Join AARP panelists live Nov. 18 for a free webinar on ride-sharing. Register now to learn more about apps like Uber and Lyft.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Breaking, former Trump Aide Roger Stone indicted...

Message 41 of 68

Breaking, former Trump Aide Roger Stone indicted...

I think it's important to note Stone was arrested after a Grand Jury Indictment.

The US Constution:

The Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution provides that "No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger .

So this is serious crime, a felony.

Stone swore he would never talk, but many hardened criminals, organized crime, hit men, have said the same the same, and in the end they took the stand.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 68

Situations like that are often handled by the lawyer being informed and the individual turning himself in.

The press was paying attention to grand jury proceedings.  Apparently Stone & his Atty. were not.  Oh well.

First of all, I always said that there could be some process crime.

Roger Stone

And if you turned over anything to the FBI you're a fool.

Roger Stone 

All this pre-dawn raid with drawn weapons jazz is just a bit dramatic.

The point is the FBI got their man in the most expedient, safest way possible.  They don't know what could have been behind the door.  They didn't harm him one little bit so why you're whining is....not relevant.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 68

Image result for mueller in the mirror

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 68

@Panjandrum wrote:

oceanedge2:   HaHaHa Pan!  Some are not able to accept, would turn their face away from the realities of life as too much to bear for their particular sensitivities.  Perhaps that's their go to support for their ever important denial.  Who knows?

It never fails to amuse/amaze me watching conservatives upholding even career scumbags like Roger Stone while smearing the law enforcement that is going after them. I'm old enough to remember when the GOP was on the side of the law, not this skeevy iteration we see these days.

I believe the GOP (and all decent American citizens) support the law. That is why they are disgusted by the corruption of certain elements of law enforcement for partisan purposes.

Support for such activities also amazes me, but I do not find it amusing.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 68

@Panjandrum wrote:

rk9152:   Ah, but the drama. Over 20 armed Agents banging on the door in the dark. Just the sort of thing the drama queens just adore.

Perhaps the FBI should have called ahead and told Roger to put the coffee pot on and asked if he wanted his warrant served with pastries or donuts?

Hardly, there was no need for them to be there donuts or not. Situations like that are often handled by the lawyer being informed and the individual turning himself in. 

All this pre-dawn raid with drawn weapons jazz is just a bit dramatic.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 68

oceanedge2:   HaHaHa Pan!  Some are not able to accept, would turn their face away from the realities of life as too much to bear for their particular sensitivities.  Perhaps that's their go to support for their ever important denial.  Who knows?

It never fails to amuse/amaze me watching conservatives upholding even career scumbags like Roger Stone while smearing the law enforcement that is going after them. I'm old enough to remember when the GOP was on the side of the law, not this skeevy iteration we see these days.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 68

@Panjandrum wrote:

rk9152:   Ah, but the drama. Over 20 armed Agents banging on the door in the dark. Just the sort of thing the drama queens just adore.

Perhaps the FBI should have called ahead and told Roger to put the coffee pot on and asked if he wanted his warrant served with pastries or donuts?

HaHaHa Pan!  Some are not able to accept, would turn their face away from the realities of life as too much to bear for their particular sensitivities.  Perhaps that's their go to support for their ever important denial.  Who knows?

Dang, the press did a good job recording this, one more bites the dust FBI enforcement event, for those of us who are interested in the rule of law.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWTzCNY7_YY

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 68

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 68

Apparently his "crime' was refusing to "rat out" the President with the words Mueller wanted to hear.

Ah, but the drama. Over 20 armed Agents banging on the door in the dark. Just the sort of thing the drama queens just adore.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 68

Richva:  Every time another Trump associate goes down, the Queen song "Another one bites the dust" starts playing in my head. 

Good choice. This one goes well with it too.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22