Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 'CLIMATE CHANGE' FIGHT HAS COST YOU MORE THAN $166 BILLION

Message 21 of 63

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

So you don't approve research and trying to invest in technologies of the future.  Research is one thing the Government should be investing in so we can remain a world leader.

You identified $1 Billion dollars spent on climate change, you only have $165 Billion to go to support the allegation that started this topic. 

You also don't seem to understand the costs of "clean-up" are always greater than not doing it in the first place.

I didn't start this topic so you may want to ask the "starter".  There's no "clean up" of CO2 since it is not a pollutant (except to liberals).  I am for wasting NO MONEY on Climate Change.  It will keep on changing no matter if you like it or not and won't be fixed by throwing money in the incinerator.

If I remember right, you were claiming in another topic that CO2 was actually a good thing for plants because you use it in a highly controlled, tended growing environment inside of a greenhouse.  The earth is not a greenhouse and it has been proven long ago that it is an issue and is not a plus for plants. If that was not you, I apologize, but it does not change my point. 

You commented earlier that you were glad that we were no longer going to be spending this $166 Billion on climate change, so asking you to back-up where this figure comes from seems fair to me.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 63

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

The point you seem to miss is that this "$166 Billion" is not climate change only.  This "study" did not explain how they came up with this number, the closest they came to explaining it was claiming that $26.1 Billion of the 2009 stimulus package was being spent on climate change.  I pasted a link on an earlier post to the package, why don't you look at it and see if you can find $26.1 Billion.

As far as taxing others, what about the subsidies we give to oil companies so they can charge cheaper prices?  Are you in favor of that?  How about the money we all pay to clean up from dirty industries that don't pay for it themselves?  You seem to have a very narrow view on what is taxing somebody else to give to others and keep insisting that because you don't like a program that would change it (there are other ways to do it), that it isn't happening.  So, now it is your turn to yell about money to Africa, as if that proves your point.

Your guy Obama already wasted half a billion dollars on Climate Change and enough is enough.

The US government has given half a billion dollars to the UN's Green Climate Fund, just three days before Donald Trump takes office.

Barack Obama's outgoing administration announced the contribution of $500m (£406m; €468m) on Tuesday, bringing the total funds to date to $1bn.

Mr Obama pledged in 2014 to give $3bn to help tackle the effects of climate change in the poorest countries.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38661259

So you don't approve research and trying to invest in technologies of the future.  Research is one thing the Government should be investing in so we can remain a world leader.

You identified $1 Billion dollars spent on climate change, you only have $165 Billion to go to support the allegation that started this topic. 

You also don't seem to understand the costs of "clean-up" are always greater than not doing it in the first place.

I didn't start this topic so you may want to ask the "starter".  There's no "clean up" of CO2 since it is not a pollutant (except to liberals).  I am for wasting NO MONEY on Climate Change.  It will keep on changing no matter if you like it or not and won't be fixed by throwing money in the incinerator.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 63

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

The point you seem to miss is that this "$166 Billion" is not climate change only.  This "study" did not explain how they came up with this number, the closest they came to explaining it was claiming that $26.1 Billion of the 2009 stimulus package was being spent on climate change.  I pasted a link on an earlier post to the package, why don't you look at it and see if you can find $26.1 Billion.

As far as taxing others, what about the subsidies we give to oil companies so they can charge cheaper prices?  Are you in favor of that?  How about the money we all pay to clean up from dirty industries that don't pay for it themselves?  You seem to have a very narrow view on what is taxing somebody else to give to others and keep insisting that because you don't like a program that would change it (there are other ways to do it), that it isn't happening.  So, now it is your turn to yell about money to Africa, as if that proves your point.

Your guy Obama already wasted half a billion dollars on Climate Change and enough is enough.

The US government has given half a billion dollars to the UN's Green Climate Fund, just three days before Donald Trump takes office.

Barack Obama's outgoing administration announced the contribution of $500m (£406m; €468m) on Tuesday, bringing the total funds to date to $1bn.

Mr Obama pledged in 2014 to give $3bn to help tackle the effects of climate change in the poorest countries.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 63

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Fortunately this waste of taxpayer monies will end.

The waste of taxpayer money will never end - it is the nature of government.

As to climate change, I believe the efforts to clean up the environment will never end, and that is a good thing. What we will not be doing is send billions of taxpayer dollars to some global entity to be distributed around the world.

That's exactly what I was referring to is Climate Change (waste of money).  Taxing the U.S. and transferring the money to Africa will never solve anything (except to the left).

NOTHAPPENING,  Do you realize that included in the $166 Billion figure is the cost of giving taxpayers (mostly middle class) tax CREDITS (lower taxes) to install solar panels, windmills, etc.

So you approve of Government determining what is good and what is bad and using taxes to punish the users of "bad" and reward the users of "good"?  No people want dirty air yet carbon taxes don't cover dirty air, just CO2 and the left hasn't proved that man makes more than the least amount of greenhouse effect.  I'm all for solar panels without government subsidies.  If you can afford them, then do it (if it saves you money).  Windmills don't work when there is no wind, make a lot of noise, chop up the birds pretty well, and don't seem to have much favor in the ocean off the coast of Hyannisport.

I guess you must know by now that I'm not in favor of taxing some to give to others.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 63

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

As to climate change, I believe the efforts to clean up the environment will never end, and that is a good thing. What we will not be doing is send billions of taxpayer dollars to some global entity to be distributed around the world.

That's exactly what I was referring to is Climate Change (waste of money).  Taxing the U.S. and transferring the money to Africa will never solve anything (except to the left).

NOTHAPPENING,  Do you realize that included in the $166 Billion figure is the cost of giving taxpayers (mostly middle class) tax CREDITS (lower taxes) to install solar panels, windmills, etc.

So you approve of Government determining what is good and what is bad and using taxes to punish the users of "bad" and reward the users of "good"?  No people want dirty air yet carbon taxes don't cover dirty air, just CO2 and the left hasn't proved that man makes more than the least amount of greenhouse effect.  I'm all for solar panels without government subsidies.  If you can afford them, then do it (if it saves you money).  Windmills don't work when there is no wind, make a lot of noise, chop up the birds pretty well, and don't seem to have much favor in the ocean off the coast of Hyannisport.

I guess you must know by now that I'm not in favor of taxing some to give to others.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 63

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 63

I had no idea the people trying to deny science were costing us so much money. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 63

Global Warming is not a theory,  It's called solid scientific observation of what is happening NOW.  And what has happened since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution.  There is a graph that scientist use not politicians that shows what has happened in the last hundred thousands years and what has happened since the industrial revolution and anyone with any sense can read it.  Except for the Republican Party.  But I'm sure even the smart ones can understand it but refuse to accept it.  No we won't follow Germany's  or even China's energy plans, we will take a back seat while the rest of the world will follow their lead.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 63

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 63

@rk9152 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors