Eye scans and gene editing are among the new frontiers in Alzheimer’s research! Learn more in AARP’s report on medical breakthroughs.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: CAN'T WIN

Message 61 of 87
Such better eye candy.
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 87

There is racism in intent.  And there is racism in application.   And often there is both.   Even if someone doesn't think they are racist, or think Trump is racist, his policies are definitely racist/bigoted/discriminatory in application.  And that matters.   Racism is about power and it always has been. 

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the-war-on-immigrants-racist-policies-in-the-trump_us_5980bf68e...

Even if you aren't racist, supporting someone in power who is racist, is just as bad.   It perpetuates oppression of certain groups. 

Even being passive in the face of racism perpetuates it.  This isn't something people can just sit out. We all need to ask ourselves, which person am I?  The one who says,  I see there is racism, but it doesn't affect me, so who cares?   Or the one who says, I see there is racism, and it affects fellow Americans, so I care. 

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 87

@Soosie wrote:

Disagree and I'm a racists.jpg

Sounds like you just can't win for losing, been there in the Army. There was the right way, wrong way, and the Army way. Not knowing you I would never prejudge however it is my firm belief that the President is a racist among other things.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

CAN'T WIN

Message 64 of 87

Epster said to me, "The way I read this, she isn't saying you called her a racist. She's saying your claim makes about as much sense as calling her a racist. "

What claim did I make?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 87

@CriticalThinking wrote:

To the best of my knowledge, I never called her a racist. Why do some take the words of 1 or 2 people and blame an entire group?

The way I read this, she isn't saying you called her a racist. She's saying your claim makes about as much sense as calling her a racist. 

But while I'm here: Which one of you guys said something about knowing a lot about a person by the people they walk with? Rhetorical, you know.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 87

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Never in my life did I ever see anyone describe a reasonable request to document/prove one's argument in a debate as a male-female issue. This feels like the Fox Twilight Zone.,

I realize men do not, by and large, inhabit the planet of nuance, however, speaking only for myself here: I heard a bullying tone in the tarheel's words, and so would tend to support @Soosie's feeling of sexism. It is not so much in the request as it is in the manner the request was made. He's a man demanding something in a domineering (you could say bullying) manner of a woman. That's sexism, dude.

There are numerous men on this site that employ bullying tactics. (Though men do not own this market, I should say.) Six or so months back I blocked, screened and filtered them via account settings here and in my email account and now am able to ignore them one and all. Bliss, truth be told. (<- PS @Soosie I highly suggest this move, btw)

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 87

@Richva wrote:

It is a dumb bumper sticker but show me who you walk with and I will tell you who you are. Persons walking the Trump path have, invariably, turned out to be racist. 

See that? Because I voted for Trump and am not calling for his impeachment, I have just been called a racist by a person (giving the benefit of the doubt here) who does not know me, has never met me, knows next to nothing about how I spend my time and clearly only posts smack for fun.

Not. Worth. My. Time.  

PS Today is Get Outdoors Day. See if you can't drag your fanny away from screen long enough to see the sun, eh?  I'll be the one out there running backwards circles around you. Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

CAN'T WIN

Message 68 of 87

Soosie said,"Makes as much sense as calling me racist for any and everything I post ... .Shame on you people for whinning at me about your favorite president"

Why does Soosie keep making up stereotypes? Who are "you people"? 

To the best of my knowledge, I never called her a racist. Why do some take the words of 1 or 2 people and blame an entire group?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 87

Never in my life did I ever see anyone describe a reasonable request to document/prove one's argument in a debate as a male-female issue. This feels like the Fox Twilight Zone., @critical Thinking........Makes as much sense as calling me racist for any and everything I post. The only gripe I had with Obama was he was a ineffective leader and he drove me nuts with his "Uh" "Uh" when he spoke. I think I did once say Michelle needed to get in shape before she started her drive regarding school lunches. Shame on you people for whining at me about your favorite president. So, everyone didn't think he was wonderful. Get over it. Put your big boy and big girl shorts and panties on.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 87

@Soosie wrote:
@nctarheel......guess your demands of me are Tough T. I keep wondering why you as a male think you can DEMAND of me a female anything. I would call that sexist.

Because you are a woman you are not to be held to the same level of proof?  

Are you also a blond and should not be expected to be logical or intelligence then?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22