Open enrollment for the ACA health insurance marketplace ends Saturday! There's still time to sign up or change your plan.

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
85
Views

Re: Brett Kavanaugh confirmed as a Supreme Court justice, cementing conservative control of the nati

85 Views
Message 1 of 51

Kavanaugh Disappointed to Discover Supreme Court Has No Happy Hour


WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In a setback for the newest Associate Justice on his first day at work, Brett Kavanaugh said on Tuesday that he was “very disappointed” to learn that the Supreme Court does not have a happy hour.


Kavanaugh told reporters that he made the horrifying discovery as the clock ticked down to 5 p.m. and “everyone was still in their offices working and stuff.”
“I mean, I couldn’t believe it,” Kavanaugh said. “I had been busting my tail for six hours, and I needed to blow off some steam.”


Ruth Bader Ginsburg was the member of the Court who delivered the bad news to Kavanaugh. “When she told me, I guess I started crying a bit, which I now regret,” he said. “She just kind of closed her office door and went back to work or whatever.”


Kavanaugh’s unpleasant discovery that the Supreme Court has “absolutely no drink specials” has left him wondering if his bruising confirmation battle “was even worth it.”


https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/kavanaugh-disappointed-to-discover-supreme-court-has...

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
85
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
131
Views

Re: Brett Kavanaugh confirmed as a Supreme Court justice, cementing conservative control of the nati

131 Views
Message 2 of 51

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 


"Consent is ambiguous" addresses the larger picture of which Ford could be considered an element. Two people meet in a bar or two friends get together for dinner. One thing leads to another and they end up in the sack. They both enjoy themselves - I hear that men and women both enjoy sex.
However, was there consent? Can she say 2-3 days later (for whatever reason) that she did not give consent?

Wow. So now you're saying Dr. Ford consented to letting Kavanaugh grope her?? Because if you are, then that would not only prove Dr Ford lied, but Kavanaugh lied too, because he said he's never met her.

 

And where in Dr. Ford's testimony, was it ever shown she gave consent to any sexual act to anyone, regardless of any level of ambiguity? Because for you to keep attributing it to her is spurious at best, without any context. So where is that in her testimony?

 

 


Could you please stop spinning everything I post and simple stick to the basics. "Consent" is really not all that easy to determine retroactively - period. Can we agree on that?

 

As to the specifics of Ford/Kavanaugh - consent is not an issue since he says he wasn't there and her claimed  witnesses do not confirm his presence.


I can't agree with you on that. And I don't really have time to research today to see if the law makes exceptions for consent based on whether someone was impaired at the time - and impairment can be from many things - alcohol, drugs, concussions, emotional distress, etc. I'm sure there'd have to be something, because wills and other legal papers signed by drunk people etc can be contested and nullified. I'll look it up when I get a chance.

 

Totally off-topic, but, does hurricane Michael have you in its sights? Please, be safe.

 

 


Michael is by-passing us - staying out in the Gulf. Thank you for your thoughts.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
131
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
146
Views

Re: Brett Kavanaugh confirmed as a Supreme Court justice, cementing conservative control of the nati

146 Views
Message 3 of 51

@Richva wrote:

Ah, the sweet smell of eletion victory.  Adolph Hitler wrote about it extensively, you know. But hey, he was not a child rapist. 


Adolph wasn't a child rapist, are you sure about that? If you're correct it would be the only crime he wasn't guilty of. I am not a fan of Kavanaugh and I think he doesn't belong on the Supreme Court for a multitude of reasons. A rush to judgment of any man's guilt because he is accused of rape is just as bad as saying she deserved it because of how she was dressed. No woman should ever be subjected to a sexual assault for any reason. No means no! At the same time, a person man or woman is presumed innocent until proven guilty. For justice to be served requires an honest through investigation without undue influence from anyone. When politics is involved. honesty is a rare and elusive commodity.    

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
146
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
170
Views

Re: Brett Kavanaugh confirmed as a Supreme Court justice, cementing conservative control of the nati

170 Views
Message 4 of 51

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 


"Consent is ambiguous" addresses the larger picture of which Ford could be considered an element. Two people meet in a bar or two friends get together for dinner. One thing leads to another and they end up in the sack. They both enjoy themselves - I hear that men and women both enjoy sex.
However, was there consent? Can she say 2-3 days later (for whatever reason) that she did not give consent?

Wow. So now you're saying Dr. Ford consented to letting Kavanaugh grope her?? Because if you are, then that would not only prove Dr Ford lied, but Kavanaugh lied too, because he said he's never met her.

 

And where in Dr. Ford's testimony, was it ever shown she gave consent to any sexual act to anyone, regardless of any level of ambiguity? Because for you to keep attributing it to her is spurious at best, without any context. So where is that in her testimony?

 

 


Could you please stop spinning everything I post and simple stick to the basics. "Consent" is really not all that easy to determine retroactively - period. Can we agree on that?

 

As to the specifics of Ford/Kavanaugh - consent is not an issue since he says he wasn't there and her claimed  witnesses do not confirm his presence.


I can't agree with you on that. And I don't really have time to research today to see if the law makes exceptions for consent based on whether someone was impaired at the time - and impairment can be from many things - alcohol, drugs, concussions, emotional distress, etc. I'm sure there'd have to be something, because wills and other legal papers signed by drunk people etc can be contested and nullified. I'll look it up when I get a chance.

 

Totally off-topic, but, does hurricane Michael have you in its sights? Please, be safe.

 

 

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
170
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
185
Views

Re: Brett Kavanaugh confirmed as a Supreme Court justice, cementing conservative control of the nati

185 Views
Message 5 of 51

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 


"Consent is ambiguous" addresses the larger picture of which Ford could be considered an element. Two people meet in a bar or two friends get together for dinner. One thing leads to another and they end up in the sack. They both enjoy themselves - I hear that men and women both enjoy sex.
However, was there consent? Can she say 2-3 days later (for whatever reason) that she did not give consent?

Wow. So now you're saying Dr. Ford consented to letting Kavanaugh grope her?? Because if you are, then that would not only prove Dr Ford lied, but Kavanaugh lied too, because he said he's never met her.

 

And where in Dr. Ford's testimony, was it ever shown she gave consent to any sexual act to anyone, regardless of any level of ambiguity? Because for you to keep attributing it to her is spurious at best, without any context. So where is that in her testimony?

 

 


Could you please stop spinning everything I post and simple stick to the basics. "Consent" is really not all that easy to determine retroactively - period. Can we agree on that?

 

As to the specifics of Ford/Kavanaugh - consent is not an issue since he says he wasn't there and her claimed  witnesses do not confirm his presence.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
185
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
206
Views

Re: Brett Kavanaugh confirmed as a Supreme Court justice, cementing conservative control of the nati

206 Views
Message 6 of 51

@rk9152 wrote:

 


"Consent is ambiguous" addresses the larger picture of which Ford could be considered an element. Two people meet in a bar or two friends get together for dinner. One thing leads to another and they end up in the sack. They both enjoy themselves - I hear that men and women both enjoy sex.
However, was there consent? Can she say 2-3 days later (for whatever reason) that she did not give consent?

Wow. So now you're saying Dr. Ford consented to letting Kavanaugh grope her?? Because if you are, then that would not only prove Dr Ford lied, but Kavanaugh lied too, because he said he's never met her.

 

And where in Dr. Ford's testimony, was it ever shown she gave consent to any sexual act to anyone, regardless of any level of ambiguity? Because for you to keep attributing it to her is spurious at best, without any context. So where is that in her testimony?

 

 

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
206
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
218
Views

Re: Brett Kavanaugh confirmed as a Supreme Court justice, cementing conservative control of the nati

218 Views
Message 7 of 51

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

I'm not making up anything. I didn't say consent is ambiguous. Nor did I say you did. I didn't say women will call it rape if a man doesn't call within two weeks. Nor did I say you did. I didn't imply that drinking negates consent.Nor did I say you did. And I didn't suggest that the passage of time makes a crime less criminal, and encourages women to make false allegations because we're all just vindictive little snips. Nor did I say you did.

 

You are obviously mad at Kavanaugh for having assaulted Ford. Yet there is no evidence that he did. So, that raises the question why and makes my point about "consent" being ambiguous. 

 


 


I'm not mad at Kavanaugh, I'm disgusted by his conduct, both as a younger man, and as a nominee for the Supreme Court. Had Hillary, who he fingered in yet another right wing conspiracy, screamed and cried like he did, I never would have voted for her. He does not have the temperament for the job any more than you or I do, rk.

 

And are we really surprised that Dr. Ford's friend didn't recall anything from that night? Why would she. For her, it was just another blase get-together. Nothing eventful happened to her to make the occasion stand out. However Ford said she was pushed into a room, the door shut and the music turned up. That's typical of non-consent. Isolate the intended victim so no one can interfere. I wish the FBI had gone to "Timmy's" house, where BK's calendar said he was one night in July for "skis" (beer), and see if the upstairs leading to the bathroom was as Ford testified.

 

Her testimony was not ambiguous. This "consent is ambiguous" stuff is nothing but a smoke screen to cast doubt on her credibility, and on women in general. Trump is now calling it a hoax. Which means we're right back to women being too stupid to know consent from rape, since, obviously, they bring it all on themselves, especially if she's had a drink.

 

 


"Consent is ambiguous" addresses the larger picture of which Ford could be considered an element. Two people meet in a bar or two friends get together for dinner. One thing leads to another and they end up in the sack. They both enjoy themselves - I hear that men and women both enjoy sex.

