Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: CAN THREADS NOW BE CLOSED BY USERS?????

Message 1 of 17

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

....but most of us aren't, GRUMPY.....   Please, speak for yourself.

Might be a question if many are even seniors.

Have a good evening.

The mistake a lot of politicians make is forgetting
they've been appointed but thinking they've been anointed.
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 17

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

Didn't one of the posters from just outside of Houston used to be a moderator?   And has "recently" morphed into grumpy old man?   

But that 'grumpy old man' [aren't we all here supposed to be getting up in age as seniors?] ....

....but most of us aren't, GRUMPY.....   Please, speak for yourself.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 17

@MIseker wrote:

When I came here i was the kid in the toy store..i checked out everything. some rwnj inadvertantly emailed me the hit list of lefties with instructions on how to complain about them to get them tossed off. most of us are still here 🙂

I don't believe the atmosphere was like it is here now.  Additionally there were alternatives unlike now, especially with the private groups.  Issues and Elections was like the 'wild west' worse than here, but eventually we were able to calm it down. 

When they discontinued the configuration, the group was to a point where it was civil discussions between conservatives and liberals.  Of course one or two didn't like it that way and left on their own accord.  One member of the group told me he was leaving because he felt he couldn't remain in such an atmosphere.  We did manage to not miss him.

Of course the 'swamp' was like it is here, mostly personalities without discussions.  That's what this topic has deteriorated by the post injecting it into the topic by a liberal poster.  What does what is under discussion have to do with the thread topic?

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 17

@MIseker wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@afisher wrote:

Didn't one of the posters from just outside of Houston used to be a moderator?   And has "recently" morphed into grumpy old man?   

A number of software iterations ago, individuals were allowed to create, run and administer their own groups.  

However, their moderation authority only applied within their own group, and did not extend  to any posts made outside their group.

Posters could be ejected without citing cause, and it was not completely unheard of to learn of someone having been ejected for having incurred the wrath of the "god" of one group by posting an opinion on another group.

There were petty tyrants on both the left and on the right.

Yes, a poster who posts here now had such a group back in the dinosaur days.

I once was a member of one certain unnamed group, among others, but unilaterally quit that certain group because I disagreed with what I considered to be antiquated authoritarianism and previous century backward cultural regionalism that was posted and allowed to remain.

Back then, what eventually ended up becoming this discussion group was referred to as "the swamp" due to the extremely large number of quite rabid RWNJs who were extremely rude and thoroughly irrational.

Things change...

When I came here i was the kid in the toy store..i checked out everything. some rwnj inadvertantly emailed me the hit list of lefties with instructions on how to complain about them to get them tossed off. most of us are still here 🙂

Yep      gdpit_com_96762790_1016.gif

44>dolt45
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 17

@alferdpacker wrote:

@afisher wrote:

A number of software iterations ago, individuals were allowed to create, run and administer their own groups.  

However, their moderation authority only applied within their own group, and did not extend  to any posts made outside their group.

Posters could be ejected without citing cause, and it was not completely unheard of to learn of someone having been ejected for having incurred the wrath of the "god" of one group by posting an opinion on another group.

I once was a member of one certain unnamed group, among others, but unilaterally quit that certain group because I disagreed with what I considered to be antiquated authoritarianism and previous century backward cultural regionalism that was posted and allowed to remain.

Back then, what eventually ended up becoming this discussion group was referred to as "the swamp" due to the extremely large number of quite rabid RWNJs who were extremely rude and thoroughly irrational.

Things change...

So it begins.
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 17

@afisher wrote:

Things change...

44>dolt45
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 17

@afisher wrote:

Not sure what that has to do with the topic, and sort of sounds like a veiled personal attack. 

But that 'grumpy old man' [aren't we all here supposed to be getting up in age as seniors?]  also had his own discussion site for several years, therefore has an understanding of how things work behind the scenes with moderation tools. 

Back on topic, there is no way a regular poster can modify another's posts or threads.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 17

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 17

@nctarheel wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

That's why I asked how/who was responsible for the thread being shut down.

Anyone knowledgable about the way forum software works would know that only moderatiors, managers, owners have the control panel to close threads or to make changes to posts.

I am also knowledgeable on how the games platform works on this site and that recently, scores were posted for certain games that were impossibly high due to how the game is constructed. No one ever explained how a game with a MAXIMUM possible score of 6700 could have scores posted to the leader board of 52,000 or 47,000.

They had to be posted by means OTHER THAN the playing of the game.

Rather than explain it, they changed the format of the leader board.

Same goes here.

The closing of threads, in all the years I been on forums, is ALWAYS accompanied by an explanation or a short note by the moderator..... the closing of the thread in question was not.

Has someone found the ability to close threads just as someone had found the ability to post impossible scores?

You ask a very legitimate question - I have all kinds of Unique to mickstuder User Issues all the time - I'll PM another member and ask them if the same thing is happening to them and most of the time the answer is NO - so it's just me experiencing the specific issue.............................

This is obvioulsy another one of those mysteries..............................the only other explanation I could offer a guess on - is that I think I can remember at least one of my Threads being closed with no Public Announcement or Explanation but I got a PM from a Moderator.....................

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 17

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

Has someone found the ability to close threads just as someone had found the ability to post impossible scores?

Maybe the Russians got tired of just hacking into elections and decided to have some fun with this site.

Naw ..... the Russians are having far more fun fooling gullible Americans into believing that they didn't hack into our elections!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors