Looking for work? The U.S. Census Bureau is hiring more than 500,000 people nationwide. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Buttigieg, a gay Christian, is driving the religious right nuts

Message 31 of 49
Don't bother to thank me. Happy to look this stuff up for you. @Richva....................I see your example citing Franklin Graham, but it would be more meaningful if you posted your Bible verse that states it is OK for a man to marry a man.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 49

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Pete Buttigieg, a gay Christian, is driving the religious right nuts

I saw no "nut driving". I did see a difference in opinion regarding biblical interpretation from Graham.

Can you point to the "nut driving" you saw in this situation?

I don't do Sects,  I only respect religions.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 49

Regressives have lost the "Culture Wars" and many voted for Donny Bonespurs, a foul-mouthed, adulterous whoremonger, because they listened to his rants and decided he would work to fight against women, gays, non-whites and non-Christians. They were right about gutless don, but donny's behavior is costing them votes from the Independents as demonstrated by the midterms.

Considering how long the Watergate investigation took to get Nixon out of office (21 months) and knowing donny will never resign, working to remove him and his cryptonazi supporters with ballots will get the job done in the least possible time.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 49

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Still waiting for examples of the "nut driving" in the fraudulent title.

Don't bother to thank me. Happy to look this stuff up for you. 

Franklin Graham

Mayor Buttigieg says he’s a gay Christian. As a Christian I believe the Bible which defines homosexuality as sin, something to be repentant of, not something to be flaunted, praised or politicized. The Bible says marriage is between a man & a woman—not two men, not two women. 2/3

Comments from leaders like Graham, a supporter of Trump who is now saying Buttigieg's interpretation of faith is flawed, will complicate Pence's argument that his own faith is being targeted by Buttigieg.

Far-right blogger/radio host Erick Erickson has been attacking Buttigieg for the specific type of Protestant Christianity he embraces: Buttigieg is Episcopalian. While Presidential Donald Trump is popular among Christian fundamentalists, Episcopalians exemplify what is known as “Mainline Protestantism” among Christians—that is, a non-fundamentalist form of Protestantism. And Erickson, on Twitter, posted last week that Episcopalians aren’t real Christians.

Fox News’ Laura Ingraham questioned Buttigieg’s religiosity as well, scoffing, “He says he’s a traditional Episcopalian, whatever that means these days.” And Robert Jeffress, a Christian fundamentalist advisor to Trump, complained that Buttigieg “wants to shove evangelical Christians into the closet.”

Buttigieg might spend a lot more time in church than Trump, but that is irrelevant to the Christian Right, which has view everything through a tribalist lens. To the Christian Right, anyone who doesn’t embrace their specific version of Christianity is an infidel.

Graham is an instance of what I referred to earlier as alternate biblical interpretations.

I am not familiar with Erickson. If you are a regular fan, I'll have to take your word for his being "religious right" and "driven nuts".

As to Ingraham and Jeffers, they were expressing their view of what is occurring within organized religions today. Again, no "nuts driving".

How much time the President spends in church is certainly not a factor in the fraudulent title.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 49

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Well, you have had to post several times but still miss the point. If you think the title is "fraudulent" then prove it.

The proof is obvious - no one has provided any examples of the claimed "nut driving".

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 49

@rk9152 wrote:

Don't bother to thank me. Happy to look this stuff up for you. 

Franklin Graham

Mayor Buttigieg says he’s a gay Christian. As a Christian I believe the Bible which defines homosexuality as sin, something to be repentant of, not something to be flaunted, praised or politicized. The Bible says marriage is between a man & a woman—not two men, not two women. 2/3

Comments from leaders like Graham, a supporter of Trump who is now saying Buttigieg's interpretation of faith is flawed, will complicate Pence's argument that his own faith is being targeted by Buttigieg.

Far-right blogger/radio host Erick Erickson has been attacking Buttigieg for the specific type of Protestant Christianity he embraces: Buttigieg is Episcopalian. While Presidential Donald Trump is popular among Christian fundamentalists, Episcopalians exemplify what is known as “Mainline Protestantism” among Christians—that is, a non-fundamentalist form of Protestantism. And Erickson, on Twitter, posted last week that Episcopalians aren’t real Christians.

Fox News’ Laura Ingraham questioned Buttigieg’s religiosity as well, scoffing, “He says he’s a traditional Episcopalian, whatever that means these days.” And Robert Jeffress, a Christian fundamentalist advisor to Trump, complained that Buttigieg “wants to shove evangelical Christians into the closet.”

Buttigieg might spend a lot more time in church than Trump, but that is irrelevant to the Christian Right, which has view everything through a tribalist lens. To the Christian Right, anyone who doesn’t embrace their specific version of Christianity is an infidel.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 49

I bet Mike Pence thinks he’s cute.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 49

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Well, you have had to post several times but still miss the point. If you think the title is "fraudulent" then prove it.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 49

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 49

@Soosie wrote:

Does this make him qualified for President?  I had no idea that sexual preference was  any part of the selection.  Seems that would make it sexist.

Of course not. Only an idiot would use sexual preference as a qualifier on deciding a persons qualifications for president.  The subject is how tough it is making it for the Religious Right to  hide its hypocrisy, Like everyone else, he should be judged on his qualifications.  Don't you agree? 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors