Take a look at how people age around the world with this AARP special report: A New Age.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
155
Views

Re: Brain Drain in the US - yea GOP fear / hate

155 Views
Message 1 of 12

@mandm84 wrote:

More busy work requested by the Far Right , who will ignore the facts and then deny they ever heard them and ask for them again and again. We have one poster who always plays dumb and tries to wear his opposition down !!!


Are you saying that we all know without substantiation, "...the federal government used to provide 75% of the costs of our colleges and universities"? Or do you have no ideas as to the topic and just want to insult?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
155
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
167
Views

Re: Brain Drain in the US - yea GOP fear / hate

167 Views
Message 2 of 12

More busy work requested by the Far Right , who will ignore the facts and then deny they ever heard them and ask for them again and again. We have one poster who always plays dumb and tries to wear his opposition down !!!

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
167
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
174
Views

Re: Brain Drain in the US - yea GOP fear / hate

174 Views
Message 3 of 12

 


@rk9152 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

   To prove my point, the whiners want examples.   Seriously, are they incapable of using even the most basic of search engines?    And that is how they are like their regime leader - if they aren't spoon fed information that they don't like they whine / complain and make nonsense noise.   (hint:  innovation report).    We will now be able to determine if the basic skill of cut / paste has also escaped their capabilities.  


No, to understand scout's point, rational people want substantiation. Try to keep up with what you are responding to.

 

On the other hand, a basic element in discussion is to prove your point - not just say something followed by, "Now, you go look it up".


Don't be silly - Putin's GOP/trump supporter brand trolls and bots have already supplied properly "trained" trump supporters with all the lies and alternate reality fairy tales they could ever repeat.

 

Trump supporters won't read what is posted - it will just be forwarded to the troll/bot website for a response to be generated...

 

 

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894 - APPLIES TO TRUMP TODAY
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
174
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
179
Views

Re: Brain Drain in the US - yea GOP fear / hate

179 Views
Message 4 of 12

@afisher wrote:

   To prove my point, the whiners want examples.   Seriously, are they incapable of using even the most basic of search engines?    And that is how they are like their regime leader - if they aren't spoon fed information that they don't like they whine / complain and make nonsense noise.   (hint:  innovation report).    We will now be able to determine if the basic skill of cut / paste has also escaped their capabilities.  


No, to understand scout's point, rational people want substantiation. Try to keep up with what you are responding to.

 

On the other hand, a basic element in discussion is to prove your point - not just say something followed by, "Now, you go look it up".

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
179
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
188
Views

Re: Brain Drain in the US - yea GOP fear / hate

188 Views
Message 5 of 12

   To prove my point, the whiners want examples.   Seriously, are they incapable of using even the most basic of search engines?    And that is how they are like their regime leader - if they aren't spoon fed information that they don't like they whine / complain and make nonsense noise.   (hint:  innovation report).    We will now be able to determine if the basic skill of cut / paste has also escaped their capabilities.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
188
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
197
Views

Re: Brain Drain in the US - yea GOP fear / hate

197 Views
Message 6 of 12

@williamb39198 wrote:

@rk9152

With the factual delineation of history by Olderscout, perhaps a question could be asked concerning the last 30 years...the US was the world leader in many areas. Currently in what areas are we the world leaders? 

Would love to hear substantiation!

 

The drain of intelligent and creative people has a huge effect...does it not?


Again - do you not see our inability to provide our own scientists rather than worrying about them supposedly leaving because they don't like President Trump as a problem.

 

And do you have the substantiation which scout seems unable to provide as to the amount of and changes in funding for colleges and universities?

 

Made up "facts" can hardly be the basis for rational discussion.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
197
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
221
Views

Re: Brain Drain in the US - yea GOP fear / hate

221 Views
Message 7 of 12

@rk9152

With the factual delineation of history by Olderscout, perhaps a question could be asked concerning the last 30 years...the US was the world leader in many areas. Currently in what areas are we the world leaders? 

Would love to hear substantiation!

 

The drain of intelligent and creative people has a huge effect...does it not?

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
221
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
244
Views

Re: Brain Drain in the US - yea GOP fear / hate

244 Views
Message 8 of 12

A very strange concept - our nation is weakened because foreign scientist are doing what the Hollywood left promised to do but didn't. I wonder if anyone thought that we might have a bigger and longer lasting problem - we are unable to produce our own scientists.

 

And then along comes the usual line - it's all because of the Reagan tax cuts.

 

I'd really like to see some substantiation of the theory that the federal government used to provide 75% of the costs of our colleges and universities. Without substantiation it is just one more of that ever growing list of "those" facts.

 

And then something about Iraq........

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
244
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
4
Kudos
269
Views

Re: Brain Drain in the US - yea GOP fear / hate

269 Views
Message 9 of 12

@afisher wrote:

    All the ignoblers poo-poo'd the idea that scientist who were being demeaned and dismissed by the current WH regime would stay put.   Initially, France President Macron stepped up and welcomed those individuals to his country.    Next, Canada also laid out a welcome mat.

    Has it worked?    Apparently so, as the US is retreating from Innovation.    Last year it was #4 and this year it has dropped to #6.    US is even behind the UK for goodness sake.     

    China is making stunning advances as it has entered the Innovation race.   It jumped up 5 positions in one year ( 22nd to 17th).    By that measure, before donald moves to Russia, China could easily replace US as a country to go to for innovation.     Well played GOP...kill democracy and innovation - what a 2-fer.     (global innovation index 2018)


What the Republican base do not understand is this is NOT an accident. First the Republicans killed Revenue Sharing and redistributed the money to the very top of the 1%. Then the ones dividing the profits saw they could keep it all for themselves, so wages for the 99% stagnated or went down for 30 years. The Revenue Sharing had provided 75% of the operating costs for our colleges and Universities, but now the figure is 25% and shrinking. The 50% difference is now coming from TUITION, and Government GRANTS have vanished, replaced with high interest loans from private banks. New grads from the 99% cannot buy a car of a house because their loan payments are bigger than many mortgages and the entry level jobs pay a fraction of what they did in the 1960's.

 

The GOPerLords' end-game is to establish a Plutocracy with their spawn holding all the senior management positions and a select few getting the jobs to keep the country neat and tidy while all the manufactured goods come in from Commie slaves in Asia and the main income of the ruling class will come from investments overseas. (If you question whether such a society can exist, book a flight to Saudi Arabia and pay close attention while you're there).Everybody else will be underemployed, but there'll be plenty of drugs and other diversions like VR games. For those who tire of the VR, there will be plentiful real wars to participate in, the first of which was the never-ending debacle jrbush lied us into in Iraq.

 

If that's NOT what the GOPerLords are up to, then why has everything they've done in the last 30 years moved in that direction?

Report Inappropriate Content
4
Kudos
269
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
4
Kudos
285
Views

Re: Brain Drain in the US - yea GOP fear / hate

285 Views
Message 10 of 12

A very weird strategy by trump...in order to make America great again, he will run our country into the ground first! To take something which is working well and destroy it is, well, demented. But that’s who trump is, demented. 

trump promotes fear and division. 

 

Sane people do not work like that

Report Inappropriate Content
4
Kudos
285
Views