Rethink your job search and find opportunities for experienced workers with the AARP job board.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: CBS cuts conclusion of trump's emergency speech

Message 21 of 53
MsStretch posted..

Speaking of fact checks, why don't we go to the Associated Press: AP FACT CHECK: Trump declares emergency with faulty claims

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When all else fails change the subject.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 53

@KidBoy2 wrote:
myexper posted..

NBC did the same thing .... cut off Trump's repetitive trite go-nowhere speech praising himself! My local affiliate then went on with an infomercial!

=========================================

The old stick your head in the sand...does that work with you?

Trump's emergency speech was and is big news and its up to the news media to cover it.

You are correct it was big news. It showed all once again how our President acts due to his mental problem. He made little sense and did not tell the truth most of the time. He said he has built a lot of wall so far when in fact he has not built any wall so far.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 53

Speaking of fact checks, why don't we go to the Associated Press: AP FACT CHECK: Trump declares emergency with faulty claims

A few highlights:

TRUMP: "I've built a lot of wall. I have a lot of money, and I've built a lot of wall."

THE FACTS: He's built no new miles of wall, lacking the money. His new construction to date has replaced existing barriers.

Here is a claim that is astounding in its ignorance:

TRUMP: "And a big majority of the big drugs — the big drug loads — don't go through ports of entry. They can't go through ports of entry. You can't take big loads because you have people — we have some very capable people; the Border Patrol, law enforcement — looking

WTF?! This ludicrous statement defies all logic, but I digress.  Let's continue.

TRUMP: "We have tremendous amounts of drugs flowing into our country, much of it coming from the southern border. When you look and when you listen to politicians — in particular, certain Democrats — they say it all comes through the port of entry. It's wrong. It's wrong. It's just a lie. It's all a lie."

THE FACTS: His own administration says illicit drugs come mainly through ports of entry. He has persistently contradicted his officials — never mind Democrats — on this point. The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration said in a 2018 report that the most common trafficking technique by transnational criminal organizations is to hide drugs in passenger vehicles or tractor-trailers as they drive into the U.S. at official crossings. They also use buses, cargo trains and tunnels, the report says, citing smuggling methods that would not be choked off by a border wall.

Admittedly, I missed this "very important" speech, but if this is an example of what the president was spewing out, CBS did the right thing. Just my opinion, of course, but I doubt I would have made it through as far as CBS did.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 53

@easyed598 wrote:

Chasky wrote-Then he went on a multi-day golf vacation to demonstrate how pressing the erroneous "National Emergency" really is.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Imagine trump going on vacation while the government was shut down-Oh wait he didn`t-that was the Democrats who went galavanting all over the world(Hawaii etc).  Yes Trump stayed mostly in the White House working on ending the shut-down whille Democrats were on the beach drinking Mai -Tai`s. Trump declared a National Emergency and now the DEMS will waste time and money fighting against him trying to protect us from human trafficers,drug dealers,murderers,rapists and gang members.   

Looks like you missed the news from the White House. Trump had a Golf Game (virtual) installed in the WH end of Dec. and it cost $50,000. A staff member from the WH told reporters that Trump has been using the new  game every day. So Trump was in the WH playing his new golf game during the shutdown. Go look at his schedule and you will find very little time working. They were trying to find the WH  staff member who leaked this true info to the press. Now you can tell all how sorry you were for not making sure you had the facts.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 53

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Can you provide any factual verifiable links to thousands of complaints to the networks for cutting away to stuff more highly valued by the viewers sucn (sic) as "The Price Is Right"?

You can't?

========================================================

I have no idea of how many. if there were any that complained about CBS cutting away..can YOU? If so please post a link to your information.

If you can't verify that there were thousands of complaints - is safe to say that there weren't a large enough number of complaints to be significant - including, of course, the usual extreme right fringe crackpot whiners...
He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894 - APPLIES TO TRUMP TODAY
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 53
Can you provide any factual verifiable links to thousands of complaints to the networks for cutting away to stuff more highly valued by the viewers sucn (sic) as "The Price Is Right"?

You can't?

========================================================

I have no idea of how many. if there were any that complained about CBS cutting away..can YOU? If so please post a link to your information.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 53
OK, I admit it. I don't understand what you posted.

Let's review:

MsStretch posted..

You said (twice): "Trump's emergency speech was and is big news and its up to the news media to cover it."

I replied: "The speech was covered!"

=========================================================

Yes, you do not understand my posts.

It would behoove you to read the headline of this thread which FYI is ...CBS cuts conclusion of trump's emergency speech.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 53

@KidBoy2 wrote:
MsStretch posted...

Huh? The speech was covered! I guess blathering is not considered newsworthy. Could be viewers were calling up asking to get back to regular programming. Or just tuning out. I usually do when the babble starts. Just speaking for myself though. If I miss something, I can read about on the fact checkers.

============================================================
You just do not understand what I posted. Yes, you can read about it ...that is not the point.

Again FYI...Trump's emergency speech was and is big news and its up to the news media to cover it.

Me thinks you do not want to hear anything our President has to say.

OK, I admit it.  I don't understand what you posted. 

Let's review:

You said (twice): "Trump's emergency speech was and is big news and its up to the news media to cover it."

I replied: "The speech was covered!"

What did I say different?  Perhaps I confused you with my "blathering" comment by not specifying I was refering to the press Q & A following the actual speech, at which time, the president historically goes offscript and just babbles whatever comes into his mind and it usually proves to be fodder for the fact checkers.  Why would the media further perpetuate unfounded and unsubstantiated statements by airing them?

CUT!

Oh, as far as not wanting to hear anything the president says, you hit the nail right on the head.  I cringe when he speaks.  I find it painful and embarrassing to listen to the childish rants of a grown man, although I know he said he's "like, really smart".  I mean... like... really?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 53

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Oceanflower posted..

Part of her rant..

I don't understand why you are complaining Kid. dt's speech is being covered, extensively. Every word or it, including, "I didn't have to do this".

==============================================

Read your post...you are the one that is complaining.

Trump's emergency speech was and is big news and its up to the news media to cover it. That is part of the news media job. Its up to the viewer to decide if they think its good news or bad news.

You state "unfortunately has intelligent viewers discussing the 25th Amendment" WOW!!!

Can you provide any factual verifiable links to thousands of complaints to the networks for cutting away to stuff more highly valued by the viewers sucn as "The Price Is Right"?

You can't?    No surprise there...

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894 - APPLIES TO TRUMP TODAY
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 53
Oceanflower posted..

Part of her rant..

I don't understand why you are complaining Kid. dt's speech is being covered, extensively. Every word or it, including, "I didn't have to do this".

==============================================

Read your post...you are the one that is complaining.

Trump's emergency speech was and is big news and its up to the news media to cover it. That is part of the news media job. Its up to the viewer to decide if they think its good news or bad news.

You state "unfortunately has intelligent viewers discussing the 25th Amendment" WOW!!!
Kudos
Views