Getting ready to enroll in Medicare? AARP’s Medicare Made Easy has the resources you need to help you make the right choices.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Buttigieg, a gay Christian, is driving the religious right nuts

Message 11 of 49

Oh the silly nonsense from those who prefer playing games over having an adult conversation....oh well, some things never change.

Image result for falling in the rabbit hole gif

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 49

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

Does this make him qualified for President?  Did anyone suggest it did? I had no idea that sexual preference was  any part of the selection. Another strawman.... Seems that would make it sexist. Only in the eye's of a few....

But thanks for asking....

Image result for lmao gif

Yes, little lady, I too think that "nuts driving" nonsense from the op is funny.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 49

@Richva wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
Don't bother to thank me. Happy to look this stuff up for you. @Richva....................I see your example citing Franklin Graham, but it would be more meaningful if you posted your Bible verse that states it is OK for a man to marry a man.

RK asked for examples of the Religious Right going nuts about the Mayor.  I actually quoted his question. 

Don't bother to thank me. I am happy to correct any misconceptions. 

Yes, he did - he read the topic but saw no examples of "nuts driving" and inquired. And, as yet, he has not received a response from the OP or anyone else about the "nuts driving".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 49

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Regressives have lost the "Culture Wars" and many voted for Donny Bonespurs, a foul-mouthed, adulterous whoremonger, because they listened to his rants and decided he would work to fight against women, gays, non-whites and non-Christians. They were right about gutless don, but donny's behavior is costing them votes from the Independents as demonstrated by the midterms.

Considering how long the Watergate investigation took to get Nixon out of office (21 months) and knowing donny will never resign, working to remove him and his cryptonazi supporters with ballots will get the job done in the least possible time.

What has all that offensive trash talk to do with someone supposedly being driven nuts (the topic)?

He was just pointing out how Buttigieg's moral position is much superior to Trump's. Like me, he does not like having a Russian operative in the White House and it can make you a bit testy. 

How so? I didn't see Buttleg's name in his post.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 49

@rker321 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Pete Buttigieg, a gay Christian, is driving the religious right nuts

I saw no "nut driving". I did see a difference in opinion regarding biblical interpretation from Graham.

Can you point to the "nut driving" you saw in this situation?

I don't do Sects, 

I assume that was a spelling error and it does explain the anger and frustration.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 49

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Regressives have lost the "Culture Wars" and many voted for Donny Bonespurs, a foul-mouthed, adulterous whoremonger, because they listened to his rants and decided he would work to fight against women, gays, non-whites and non-Christians. They were right about gutless don, but donny's behavior is costing them votes from the Independents as demonstrated by the midterms.

Considering how long the Watergate investigation took to get Nixon out of office (21 months) and knowing donny will never resign, working to remove him and his cryptonazi supporters with ballots will get the job done in the least possible time.

What has all that offensive trash talk to do with someone supposedly being driven nuts (the topic)?

He was just pointing out how Buttigieg's moral position is much superior to Trump's. Like me, he does not like having a Russian operative in the White House and it can make you a bit testy. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 49

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 49

@rker321 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Agreed, but you said Catholics knew the difference between "right and wrong".  That implies all Catholics....sorry, Catholics aren't any better than any other religion.

Signed,

Of course they knew what they were doing was wrong. no excuse, and they did have the knowledge of right and wrong but men will do bad things knowing fully that they are wrong. Couldn't agree more....I am not excusing those priests, any more that I am excusing the Borgies or any other matter in the Catholic church that was done by the men in it.
But the men in any religion are not the ones that are the the ones that tell us what our religions  should be or not. Religions have foundations.  and the actions of a few has never made a full religion.  Yep!  But the CHURCH FAILED it's followers and tried to cover it up.  Dispicable!  I am lucky that I can separate the actions of the men in it with what is a religion.  You'll be even luckier if you acknowledge the failings of the church (I know....."men" running the institution).  Smiley Wink

Like addressed previously, Christianity isn't hypocritical, just some of the men and women.  Catholicism isn't hypocritical, but the church sure is.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 49

I  would have thought God would have been more specific in the Ten Commandments. It just says "Thou shall not commit adultery" but nothing about same sex marriage.  Probably one of the reasons the Religious Right goes crazy about the Mayor. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 49

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Agreed, but you said Catholics knew the difference between "right and wrong".  That implies all Catholics....sorry, Catholics aren't any better than any other religion.

Signed,

Of course they knew what they were doing was wrong. no excuse, and they did have the knowledge of right and wrong but men will do bad things knowing fully that they are wrong. I am not excusing those priests, any more that I am excusing the Borgies or any other matter in the Catholic church that was done by the men in it.
But the men in any religion are not the ones that are the the ones that tell us what our religions  should be or not. Religions have foundations.  and the actions of a few has never made a full religion.   I am lucky that I can separate the actions of the men in it with what is a religion.

Kudos
Views