 

However, was there consent? Can she say 2-3 days later (for whatever reason) that she did not give consent? 

 

While there certainly is unwanted sex, fondling, etc. shall we establish a principle that says, "If a woman says it, it must be accepted as truth"?

 

There really has to be a better solution to the situation. And using it as a partisan tool really does not help the average woman.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
218
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
231
Views

Re: Brett Kavanaugh confirmed as a Supreme Court justice, cementing conservative control of the nati

231 Views
Message 8 of 51

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:


Oh, I understand your point, rk. Women are automatically lying, and men are being purposely set up. And if alcohol is involved, then it's the woman's fault for taking a drink. And women are too stupid to know the difference between consent and rape, so that's up to a man to decide which one it was. And since women are too stupid to know the difference between rape and consent, then they should just keep their ignorant traps shut before they go and ruin some poor guy's life. And if a woman doesn't report a sexual assault immediately, then she is to never speak of it again, because, obviously, she's either lying about it, was drunk, or it makes the baby jesus weep to see men held accountable for their sex crimes.

 

When did I say women are automatically lying and the rest of that?

 

When did I say it was the woman's fault for having a drink?

 

When did I say women were to stupid to know rape from consent?

 

And the rest of it - you are making stuff up, attributing it to me and then fighting with it.

 

 


 


I'm not making up anything. I didn't say consent is ambiguous. Nor did I say you did. I didn't say women will call it rape if a man doesn't call within two weeks. Nor did I say you did. I didn't imply that drinking negates consent.Nor did I say you did. And I didn't suggest that the passage of time makes a crime less criminal, and encourages women to make false allegations because we're all just vindictive little snips. Nor did I say you did.

 

You are obviously mad at Kavanaugh for having assaulted Ford. Yet there is no evidence that he did. So, that raises the question why and makes my point about "consent" being ambiguous. 

 


 


I'm not mad at Kavanaugh, I'm disgusted by his conduct, both as a younger man, and as a nominee for the Supreme Court. Had Hillary, who he fingered in yet another right wing conspiracy, screamed and cried like he did, I never would have voted for her. He does not have the temperament for the job any more than you or I do, rk.

 

And are we really surprised that Dr. Ford's friend didn't recall anything from that night? Why would she. For her, it was just another blase get-together. Nothing eventful happened to her to make the occasion stand out. However Ford said she was pushed into a room, the door shut and the music turned up. That's typical of non-consent. Isolate the intended victim so no one can interfere. I wish the FBI had gone to "Timmy's" house, where BK's calendar said he was one night in July for "skis" (beer), and see if the upstairs leading to the bathroom was as Ford testified.

 

Her testimony was not ambiguous. This "consent is ambiguous" stuff is nothing but a smoke screen to cast doubt on her credibility, and on women in general. Trump is now calling it a hoax. Which means we're right back to women being too stupid to know consent from rape, since, obviously, they bring it all on themselves, especially if she's had a drink.

 

 

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
231
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
269
Views

Re: Brett Kavanaugh confirmed as a Supreme Court justice, cementing conservative control of the nati

269 Views
Message 9 of 51

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:


Oh, I understand your point, rk. Women are automatically lying, and men are being purposely set up. And if alcohol is involved, then it's the woman's fault for taking a drink. And women are too stupid to know the difference between consent and rape, so that's up to a man to decide which one it was. And since women are too stupid to know the difference between rape and consent, then they should just keep their ignorant traps shut before they go and ruin some poor guy's life. And if a woman doesn't report a sexual assault immediately, then she is to never speak of it again, because, obviously, she's either lying about it, was drunk, or it makes the baby jesus weep to see men held accountable for their sex crimes.

 

When did I say women are automatically lying and the rest of that?

 

When did I say it was the woman's fault for having a drink?

 

When did I say women were to stupid to know rape from consent?

 

And the rest of it - you are making stuff up, attributing it to me and then fighting with it.

 

 


 


I'm not making up anything. I didn't say consent is ambiguous. Nor did I say you did. I didn't say women will call it rape if a man doesn't call within two weeks. Nor did I say you did. I didn't imply that drinking negates consent.Nor did I say you did. And I didn't suggest that the passage of time makes a crime less criminal, and encourages women to make false allegations because we're all just vindictive little snips. Nor did I say you did.

 

You are obviously mad at Kavanaugh for having assaulted Ford. Yet there is no evidence that he did. So, that raises the question why and makes my point about "consent" being ambiguous. 

 

 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
269
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
280
Views

Re: Brett Kavanaugh confirmed as a Supreme Court justice, cementing conservative control of the nati

280 Views
Message 10 of 51
@Richva said: By the way, what the outcome of Kavenaugh's polygraph test anyway?

Not admissible, but sure would love to have seen the results He as a Judge knew full well if he took it and he failed it would still show he failed. Most likely why he WOULD NOT take one.
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
280
Views