Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: 'CLIMATE CHANGE' FIGHT HAS COST YOU MORE THAN $166 BILLION

Message 11 of 63

Sp362--It occurs to me that many of the things that I of late have seen representatives on the right do, is very shortsighted. I believe that shortsightedness  and the denial of scientific fact in both Republican representatives and their supporters is the answer to your question.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 63

Sp362--It occurs to me that many of the things that I of late  have seen representatives on the right do, is very shortsighted. I believe that shortsightedness  and the denial a scientific fact in both representatives and their supporters is the answer to your question.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 63

@sp362 wrote:

Richva, I find it ironic that nothappening is complaining about the money spent so far on climate change ($166 Billion, although I have doubts on the validity of this number coming from its source and the lack of details they offer) not realizing that is a drop in the bucket compared to the amounts that will have to spent due to the effects we will experience.  I'm a conservative and I understand the consequences. It would nice if others had the ability to think past the PROPAGANDA and understand what is involved.

I appreciate your response. As an old conservative myself, I realize that we sometimes must spend money to actually conserve things. Thank you.  

Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 63

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

I guess you must know by now that I'm not in favor of taxing some to give to others.

That is what taxes DO!!!!  They build roads. They fund schools, they support the military. All that is for the common good. 

No, roads are for everybody, schools are for everybody, military is for everybody, Climate Change is for Liberals and underdeveloped countries.

Rising oceans and melting icecaps are for everybody. Changes in precipitation patterns are for everybody. Increased environmental refugees (staring already) are for everybody. More intense hurricanes are for everybody. Droughts are for everybody. Insect outbreaks are for everybody.  Wow. The gift that hits all of us. 

Richva, I find it ironic that nothappening is complaining about the money spent so far on climate change ($166 Billion, although I have doubts on the validity of this number coming from its source and the lack of details they offer) not realizing that is a drop in the bucket compared to the amounts that will have to spent due to the effects we will experience.  I'm a conservative and I understand the consequences. It would nice if others had the ability to think past the PROPAGANDA and understand what is involved.

Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 63

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

You commented earlier that you were glad that we were no longer going to be spending this $166 Billion on climate change, so asking you to back-up where this figure comes from seems fair to me.

I never mentioned $166 billion so dream on or go check.  I did mention that your guy, Obama squandered $500 million which he gave to the U.N. to be given to Africa.  If you don't believe it, Google it.

This is your comment from the SECOND post on this topic "Fortunately this waste of taxpayer monies will end."  Since the title of this topic includes the figure $166 Billion, it is logical that this is the figure you were commenting on.  So, again, you only have another $165 Billion to back up your claim.  We also spend far more than $500 Million a year in fossil fuel subsidies, but I don't see you screaming about that. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Message 16 of 63

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

I guess you must know by now that I'm not in favor of taxing some to give to others.

That is what taxes DO!!!!  They build roads. They fund schools, they support the military. All that is for the common good. 

No, roads are for everybody, schools are for everybody, military is for everybody, Climate Change is for Liberals and underdeveloped countries.

Rising oceans and melting icecaps are for everybody. Changes in precipitation patterns are for everybody. Increased environmental refugees (staring already) are for everybody. More intense hurricanes are for everybody. Droughts are for everybody. Insect outbreaks are for everybody.  Wow. The gift that hits all of us. 

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 17 of 63

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 63

@sp362 wrote:

You commented earlier that you were glad that we were no longer going to be spending this $166 Billion on climate change, so asking you to back-up where this figure comes from seems fair to me.

I never mentioned $166 billion so dream on or go check.  I did mention that your guy, Obama squandered $500 million which he gave to the U.N. to be given to Africa.  If you don't believe it, Google it.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 19 of 63

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 20 of 63

@pc6063 wrote:

Rker-- What you see in "trump rangers" is the inability to see the macro environmental picture. These people seem to be unable to get past the microcosm of their very small community, unable to comprehend what global warming is doing to this planet.

rker - what you are seeing is the inability of the radical left to consider any solution for any problem beyond "throw more money at it".

"Macro-" and "micro-" are meaningless to them. Only $ and a zeros at the end of a number has any meaning to them.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Pen Pal Safety

Take pen pal safety precautions.
Learn more.

Top Authors