Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Boycotting Fedex to sever ties with NRA

Message 11 of 31

@rk9152wrote:

@jimc91wrote:

The transfer and shipping of firearms and ammo is a specialized nitch market for Fedex and is very profitable for them.  It is unlikely they will stop doing it.

IMO the NRA has nothing to do with a mentally ill person killing children.

Too much knee jerk emotion from the left. Complete loss of critical thinking skills due to emotional overload.

This is a political  issue and should be settled at the ballot box. Your mention of emotional overload is on display with posters using GOPLords and calling others fascists. Apparently the blind hatred does stand in the way of clear thinking. 

Sounds like a good idea to me. Put gun control or gun banning on the ballot and see how it does.  That would help take it out of the hands of the NRA.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 31

@ManicProgressivewrote:

@Roxanna35wrote:

Just Contacted amazon.  and requested that my orders not to be shipped by Fed EX and explained reason.

They told me that Amazon has three major carriers. UPS, USPS and another that I fortgot the name but they will contact their shipping dpt and let them know of my reaquest They do sometimes shipped FedEx
Their phone number is 1-866-216-1072

Cool. I didn’t know this could be done. FedEx messes up my shipments ALL THE TIME. Wish I could exclude them permanently for that reason alone. 

Can someone refresh my memory? The NRA didn’t used to be this crazy. What happened?

When the NRA first started it was a citizens group concerned with safe handling of guns and advocated responsibility and safety in hunting and sport shooting. The leaders of the NRA at that time made very conservative salaries. As the weapons manufacturers started to use the NRA for their agenda, the salaries increased exponentially for the leaders and executives within the NRA. They then became mainly a lobby group for weapons manufacturers.

For the love of money.

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 31

@Olderscout66wrote:

Too much knee jerk emotion from the left. Complete loss of critical thinking skills due to emotional overload. Way too much canned response from another NRA bot.

A perfect example of jim's point. No logic, just a repeat of the current "approved" meme of the radical left.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 31

@sp362wrote:

The NRA is the one who continually blocks any actual discussions on the matter.  That is not a "knee jerk reaction".  If we want an actual discussion on guns, the NRA needs to stop politicizing everything.  You are correct, not seeing what their agenda is and what they are doing is a loss of critical thinking skills.

Can you show examples of the NRA politicizing? It seems to me that any political actions on their part is purely reactive.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 31

@jimc91wrote:

The transfer and shipping of firearms and ammo is a specialized nitch market for Fedex and is very profitable for them.  It is unlikely they will stop doing it.

Too much knee jerk emotion from the left. Complete loss of critical thinking skills due to emotional overload.

This is a political  issue and should be settled at the ballot box. Your mention of emotional overload is on display with posters using GOPLords and calling others fascists. Apparently the blind hatred does stand in the way of clear thinking. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 31

@MIsekerwrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Richvawrote:

@CarlW69358wrote:

The NRA is not the reason for the recent school shooting.  I will not do anything to boycott them.  The shooting could have been prevented if the FBI and local law enforcement had done their job.  

The NRA works tirelessly to protect the insane gun laws which allow the sale of AR-15 category weapons and then allow them to insane people. I listened to Wayne LaPierre's CPAC speach and I can see why he favors the insane. Stick with your homies, as they say. 

Carl does make a good point. Do you want to stop the killing of children or do you want to stop the killing of children with AR15s?

Or is it just possible that these deaths are being used to push a political agenda? Let's face it we have a poster who posts NRAGOP and pushes for a one Party system. We have others posting quite viciously about the NRA and it's leadership. These existed before the recent shooting.

We also have posters here that support nazi and nazi like agendas. Cruz was in the JROTC, and the NRA provided 10,000 to the specific program he was in. They probably put his first gun in his hands; get them addicted to guns while they are young.

since you start with an offensive inaccuracy, the post has no value

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 31

@jimc91wrote:

The transfer and shipping of firearms and ammo is a specialized nitch market for Fedex and is very profitable for them.  It is unlikely they will stop doing it. The NRA doesn't manufacture ammo, so there's no need for FedEx to deal with the NRA to maintain their business. At most, they might need to notify their clients of alternative suppliers, like Cabela's. But that would presuppose a very low intelligence for their clients.

IMO the NRA has nothing to do with a mentally ill person killing children. That's saying the guy isn't responsible for the gal's pregnancy because he wasn't there for the birth. - Sorry, were it not for the NRA making sure military grade weapons are available to everyone including the mentally ill, the psycho would have to bite his vic's to death.

Too much knee jerk emotion from the left. Complete loss of critical thinking skills due to emotional overload. Way too much canned response from another NRA bot.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 31

@jimc91wrote:

The NRA is the one who continually blocks any actual discussions on the matter.  That is not a "knee jerk reaction".  If we want an actual discussion on guns, the NRA needs to stop politicizing everything.  You are correct, not seeing what their agenda is and what they are doing is a loss of critical thinking skills.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 31

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 31

@Richvawrote:

@CarlW69358wrote:

The NRA is not the reason for the recent school shooting.  I will not do anything to boycott them.  The shooting could have been prevented if the FBI and local law enforcement had done their job.  

The NRA works tirelessly to protect the insane gun laws which allow the sale of AR-15 category weapons and then allow them to insane people. I listened to Wayne LaPierre's CPAC speach and I can see why he favors the insane. Stick with your homies, as they say. 

It may seem that way for the leftist posters but in reality, since the left will accept incremental steps (with the "goal") to eliminate all guns, NRA pushes back (hard) on everything they (the left) proposes. The left never loses sight of the "goal".

It seems logical to me to add the necessary components to have an effective background check and prohibit any add-on that would enable multiple firings with one trigger pull.  Will these things happen? If the left pushes hard for them, I doubt it.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Call-in Event: Coronavirus: Maintaining Your Well-Being

Ask experts about the coronavirus, learn how to protect yourself, stay connected and cope with stress and anxiety brought on by the pandemic. Join AARP for a special call-in event April 9, at 1:00 pm (EDT).

You can participate by calling toll-free 1-855-274-9507.

Learn more about the event on our Tele-Town Hall page.

Top Authors