From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: CAN'T WIN

Message 11 of 87

@easyed598 wrote:

Centrists wrote-Lehman Brothers ceased operations well before Obama took office.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Friend of mine lost  $100,000 of his retirement with Lehman and he was part of a group that appeal to Obama and congress to reconsider a bailout after Obama took office,Not to the Company or the stockholders but to the investors. They felt it was unfair that Morgan Chase, Citgo  by funding them and others got to protect their investors but they were not. They got turned down cold but are still fighting  it  last I heard and hoping for at least a partial settlement.

So?  Many lost hundreds of thousands..blame Bush.  The crash occurred on his watch.....he bailed out the banks and didn't take care of your buddy.  Now you're whining Obama didn't bailout your friend?  LMAO! How many "friends" should have been "bailed out"?  It's laughable you complain Obama bailed out entities that he didn't and now your whining he didn't bail out your friend.  Can you see the hypocrisy?

Lesson to learn.....had adequate regulations been in place and all existing regulations enforced, the crash wouldn't have occurred.  This is Bushes and the GOP's "minimal regulations" at work.  You elected them....I blame you and your greedy self-centered party.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 87
thumb image

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 87

Centrists wrote-Lehman Brothers ceased operations well before Obama took office.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Friend of mine lost  $100,000 of his retirement with Lehman and he was part of a group that appeal to Obama and congress to reconsider a bailout after Obama took office,Not to the Company or the stockholders but to the investors. They felt it was unfair that Morgan Chase, Citgo  by funding them and others got to protect their investors but they were not. They got turned down cold but are still fighting  it  last I heard and hoping for at least a partial settlement.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 87

@Cirice wrote:

Says the admitted forum troll...

So anyone here who has an opinion contrary to their own is a 'troll'?  What about those who persistantly go around attempting to label those as a troll just to shut them down?

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 87

@Soosie wrote:

Never in my life did I ever see anyone describe a reasonable request to document/prove one's argument in a debate as a male-female issue. This feels like the Fox Twilight Zone., @critical Thinking........Makes as much sense as calling me racist for any and everything I post. The only gripe I had with Obama was he was a ineffective leader and he drove me nuts with his "Uh" "Uh" when he spoke. I think I did once say Michelle needed to get in shape before she started her drive regarding school lunches. Shame on you people for whining at me about your favorite president. So, everyone didn't think he was wonderful. Get over it. Put your big boy and big girl shorts and panties on.

Says the admitted forum troll...

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 87

@CS402050 wrote:

Always good for a laugh to see someone delete most of what was said so they can take somethiong out of context and make an incoherent comment that has nothing to do with anything.  As I said:

Can't help what you remember but the discussion I responded to was about Obama and if you're interested in facts and what the people who were there said, see the quote and reference below. 

Political bigots do have short memories and worse yet are the fools who have no memory or facts but want to pretend they know something about a subject.

"Rauchway recounts how Christina Romer, the first chair of Obama’s Council of Economic Advisors, came up with a number ($1.8 trillion), “based on arithmetic and data,” that she thought would be necessary to jumpstart the economy again. Given the sense of emergency at the time and the Democratic control of both houses of Congress, Obama could have used his rather large amount of political capital to authorize and then fight for a larger stimulus package, one which focused intensely on job creation and retention. But the star economist on his team, Lawrence Summers, disagreed with Romer and argued that the economy could be stabilized using a much smaller stimulus. Obama chose to go with Summers’s plan; the results of that decision would reverberate throughout his presidency."

Darling, you are speaking to a Republican that remembers quite correctly because it impacted my investments what happened and what was agreed by both candidates at that time. so if now you simply want to blame Obama that is ok by me. YOu are incorrect and I am right.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 87

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@CS402050 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@CS402050 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:
  1. I may be wrong, but I remember in the last months of the Bush Presidency when the economy was near collapsing. that he sat with McCain and Obama and actually requested that both support his plan for the bail out of the institutions to save the economy of the chaos that it was experiencing. 
    Like I said I may be wrong. but that is what I remember.

Right you are, Rker.  The political bigots have a short memory....

Bush Signs $700 BILLION Financial Bailout Bill

Can't help what you remember,,,,no, you can't.

but the discussion I responded to ....was, who cares?  I responded to Rker's post.

But thanks for your concern.....

Always good for a laugh,,,

Image result for troll radar

You're right.  It appears that you are.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 87

@CS402050 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@CS402050 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:
  1. I may be wrong, but I remember in the last months of the Bush Presidency when the economy was near collapsing. that he sat with McCain and Obama and actually requested that both support his plan for the bail out of the institutions to save the economy of the chaos that it was experiencing. 

but the discussion I responded to ....was, who cares?  I responded to Rker's post.

Always good for a laugh,,,

Image result for troll radar

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 87

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@CS402050 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Always good for a laugh to see someone delete most of what was said so they can take somethiong out of context and make an incoherent comment that has nothing to do with anything.  As I said:

Can't help what you remember but the discussion I responded to was about Obama and if you're interested in facts and what the people who were there said, see the quote and reference below. 

Political bigots do have short memories and worse yet are the fools who have no memory or facts but want to pretend they know something about a subject.

"Rauchway recounts how Christina Romer, the first chair of Obama’s Council of Economic Advisors, came up with a number ($1.8 trillion), “based on arithmetic and data,” that she thought would be necessary to jumpstart the economy again. Given the sense of emergency at the time and the Democratic control of both houses of Congress, Obama could have used his rather large amount of political capital to authorize and then fight for a larger stimulus package, one which focused intensely on job creation and retention. But the star economist on his team, Lawrence Summers, disagreed with Romer and argued that the economy could be stabilized using a much smaller stimulus. Obama chose to go with Summers’s plan; the results of that decision would reverberate throughout his presidency."

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 87

@CS402050 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors