AARP and the photographers of Magnum Photos look at older people living in new ways around the world in A New Age.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Buttigieg, a gay Christian, is driving the religious right nuts

Message 21 of 49

@rker321 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
Don't bother to thank me. Happy to look this stuff up for you. @Richva....................I see your example citing Franklin Graham, but it would be more meaningful if you posted your Bible verse that states it is OK for a man to marry a man.

I so wish that I could compete in the verse completion but as a Catholic, we don't do verses either or  commit them to memory. But I can tell you that we do know what is right and wrong/

But just don't care?  Pedophilia anyone?
Remember, that the Catholic church has gone thru a lot of even bigger and horrible things than pedophilia. and yet it has survived. So has dirt.

I am not excusing the actions by many of the priests any more that I excuse the Inquisition. or the wars that they started and executed during the many years that this religion has existed. Good. but.

Remember, what men in any religion do, does not make the foundation of that religion. Agreed.  Yet the Catholic priests knew the difference between "right and wrong", didn't they?  But they just didn't care.  Or did they?  Have Catholics held the church accountable?  Men, are men, and will do always many bad things, but the foundations of any religion will survive because it does not depend on them.  Agreed, but you said Catholics knew the difference between "right and wrong".  That implies all Catholics....sorry, Catholics aren't any better than any other religion.

Signed,

A recovered Catholic

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 49

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
Don't bother to thank me. Happy to look this stuff up for you. @Richva....................I see your example citing Franklin Graham, but it would be more meaningful if you posted your Bible verse that states it is OK for a man to marry a man.

I so wish that I could compete in the verse completion but as a Catholic, we don't do verses either or  commit them to memory. But I can tell you that we do know what is right and wrong/

Remember, that the Catholic church has gone thru a lot of even bigger and horrible things than pedophilia. and yet it has survived.
 I am not excusing the actions by many of the priests any more that I excuse the Inquisition. or the wars that they started and executed during the many years that this religion has existed. but.

Remember, what men in any religion do, does not make the foundation of that religion. Men, are men, and will do always many bad things, but the foundations of any religion will survive because it does not depend on them.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 49

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

It would be very meaningful for you to post where in the US Constitution that states that we must all follow the Bible.

You could also try to find where in the Bible (specifically the New Testament) where it specifically says who are allowed to marry,

Image result for standing ovation gif

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 49

@rker321 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 49

@Soosie wrote:

I see your example citing Franklin Graham, but it would be more meaningful if you posted your Bible verse that states it is OK for a man to marry a man.

It is also worthy to note WHO was the first to insert a Bible comment in a political topic...

I heard it's right after the verse that say's hypocrites are the "chosen one's". Poor Mike Pence.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 49

@Richva wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

Does this make him qualified for President?  I had no idea that sexual preference was  any part of the selection.  Seems that would make it sexist.

Of course not. Only an idiot would use sexual preference as a qualifier on deciding a persons qualifications for president.  Indeed!!!  The subject is how tough it is making it for the Religious Right to  hide its hypocrisy, Absolutely!!! 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 49

@Soosie wrote:

Does this make him qualified for President?  Did anyone suggest it did? I had no idea that sexual preference was  any part of the selection. Another strawman.... Seems that would make it sexist. Only in the eye's of a few....

But thanks for asking....

Image result for lmao gif

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 49

@Soosie wrote:

RK asked for examples of the Religious Right going nuts about the Mayor.  I actually quoted his question. 

Don't bother to thank me. I am happy to correct any misconceptions. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 49

@Soosie wrote:

It would be very meaningful for you to post where in the US Constitution that states that we must all follow the Bible.

You could also try to find where in the Bible (specifically the New Testament) where it specifically says who are allowed to marry,

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 49

@Soosie wrote:

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors