From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: CAN'T WIN

Message 1 of 87

@Cirice wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Cirice wrote:

Says the admitted forum troll...

So anyone here who has an opinion contrary to their own is a 'troll'?  What about those who persistantly go around attempting to label those as a troll just to shut them down?

No. But when someone admits to posting in the forum only because they think it's fun to antagonize people, then "troll" is an accurate label.

That apparently describes some who does it without admitting it.  And there are those who make it about others rather than civily discussing the topic or issues of the day.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 87

@rk9152 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

CS402050
First of all do you think that you could delter all the previous post before your own so that the whole post becomes readable? it really would be appreciated.

and yes, you have your opinion and I have mine, I do believe what Bush did and said. you obviously don't.

You may have noticed that there was another poster involved in that chain who also did not "delter" previous posts.

wAS IS YOU  AND  I MISSED IT?

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 87

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Cirice wrote:

Says the admitted forum troll...

So anyone here who has an opinion contrary to their own is a 'troll'?  What about those who persistantly go around attempting to label those as a troll just to shut them down?

No. But when someone admits to posting in the forum only because they think it's fun to antagonize people, then "troll" is an accurate label.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 87

@rker321 wrote:

CS402050
First of all do you think that you could delter all the previous post before your own so that the whole post becomes readable? it really would be appreciated.

and yes, you have your opinion and I have mine, I do believe what Bush did and said. you obviously don't.

You may have noticed that there was another poster involved in that chain who also did not "delter" previous posts.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 87

@rker321 wrote:

CS402050

Let's see, I've said it three or four times now but let me try one last time.  I gave you a reference to what the people said WHO WERE THERE.  NOT MY OPINION.  Not anybody's opinion.  A RECOUNTING OF THE FACTS ACCORDING TO THE PEOPLE WHO WERE THERE AND ACTUALLY INVOLVED.  So unless you were there or involved in some way or have some special knowledge of the FACTS, what you "remember" is MEANINGLESS.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 87

CS402050

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 87

@rker321 wrote:

@CS402050 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@CS402050 wrote:

Always good for a laugh to see someone delete most of what was said so they can take somethiong out of context and make an incoherent comment that has nothing to do with anything.  As I said:

Can't help what you remember but the discussion I responded to was about Obama and if you're interested in facts and what the people who were there said, see the quote and reference below. 

Political bigots do have short memories and worse yet are the fools who have no memory or facts but want to pretend they know something about a subject.

"Rauchway recounts how Christina Romer, the first chair of Obama’s Council of Economic Advisors, came up with a number ($1.8 trillion), “based on arithmetic and data,” that she thought would be necessary to jumpstart the economy again. Given the sense of emergency at the time and the Democratic control of both houses of Congress, Obama could have used his rather large amount of political capital to authorize and then fight for a larger stimulus package, one which focused intensely on job creation and retention. But the star economist on his team, Lawrence Summers, disagreed with Romer and argued that the economy could be stabilized using a much smaller stimulus. Obama chose to go with Summers’s plan; the results of that decision would reverberate throughout his presidency."

Darling, you are speaking to a Republican that remembers quite correctly because it impacted my investments what happened and what was agreed by both candidates at that time. so if now you simply want to blame Obama that is ok by me. YOu are incorrect and I am right.

I posted what people said WHO WERE THERE.  You know, people who were in the White House making decisions.  So, unless you were Obama's chief of staff, what you "remember" is of little significance.

If Mc Cain would have won the presidency, he would have done the same thing that Obama did. it was agreed by both. to  agree and implement to that plan proposed by Bush. sorry  again, your sources apparently are somewhat partisan.

Neither you or I or anyone else knows what McCain would have done and speculating on what someone might have done is meaningless.  But we do know what Obama did and what I quoted was what HIS PEOPLE said.  It's not some partisan issue.  IT'S HIS ADVISERS. That regardless of what Bush did, HIS ADVISERS, presented him two plans to move forward and, in retrospect, he chose the wrong one.

I don't believe anything can be more clear than that, so good luck on your future endeavors.  It sounds like you'll need it.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 87

I have no intention to waste my time researching now in the Internet the famous meeting that took place in the wH and in which both candidates MCCain and Obama were present and how Bush presented his plan to a lot of other people What is was clear that our economy and a crash needed to be averted. and Bush did his best to save this country from a total collapse.
That was the reason of why he had both candidates in that meeting, he didn't know who would win the elections, therefore, he needed someone to complete the proposed plan and both men agreed to it.

So. if any of you want to research any of this, please do so.  I will not waste my time trying to convince a couple of  people that apparently know nothing about nothing.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 87

@CS402050 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@CS402050 wrote:

Always good for a laugh to see someone delete most of what was said so they can take somethiong out of context and make an incoherent comment that has nothing to do with anything.  As I said:

Can't help what you remember but the discussion I responded to was about Obama and if you're interested in facts and what the people who were there said, see the quote and reference below. 

Political bigots do have short memories and worse yet are the fools who have no memory or facts but want to pretend they know something about a subject.

"Rauchway recounts how Christina Romer, the first chair of Obama’s Council of Economic Advisors, came up with a number ($1.8 trillion), “based on arithmetic and data,” that she thought would be necessary to jumpstart the economy again. Given the sense of emergency at the time and the Democratic control of both houses of Congress, Obama could have used his rather large amount of political capital to authorize and then fight for a larger stimulus package, one which focused intensely on job creation and retention. But the star economist on his team, Lawrence Summers, disagreed with Romer and argued that the economy could be stabilized using a much smaller stimulus. Obama chose to go with Summers’s plan; the results of that decision would reverberate throughout his presidency."

Darling, you are speaking to a Republican that remembers quite correctly because it impacted my investments what happened and what was agreed by both candidates at that time. so if now you simply want to blame Obama that is ok by me. YOu are incorrect and I am right.

I posted what people said WHO WERE THERE.  You know, people who were in the White House making decisions.  So, unless you were Obama's chief of staff, what you "remember" is of little significance.

If Mc Cain would have won the presidency, he would have done the same thing that Obama did. it was agreed by both. to  agree and implement to that plan proposed by Bush. sorry  again, your sources apparently are somewhat partisan.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 87

@rker321 wrote:

@CS402050 wrote:

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors