Esteemed Social Butterfly

CA Governor Newsom Praises Trump's Virus Response

"Democratic California Gov. Gavin Newsom praised the Trump Administration’s response to the Coronavirus outbreak Monday.

“We had a private conversation, but he said ‘We’re gonna do the right thing’ and ‘You have my support,'” Newsom said. “All of our support, logistically, and otherwise.”

“He said everything that I could have hoped for,” Newsom added. “Every single thing he said they followed through on.”

Newsom offered additional praise for Vice President Mike Pence, who is leading the White House’s Coronavirus task force.  Newsom said the administration has been helpful in “repatriating” passengers who were returning to the state from cruises. (RELATED: ‘We’re Ready For Anything’: Pence Re-Assures CPAC About Trump)

WATCH:

“Every single thing his administration-and it starts at the top, including the vice president-has been ‘consistent with the expectation that we’d repatriate these passengers,” He added.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/10/gavin-newsom-praises-trump-response-coronavirus/

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

The very first thing you learn when dealing with the regressives is to fact check everything they say. Especially when they are bragging. They have so little to brag about that embellishment comes easy, not to mention just plain lying.  

'That's not what I said': Gavin Newsom tells his version of phone call with Trump

California Governor Gavin Newsom denied calling President Donald Trump a "great president" and "one of the smartest people" he's ever met during a private phone call with the president.

During a Monday night appearance on CNN's Anderson Cooper 360, Newsom laughed off Trump's description of what happened on the phone call.

“You can’t make this up... that’s not what I said.”

California Gov. @GavinNewsom says Pres. Trump mischaracterized a phone call they shared, suggesting he did not call Trump “one of the smartest people I’ve ever met,” as Trump publicly claimed.

"You can't make this up," Newsom chuckled. "I called the president because I wanted to extend him my appreciation —I've said this publicly not just privately— of his visit out here to Butte County, we've had these historic wildfires out here primarily because of climate change and I wanted to express the fact that the people in those communities were grateful to him, and I was grateful to him."

https://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/Gavin-Newsom-Trump-phone-call-great-president-CPAC-13680699.... 

Social Butterfly

@Richva wrote:

The very first thing you learn when dealing with the regressives is to fact check everything they say. Especially when they are bragging. They have so little to brag about that embellishment comes easy, not to mention just plain lying.  

'That's not what I said': Gavin Newsom tells his version of phone call with Trump

California Governor Gavin Newsom denied calling President Donald Trump a "great president" and "one of the smartest people" he's ever met during a private phone call with the president.

During a Monday night appearance on CNN's Anderson Cooper 360, Newsom laughed off Trump's description of what happened on the phone call.

California Gov. @GavinNewsom says Pres. Trump mischaracterized a phone call they shared, suggesting he did not call Trump “one of the smartest people I’ve ever met,” as Trump publicly claimed.

"You can't make this up," Newsom chuckled. "I called the president because I wanted to extend him my appreciation —I've said this publicly not just privately— of his visit out here to Butte County, we've had these historic wildfires out here primarily because of climate change and I wanted to express the fact that the people in those communities were grateful to him, and I was grateful to him."

https://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/Gavin-Newsom-Trump-phone-call-great-president-CPAC-13680699.... 

For the record, I did not call Trump "God" when I spoke to him last week. I did not say his handling of the coronavirus epidemic was so effective that he showed the miraculous powers of a divine being. I also did not say that people he touched were instantly cured not only of the the virus, but also of blindness, Aids, leprosy, shingles, dandruff, and bad grammar.

Lastly, I did not say the DOW would rise to 50,000 points if Trump were named president-for-life. Thank you.

Honored Social Butterfly

Richva:     “You can’t make this up... that’s not what I said.”

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Honored Social Butterfly

@Richva wrote:

Oops !!!!!!

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png