quite unimportant when it would cost money to address any possible problems.  

They will obviously ignore the cost of doing nothing, and that cost is real and will affect everyone in the US in the form of costs of storms or water shortage / contamination.     Perhaps those who are complaining about "cost tax payers too much today' are assuming that they won't be around when problems arise because some US politicians sold the lie that Anthropomorpic Global Warming.   

As a reminder, some of the biggest deniers in Congress are the biggest recipients of Oil / Gas donations.   One even admitted that he believed in AGW, until he saw the price tag.  

1.  Hurricane damages: $422 billion in economic losses caused by the increasing intensity of Atlantic and Gulf Coast storms. 

2.   Real estate losses: $360 billion in damaged or destroyed residential real estate as a result of rising sea levels.

3.    Energy costs: $141 billion in increasing energy costs as a result of the rising demand for energy

4.   Water costs: $950 billion to provide water to the driest and most water-stressed parts of the United States as climate change exacerbates drought conditions and disrupts existing patterns of water supply.

Those costs make the whine by Deniers sound miniscule.      

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 34 of 63

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

To disregard everything that has been said by the world scientist is foolish. but, as usual, politics in this country takes precedent as to what is good for the country and what is not.

From what I understand, and as I have posted, the Paris Accord is strictly voluntarily but was to cost the United States some millions of dollars a year, naturally.  But even pulling out of it, many states and industries are going to remain in compliance.

I am aware of smog problems in the Far East especially, since I recall the first time I landed at Tokyo International Airport back in 1956, the air was so thick with smog one could hardly breath.   There was the smell of wood burning smoke in the air.

Now being asthmetic with emphysema, even with our air not being as contaminated, it is hard sometimes to breathe. 

But like many other things with science, theories are constantly changing.  Some interesting references:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_Warm_Periodhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Ice_Age

There are many references to climate changes through the ages, but of course many are debunked by those who want to make a case for present day climate change.
Tx, and they will continue to change. Science doesn't stand still. you know that. That means that the way we used to cure and manage Cancer is today completely different that what we used to do years ago. Climate  change or carbon emmission are very much still with us. There is global warming, we have seen quite a bit of changes in the weather. 
And things regarding our climate will continue to change. The problem lies in the fact that many don't want to accept what part of humanity is guilty for any change, no matter what anyone says,
California just reached an agreement with Germany in which they will deal with climate change with the rules of the treaty. so, I imagine that other States will do the same. or already have done the same by not accepting the rules that Trump wants to institute.  

no name
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 35 of 63

@alferdpacker wrote:

About the same as Vietnam - a "police action" that was doomed to fail - but without a doubt nowhere close to the estimated four plus trillion that the convicted war criminals - Dubya and his utterly corrupt administration have cost us - so far - by attacking Afghanistan and Iraq...

That's not including the over five million lives lost as a result of those needless wars.

This has nothing to do with Vietnam, nor Dubya.  So what does this discussion have to do with either? 

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

'CLIMATE CHANGE' FIGHT HAS COST YOU MORE THAN $166 BILLION

Message 36 of 63

"Just looking at one of their claims (that $26.1 Billion of Obama's 2009 stimulus bill was funding climate change programs is very suspect and downright false.)

They have not backed up their $166 Billion with ANY facts of how they determined that figure."

Trump supporters never rely on facts, science, or the truth. 

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 37 of 63

@jimc91 wrote:
The combined cost of climate-change policy has been $166 billion from 1993 to 2014.

Stupid, stupid stupid...

44>dolt45
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 38 of 63

@Roxanna35 wrote:

To disregard everything that has been said by the world scientist is foolish. but, as usual, politics in this country takes precedent as to what is good for the country and what is not.

From what I understand, and as I have posted, the Paris Accord is strictly voluntarily but was to cost the United States some millions of dollars a year, naturally.  But even pulling out of it, many states and industries are going to remain in compliance.

I am aware of smog problems in the Far East especially, since I recall the first time I landed at Tokyo International Airport back in 1956, the air was so thick with smog one could hardly breath.   There was the smell of wood burning smoke in the air.

Now being asthmetic with emphysema, even with our air not being as contaminated, it is hard sometimes to breathe. 

But like many other things with science, theories are constantly changing.  Some interesting references:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_Warm_Period

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Ice_Age

There are many references to climate changes through the ages, but of course many are debunked by those who want to make a case for present day climate change.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 39 of 63

pc6063: 

Pan-- One thing you need to realize is that with the propaganda media spewing lies about the reality of climate change and donnie pulling out of the Paris Accord, trump Rangers are unable to see the truth beforevthem, choosing to follow  lies and fantasy,  rather then what is obvious. 

Great post! Thank you!!

One thing is clear: the only group in the world who refuses to accept the science community's findings and conclusions on climate change is the American GOP. Odd isn't it that conservatives the world over understand what's at stake yet our people do not? It brings their behavior into focus by understanding that the GOP is a tool for the petroleum industry. But wouldn't you think that the base would be even a tiny bit angry with the assumption by their politicians that they are fools to be duped?

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 40 of 63

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

Paris Accord

Isn't compliance with the Paris Accord voluntary with goals set by every nation?  I note this in doing some research: ... there’s also no defined punishment for breaking it and the goals, as said, is up to each country.  What's the deal about staying in it?

But of course whatever, it would cost Uncle Sugar a bundle of money going to other countries.  Never fails.

Has science proved conclusively what causes extreme climate change?  Or is it just like other things, it depends on the current politically correct fad?

I believe that it has been proven by many scientist regarding global warming an the emmission of carbon into the athmosphere that is man made.
India, just passed a law that by 2030 the only cars that will be sold thee will be electric cars.
China is becoming the biggest producer of solar panels. There are cities and one of them is Mexico city that the smog is so great that is practically non breathable. Los Angeles, look what they have done regarding car emissions and if you live in LA smog alerts are quite frequent. and employers allow their employees to go home during those alerts.

no name
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors