Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: CANNABIS TO THE RESCUE?

Message 1 of 16

Stuff--Did you see his press conference where he swore to lock up all the users and pushers of illegal drugs? Pushers, ok--but users? No!  That is what I was alluding to in my post.

You are correct, cannibis does create psychological addiction. But, for  the most part, we are not talking about pure Cannabis here either, but , rather its derivatives.I have thoughts about pure pot, but they aren't relevant in a discussion of medical marijuana and its derivatives.

Tobacco has been socially accepted for a long time, sad. I've watched it kill many. Watched my mom slowly suffocate due to COPD, brought on by years of smoking.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 16

GruffStuff--Sessions is extremely out of touch with new trends being advocated by law enforcement in which addicts are steered into rehab, rather than incarceration.

Well first off there are no cannabis addicts in the classic sense,  and as such no need to force people who use cannabis into rehab. What is described as cannabis addiction is rare and doesn't have physical addiction withdraw symptoms, it's psychological addiction, and if we're going to go there what about the psychological  addiction to say chocolate.

Tobacco on the other hand is extremely addictive, it does damage the health of anyone who uses it, or who is near a person who uses it often. It would make more sense to force people into rehab for tobacco use then cannabis use, and we would never consider doing that.

Jeff Sessions the anti weed crusader was / is a shill for big tobacco. Not uncommon in Congress.

Generally speaking.

I would never find anyone guilty of the crime of using cannabis if serving on a jury, and if they had a medical reason to use cannabis I would laugh at the charges.

More and more people are coming to adopt that stance.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 16

GruffStuff--Sessions is extremely out of touch with new trends being advocated by law enforcement in which addicts are steered into rehab, rather than incarceration.  This practice not only helps people suffering with addiction,  but will empty our jails of low level offenders.

This entire administration seems to want to turn back the clock on all sorts if advancement, Sessions is no exception. 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 16

@pc6063 wrote:

It is time that people stopped looking at medical marijuana use as something devious. 

Devious you say?  Devious? Bawahahahaha....

Image result for reefer madness

Related image

From "Reefer Madness"....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 16

Ignorant bigoted trash like Sessions and his sort will have to die off before real research can start getting objective scientific answers.

In the USA perhaps, but the world is a big place. Cannabis has been demonized for  along time, but it's been a losing battle for those that wish make it a crime.

The political advantage in taking that stance is fading. People are coming to realize the real gateway drugs to opioid addiction are pharmaceuticals, prescription pain killers. 

Opioid use decreases in states that have legalized medical marijuana, just the opposite to what we've been told all of our lives, and contrary to the main argument against cannabis being legal or decriminalized. 

Kind of makes you wonder who the real criminals are doesn't it.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 16

@alferdpacker wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

AP--Thanks for the info.!!

You're welcome.

By the way - even though I used it in my youth, I haven't used it for over 35 years.

been there, done that.

Also been straight for a while.

Can thoroughly understand and appreciate both the stoner and the straight side...

Me too ........... Smiley Wink

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 16

@pc6063 wrote:

You're welcome.

By the way - even though I used it in my youth, I haven't used it for over 35 years.

been there, done that.

Also been straight for a while.

Can thoroughly understand and appreciate both the stoner and the straight side...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 16

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 16

@pc6063 wrote:

AP--Interesting--Can you tell me if big pharma is involved or is this all out of reach of big pharma's tentacles?

Marijuana legalization is being hampered by dishonest people getting paid with money that is controlled by big pharma.

Of course it wants control of growing, processing and selling marijuana.

Those states that have legalized marijuana have not cut big pharma in for it's majority share - which is, of course - godless, evil, satanistic, unpatriotic, will damage the moral fibre of the state's people and incidentally not fill the big pharma wallets...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 16

AP--Interesting--Can you tell me if big pharma is involved or is this all out of reach of big pharma's tentacles?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.

Top Authors