Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Boycotting Fedex to sever ties with NRA

Message 21 of 31

Boycotts and sanctions seem to be acceptable on an international scale.  Despite the obvious impacts on innocents, they are still deemed to work, still deemed ethically acceptable and still used.  In the NRA case, ethical constraints and appeals to ethical behavior have no effect.  The agenda over-rides all the rest.  

The ethical issues are not yet fully defined in this tragedy.  All of these tragedies should never have happened.   The damage done to innocents was preventable.  The measures, whatever they may be didn't happen.  Disclaimers and straw-man arguments won't help fix any of it. 

The NRA bears an enormous burden of responsibility for what happened.  ALL of it?  NO....so what?  None of it?  No....do something about it.  How much belongs to Donald J. Trump and the paranoia of the far right?  A whole pot full......do something about it.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 31

@ManicProgressivewrote:

@Roxanna35wrote:

Just Contacted amazon.  and requested that my orders not to be shipped by Fed EX and explained reason.

They told me that Amazon has three major carriers. UPS, USPS and another that I fortgot the name but they will contact their shipping dpt and let them know of my reaquest They do sometimes shipped FedEx
Their phone number is 1-866-216-1072

Cool. I didn’t know this could be done. FedEx messes up my shipments ALL THE TIME. Wish I could exclude them permanently for that reason alone. 

Can someone refresh my memory? The NRA didn’t used to be this crazy. What happened?

I remember when it was different too. maybe gun money and greed did it.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 31

@Roxanna35wrote:

Just Contacted amazon.  and requested that my orders not to be shipped by Fed EX and explained reason.

They told me that Amazon has three major carriers. UPS, USPS and another that I fortgot the name but they will contact their shipping dpt and let them know of my reaquest They do sometimes shipped FedEx

Cool. I didn’t know this could be done. FedEx messes up my shipments ALL THE TIME. Wish I could exclude them permanently for that reason alone. 

Can someone refresh my memory? The NRA didn’t used to be this crazy. What happened?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 31

@CarlW69358wrote:

The NRA is not the reason for the recent school shooting.  I will not do anything to boycott them.  The shooting could have been prevented if the FBI and local law enforcement had done their job.  

The level of carnage was only possible because the scum had a semi-auto weapon and high capacity clips, the NRAGOP is the reason such MILITARY GRADE  weapons are available to the general public, so Yes! The NRAGOP IS responsible FOR THE DEATH TOLL.

The GOPerLords need to discredit the FBI to help defend their infant in the White House and you're helping by reposting their nonsense about how the FBI should've arrested someone for what they SAID, not what they did. You REALLY want to get arrested for talking trash?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 31

@CarlW69358wrote:

The NRA is not the reason for the recent school shooting.  I will not do anything to boycott them.  The shooting could have been prevented if the FBI and local law enforcement had done their job.  

Your action is commendable and that is your right. but, why support an organization that is forcing legislators in the state of Ga. to penalize Delta airlines if they cut ties with the NRA?

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 31

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 31

@rk9152wrote:

@Richvawrote:

@CarlW69358wrote:

The NRA works tirelessly to protect the insane gun laws which allow the sale of AR-15 category weapons and then allow them to insane people. I listened to Wayne LaPierre's CPAC speach and I can see why he favors the insane. Stick with your homies, as they say. 

Carl does make a good point. Do you want to stop the killing of children or do you want to stop the killing of children with AR15s?

Or is it just possible that these deaths are being used to push a political agenda? Let's face it we have a poster who posts NRAGOP and pushes for a one Party system. We have others posting quite viciously about the NRA and it's leadership. These existed before the recent shooting.

We also have posters here that support nazi and nazi like agendas. Cruz was in the JROTC, and the NRA provided 10,000 to the specific program he was in. They probably put his first gun in his hands; get them addicted to guns while they are young.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 31

@Richvawrote:

@CarlW69358wrote:

The NRA works tirelessly to protect the insane gun laws which allow the sale of AR-15 category weapons and then allow them to insane people. I listened to Wayne LaPierre's CPAC speach and I can see why he favors the insane. Stick with your homies, as they say. 

Carl does make a good point. Do you want to stop the killing of children or do you want to stop the killing of children with AR15s?

Or is it just possible that these deaths are being used to push a political agenda? Let's face it we have a poster who posts NRAGOP and pushes for a one Party system. We have others posting quite viciously about the NRA and it's leadership. These existed before the recent shooting.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 31

@CarlW69358wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 31

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing ralmon, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE

Top Authors