Find answers to your Social Security questions in the AARP Social Security resource center.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

CAN'T WIN

Message 71 of 87

Never in my life did I ever see anyone describe a reasonable request to document/prove one's argument in a debate as a male-female issue. This feels like the Fox Twilight Zone.,

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: CAN'T WIN

Message 72 of 87
@nctarheel......guess your demands of me are Tough T. I keep wondering why you as a male think you can DEMAND of me a female anything. I would call that sexist.
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 87

easyed598:  His reluctance to provide his birth certificate for many years was the main reason people doubted him. Trump embarrassed him into providing it even before he was running for president.

President Obama was a US citizen born in Hawaii to an American mother. Period. This was a conspiracy theory with no purpose but to stir up conservative racists who were livid at the notion of a black president. No birth certificate was required to prove it except for the gullible people who fell for the absurd stories being spread. And Trump didn't embarrass him, it was the other way around. Or didn't you catch President Obama making Trump look like an unhinged jack* at the correspondents dinner? Trump has been smarting from that ever since.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 87

@easyed598 wrote:

Critical wrote-Those who disagreed with President Obama's policies were not called racists. However, what we saw were tons of references to terms like Kenyan Muslim and other racial slurs, etc which had nothing to do with policies.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------His reluctance to provide his birth certificate for many years was the main reason people doubted him. Trump embarrassed him into providing it even before he was running for president. Another example of Can`t Win from the lefties come from Bill Maher and show how desperate the Far Left Loonies want to get rid of Trump.---Bill Maher is 'hoping for' an economic collapse so he can 'get rid of Trump': 'Sorry if that hurts p...

He provided his official birth certificate in June 2008, soon after the issue came up. That didn't stop the right from demanding it for almost eight years. He even asked Hawaii to provide the so-called 'long-form' birth certificate, which they did. But that STILL wasn't sufficient for those on the right.

Now where is Donald Trump's birth certificate? Does he even have one?

I don't recall that John McCain ever provided his birth certificate for everyone who wanted to see it. In fact, I don't believe any prior Presidential candidate was required to provide a copy of their birth certificate for everyone to view.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 87

@easyed598 wrote:

Critical wrote-Those who disagreed with President Obama's policies were not called racists. However, what we saw were tons of references to terms like Kenyan Muslim and other racial slurs, etc which had nothing to do with policies.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------His reluctance to provide his birth certificate for many years was the main reason people doubted him. Trump embarrassed him into providing it even before he was running for president. Another example of Can`t Win from the lefties come from Bill Maher and show how desperate the Far Left Loonies want to get rid of Trump.---Bill Maher is 'hoping for' an economic collapse so he can 'get rid of Trump': 'Sorry if that hurts p...

Asking for Obama's birth certificate was racist in itself.  People who believed and perpetuated this smear campaign were obsessed with the fact he had a Kenyan father and COMPLETELY disregarded the fact he had an American mother.  And that's all it takes to be an American by birth.   Regardless of who his father was, or his father's status, or even where Obama may have been born, Obama has birthright American citizenship through his mother.   Look at Ted Cruz was born to an American mother and a Cuban father in Canada, and is considered natural born.  So why isn't Obama, who had a similar parentage (American mother, immigrant father), but who was actually born on American soil, not considered American born by many? 

And I didn't see people getting as worked up over John McCain or Ted Cruz?    Why'd you all focus on Obama?  And for so long?  

So I'm sure you could understand a black man not wanting to bow to repeated racist requests from white men?   If you want to see presidential candidates' birth certificates, make it a mandate for ALL of them.  Not just the black one. 

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/the-administration/158305-its-not-the-birth-certificate-stupid...

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 87

Image result for judge judy gifs

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 87

It is a dumb bumper sticker but show me who you walk with and I will tell you who you are. Persons walking the Trump path have, invariably, turned out to be racist. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 87

@nctarheel wrote:

When challenged about the truthfulness of that statement, there has been complete silence.

A suggestion via meme for @Soosie

Don't Waste Words.png

Obvs, poweful here should be powerful, but whatever. This meme maker took the words right outta my mouth.  Have a blessed day. Soosie, and thanks for sharing the laughs. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 87

Soosie,  Although I have already posted that people in this message board are not stupid and yes, some are quite partisan. you do't seem to want to believe that.

Your posts indicate that you feel that you can bait all and that people will answer you in order to start an argument.
Your post is quite silly,  the reason that you may now be called a racist, is because unfortunately we do have a President that apparently  is one.
So now you bait people to try to show how wrong your are.

Well, not me. I will not provide you with an answer,  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 87

He was President, he said he was a citizen and that should have been the end of it. He comes a low life Hotel builder who says other wise and he has to prove it. I agree, being black was the problem that caused the stir of providing a birth certificate. BUT, people always seem to forget, he was HALF WHITE, he will always be black and HALF WHITE so people just need to get over always throwing black around. He was a well educated, highly versed, had an adult vocabulary, knew how to speak from the heart, did not read from notes, and mature enough not to call others stupid silly names, he was a great President. He was all that The Donald is NOT.

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22