Your pain isn't like anyone else's, and science is homing in on better treatments. Read about the newest ways to break pain's grip.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Bundy's and those occupying federal building get government hand outs

Message 31 of 48

I have land in cattle country where people who own livestock have to pay for land to put cattle on.  Either by purchase or leasing they don't own near the cattle these freeloaders in Oregon do.  This is Federal land where bison, wild mustangs, and wolf are supposed to have a refuge.  But these freeloaders kill everything that is not their cattle, making a living off your tax dollars that support these lands.  They are criminals who all belong in jail and need to start leasing or buying land to put their cattle on or get out of the free ride they have had for so long.  That is when their jail time is over.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 48
Tx posted..

But you said that "the Bundy's have good reasons why they are protesting". What good reason do they have?

===========================================

Google it.
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 48

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Tx posted..

You have to be kidding. There are several wildlife refuges in our area. What gives the government the right to keep us from using it for our own purposes?

Basically you are saying that the government should turn all this land over to certain private individuals to exploit and lay to waste that land?

==============================================

No I did not say what you posted !

You need to read up why they are protesting ...you might not like that but they have right to protest but they do not have the right to take over federal property.

I did read up on their historic reason for protesting. Thats exactly why they are protesting..federal encroachment onto private property. Is the POINT of the protest legit? maybe it IS. I'll say it again..at its core.. the BLM protest is legit too. The reason? federal mistreatment. See a connection? well..yeah..the govt mistreating citizens rights. Its the methods we disagree with.  What if, instead of protesting this year, they got together and found common ground and fought together? WHat if every group with a grievance did that? CHange would occur. Thats why the govt and its media wing work to keep these groups small and separate..to protect govt/corporate control. Think about it a minute before you post a knee jerk.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 48

"

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Tx posted..

You have to be kidding. There are several wildlife refuges in our area. What gives the government the right to keep us from using it for our own purposes?

Basically you are saying that the government should turn all this land over to certain private individuals to exploit and lay to waste that land?

No I did not say what you posted "The Bundy's have good reasons why they are protesting.

You need to read up why they are protesting ...you might not like that but they have right to protest but they do not have the right to take over federal property.

But you said that "the Bundy's have good reasons why they are protesting".  What good reason do they have? 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 48
Tx posted..

No I did not say what you posted !

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 48

@KidBoy2 wrote:

The Bundy's have good reasons why they are protesting.

You have to be kidding.   There are several wildlife refuges in our area.   What gives the government the right to keep us from using it for our own purposes? 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 48
lk152 posted...

Nearly every part of the Bundy family’s business is funded by government welfare programs.

============================================

So a small business loan is a welfare program.

Using that criteria getting a VA loan for a home you would call a welfare program...and home loans form FHA would be a welfare program.

You seem to make up what is a welfare program to support your view.

That said I think its time for the Feds to take back the buildings.

The Bundy's have good reasons why they are protesting.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 48

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Yep, lots of history about this stuff. Here's a link I posted in the other topic about this, it contains a lot of information:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/oregon-standoff-armed-protesters-political-reaction-yallqaeda-n4...

RE: the political reaction from the story

Would have to applaud Ted Cruz' statement. It's the first sensible thing I ever heard from him.

Trump, ever the egomaniac, sees them as "respected", no surprise.

And Carson remains ever clueless...

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 48

@rk9152 wrote:

I'm lost here, fellas. Is the point that anyone engaged in a business that the government subsidizes must surrender rights held by other citizens? No. It's called biting the hand that feeds you.

An aside - "good 'ole boys" - is that racist?? Actually, I wouldn't call them "good 'ole boys" because that is being too nice. They are criminals occupying federal lands by use of firearms and threatening violence. I'd call them terrorists.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 48

You are indeed lost. You're the only one on this thread to suggest getting Gov't handouts requires surrendering other rights - you did it here and when you supported drug testing for welfare recipients and identity testing for poor voters

scout - might you have a specific post to make that point. Or, is it your mind reading trick again??

As for it being racist, no, because the use of "boy" is different from the way RWNJs use the term.

Do we have a different dictionary for different people dependent on their political ideology - dependent on whether or not they can properly spell Fox and Limbaugh??

Kudos
Views