With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: CBS cuts conclusion of trump's emergency speech

Message 31 of 53

Again FYI...Trump's emergency speech was and is big news and its up to the news media to cover it.

I don't understand why you are complaining Kid.  dt's speech is being covered, extensively.  Every word or it, including, "I didn't have to do this".

If anyone in the entire world missed viewing his live performance, it's all on tape for them to experience.

His breaking into sing-song, unfortunately has intelligent viewers discussing the 25th Amendment.

Do you just not think enough media outlets showed him the loyalty for his great idea that you (and he) thinks he deserves?  It is not the fault of broadcasters that dt could not follow the time frame he was given to complete his performance.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 53
MsStretch posted...

Huh? The speech was covered! I guess blathering is not considered newsworthy. Could be viewers were calling up asking to get back to regular programming. Or just tuning out. I usually do when the babble starts. Just speaking for myself though. If I miss something, I can read about on the fact checkers.

============================================================
You just do not understand what I posted. Yes, you can read about it ...that is not the point.

Again FYI...Trump's emergency speech was and is big news and its up to the news media to cover it.

Me thinks you do not want to hear anything our President has to say.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 53

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Trump's emergency speech was and is big news and its up to the news media to cover it.

Huh?  The speech was covered!  I guess blathering is not considered newsworthy.  Could be viewers were calling up asking to get back to regular programming.  Or just tuning out.  I usually do when the babble starts.  Just speaking for myself though.  If I miss something, I can read about on the fact checkers.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 53

This thread is the funniest thing I've read today.  The CBS thing is PRICEless.  And NBC too?   Yep, I guess incessant babbling doesn't really qualify as news.

The parroting of Celebrity President's tweets are also making me chuckle.  Poor Donnie, he kept everyone updated on how he was busy at work (i.e. signing a stack of blank bills -- PHOTO OP!) and all alone in the WH on Christmas.  (I guess Melania was chopped liver, because I am pretty sure I read she flew back to be with hubby on Christmas day.)  All alone looking out at "so many machine guns".  Yes, all nice and toasty warm in that big comfy WH while the Secret Service continued to patrol the perimeter outside in bitterly cold temps away from their families on Christmas Day and NOT GETTING PAID!  Cry me a river.

You bet, Donnie is always hard at work.   Look at his schedule.  All that important 'executive time' boggles the mind.

@Olderscout66 wrote:

2. Lil donny wandered around the White House in his pajamas until noon and then spent a couple hours watching Fox, listening to InfoWars and tweeting whatever he heard, then got dressed and played golf all during the shut down.

Good thing he installed/upgraded this very important 'executive tool' because assimilating all that info from his FOXy friends and other closest advisors can be exhausting work.

FORE!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 53

@KidBoy2 wrote:
myexper posted..

NBC did the same thing .... cut off Trump's repetitive trite go-nowhere speech praising himself! My local affiliate then went on with an infomercial!

=========================================

The old stick your head in the sand...does that work with you?  It sure works for the trump supporters....

Trump's emergency speech was and is big news and its up to the news media to cover it.  So say's who?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 53

@KidBoy2 wrote:
CBS cuts conclusion of trump's emergency speech

---------------------

Thanks for that information. It shows what CBS thinks is news. Shame on them!

Sure does.  They showed the announcement and cut the lies and prapaganda that a very few refer to as "news".  It's telling to see who refers to repeated lies as "news"...clearly it's the Faux Viewers.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 53
myexper posted..

NBC did the same thing .... cut off Trump's repetitive trite go-nowhere speech praising himself! My local affiliate then went on with an infomercial!

=========================================

The old stick your head in the sand...does that work with you?

Trump's emergency speech was and is big news and its up to the news media to cover it.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 53

NBC did the same thing .... cut off Trump's repetitive trite go-nowhere speech praising himself!  My local affiliate then went on with an infomercial!

DUMP TRUMP AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 53
CBS cuts conclusion of trump's emergency speech

---------------------

Thanks for that information. It shows what CBS thinks is news. Shame on them!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 53

ChasKy53 wrote in blue text:
@jimc91 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

CBS Goes With ‘The Price Is Right’ Over Conclusion Of President Trump’s Emergency Speech | Deadline 

CBS apparently was of the opinion that their viewers would rather see "The Price Is Right" rather than the end of trump's emergency speech.

Says lots about what major media have determined what value the majority of Americans (a great many of whom will be voting in the next election) place upon listening to trump's speeches - many of which have been said to be marginally coherent...

Proving once again they are not really a NEWS organization...  It only "proves it"  to those with their heads stuck in Breitbart and Fox.

Their attempt and desire to control the narrative is failing and most Americans no, just trump supporters have become skeptical of the major networks because of their clear bias.  Yep, "clear bias" to the truth.

Where are the Walter Conkrite's of the news business?  Well, they sure aren't found at Fox, Breitbart, or any other right wing source. Simply report the news and let the people decide for themselves.  Fox viewers and Breitbart readers don't "decide", they are told what to believe.

Instead the networks are attempting to tellpeople what to think.  Yep, the Fox network.

It seems to be working on the lemmings of the left... What "seems to be working" is Fox and Breitbart getting trump supporters to believe fake news and lies.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views