Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: CITY OF HATE: Portland Sports Fans BOO US Military Enlistees During 9/11 Swearing-In Ceremony

Message 1 of 9

The people are tired of the RW rhetoric.    We are tired of donald demanding loyality to him using others as props.    Apparently some here seem to believe that if anyone dare to protest that they are bad.    As others here have noted, they have been in the military and they are they ones protesting.   I am happy to join that group.   

Republicans in Congress want to have legislation passed that anyone that protests against any entity that they want should be considered a terrorist threat.    How is that democracy - it is not.   

From New Mexico:   staying strong!

ACLU puts up billboards for Trump's upcoming visit

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: You Decide Who the FAKE News Media i.....

Message 2 of 9

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

It is apparent some posters facilitate the reporting of FAKE NEWS....you decide:

Clearly, the enlistee's are cheered until trump's name is mentioned. I dispise liars like trump and Fox, don't you?

Yup ..... as well as those who spread those lies by re-posting the bogus made up garbage spewed by Fox!!!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

You Decide Who the FAKE News Media i.....

Message 3 of 9

It is apparent some posters facilitate the reporting of FAKE NEWS....you decide:

Clearly, the enlistee's are cheered until trump's name is mentioned. I dispise liars like trump and Fox, don't you?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Re: CITY OF HATE: Portland Sports Fans BOO US Military Enlistees During 9/11 Swearing-In Ceremony

Message 4 of 9

@jimc91 wrote:

Portland sports fans viciously booed a group of US Armed Forces enlistees during a swearing-in ceremony this week; panning the future service members after vowing to follow the orders of the President of the United States.

“Fans at a National Women’s Soccer League game rained down boos during a U.S. Armed Forces swearing-in ceremony Wednesday after the enlistees were asked to pledge they would obey the orders of President Trump,” reports Fox News. “The ceremony took place at Providence Park in Portland, Ore., while the Portland Thorns were facing the North Carolina Courage. The event was scheduled ahead of the 2019 season when the club discovered it would be playing on Sept. 11.”

“The boos come as Major League Soccer came under fire for banning political banners in its club’s stadiums. The National Women’s Soccer League does not have a fan code of conduct but agreed with its partner club, the Portland Timbers, to ban political signage at Thorns games,” adds Fox.

More FAKE NEWS by the usual sources, including Fox News.  Despicable!!! And deplorable!!!

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9
They NEVER let the truth get in the way of their thinking, EVER.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

In a constant search for the truth among conservative non-truths, I point out that the boos were for Donald Trump and not directed to the enlistees.  Conservatives do not seem to care what the truth really is. Link of proof below. 

I love pointing out the truth in a world of lies. 

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland-thorns/2019/09/portland-thorns-fans-boo-donald-trump-during-half...

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

Maybe citizens and members of our military are seeing and asking: is there a real difference between an oath being taken to protect our country, or do they think that they are taking an oath to be subservient to the president, who he himself is a threat to our country!

Supporting putin and russia, is not the same as supporting our Country...

perhaps fox might want to take a really good look at that! And do some soul searching. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9

I think Republicans have been exposed under Trump as fake patriots and need to chill out with trying to make others look unpatriotic. Here's what a veteran thinks:

Robert People @PeoplesCourt79

I retired from the Army in 2018 after serving for 21 years. If you are a Republican who supports money being stolen from the military and used for The #TrumpWall, do me a favor.

Stop thanking me for my service. Stop saying you support the troops.

Because you’re full of........

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

CITY OF HATE: Portland Sports Fans BOO US Military Enlistees During 9/11 Swearing-In Ceremony

Message 9 of 9

Portland sports fans viciously booed a group of US Armed Forces enlistees during a swearing-in ceremony this week; panning the future service members after vowing to follow the orders of the President of the United States.

“Fans at a National Women’s Soccer League game rained down boos during a U.S. Armed Forces swearing-in ceremony Wednesday after the enlistees were asked to pledge they would obey the orders of President Trump,” reports Fox News. “The ceremony took place at Providence Park in Portland, Ore., while the Portland Thorns were facing the North Carolina Courage. The event was scheduled ahead of the 2019 season when the club discovered it would be playing on Sept. 11.”

“The boos come as Major League Soccer came under fire for banning political banners in its club’s stadiums. The National Women’s Soccer League does not have a fan code of conduct but agreed with its partner club, the Portland Timbers, to ban political signage at Thorns games,” adds Fox.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors