Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Boycotting Fedex to sever ties with NRA

Message 1 of 31

@rk9152wrote:

@sp362wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

That is called lobbying for their membership.

As to "too soon" - the best legislation is not passed based on emotions in the heat of the moment.

Blaming law enforcement - do you consider the actions of the police to be appropriate? I don't know it it was cowardice or protocol but either way, it was not good.

I agree that the NRA does not have a place but their membership does. So, the NRA speaks for their members. Saying they don't belong would be like saying unions do not have a place in labor negotiations.

Since it is not their child or family member being shot, "emotions in the heat of the moment" should not affect an intelligent person's decision. 

I said the NRA DOES have a spot in the discussion, I never said they needed to be muzzled. I said they need to allow a discussion about the issue instead of stifling it and that has ZERO to do with lobbying of their members.  They are free to lobby for their members during the discussion.

Blaming law enforcement is just another one of their distractions.  You tell me, what laws did Nikolas Cruz break where the authorities could have done something.  Just knowing he is weird is not enough.

Once again, what the NRA is doing is lobbying for the interests of their members, that is their function. If their lobbying results in not changing laws, that is their function. I know of not laws or rules as to when lobbyists are allowed or not allowed to lobby.

We have a policy of "See something, say something". I believe there is a proper assumption of that resulting in some action. Many saw something and said something about Cruz. The fact that nothing was done would be a productive area to be looking in to rather than this obsession with one rifle. I have no way of knowing if the inaction was poor police work or had to do with protocols. In either case, it should be addressed.

Yes, their function is to lobby for their members, it should NOT be to stop discussion.  Trying to say we need to look at only at law enforcement and not gun laws is politicization of this tragedy.  Everything should be looked at.  As far as poor police work, police can only arrest and detain if a law was broken.  Again, what did you expect them to do?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 31

@sp362wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@sp362wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@sp362wrote:

The NRA is the one who continually blocks any actual discussions on the matter.  That is not a "knee jerk reaction".  If we want an actual discussion on guns, the NRA needs to stop politicizing everything.  You are correct, not seeing what their agenda is and what they are doing is a loss of critical thinking skills.

Can you show examples of the NRA politicizing? It seems to me that any political actions on their part is purely reactive.

Their continued attempts to stop any discussion from taking place so that they can push their agenda is an example.  Additional examples, always saying it is "too soon" to talk about solutions, so they can stop any reasonable discussion.  In this case, blaming law enforcement and talking about arming teachers are both politicizing their position to promote what they want.

I am not saying the NRA does not have a spot in the discussion, I am saying they need to stop blocking discussion for their partisan purposes.

As to "too soon" - the best legislation is not passed based on emotions in the heat of the moment.

Blaming law enforcement - do you consider the actions of the police to be appropriate? I don't know it it was cowardice or protocol but either way, it was not good.

I agree that the NRA does not have a place but their membership does. So, the NRA speaks for their members. Saying they don't belong would be like saying unions do not have a place in labor negotiations.

Since it is not their child or family member being shot, "emotions in the heat of the moment" should not affect an intelligent person's decision. 

I said the NRA DOES have a spot in the discussion, I never said they needed to be muzzled. I said they need to allow a discussion about the issue instead of stifling it and that has ZERO to do with lobbying of their members.  They are free to lobby for their members during the discussion.

Blaming law enforcement is just another one of their distractions.  You tell me, what laws did Nikolas Cruz break where the authorities could have done something.  Just knowing he is weird is not enough.

Once again, what the NRA is doing is lobbying for the interests of their members, that is their function. If their lobbying results in not changing laws, that is their function. I know of not laws or rules as to when lobbyists are allowed or not allowed to lobby.

We have a policy of "See something, say something". I believe there is a proper assumption of that resulting in some action. Many saw something and said something about Cruz. The fact that nothing was done would be a productive area to be looking in to rather than this obsession with one rifle. I have no way of knowing if the inaction was poor police work or had to do with protocols. In either case, it should be addressed.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 31

@rk9152wrote:

@sp362wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@sp362wrote:

The NRA is the one who continually blocks any actual discussions on the matter.  That is not a "knee jerk reaction".  If we want an actual discussion on guns, the NRA needs to stop politicizing everything.  You are correct, not seeing what their agenda is and what they are doing is a loss of critical thinking skills.

Can you show examples of the NRA politicizing? It seems to me that any political actions on their part is purely reactive.

Their continued attempts to stop any discussion from taking place so that they can push their agenda is an example.  Additional examples, always saying it is "too soon" to talk about solutions, so they can stop any reasonable discussion.  In this case, blaming law enforcement and talking about arming teachers are both politicizing their position to promote what they want.

I am not saying the NRA does not have a spot in the discussion, I am saying they need to stop blocking discussion for their partisan purposes.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 31

@sp362wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@sp362wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 31

@Olderscout66wrote:

@jimc91wrote:

The transfer and shipping of firearms and ammo is a specialized nitch market for Fedex and is very profitable for them.  It is unlikely they will stop doing it. The NRA doesn't manufacture ammo, so there's no need for FedEx to deal with the NRA to maintain their business. At most, they might need to notify their clients of alternative suppliers, like Cabela's. But that would presuppose a very low intelligence for their clients.

IMO the NRA has nothing to do with a mentally ill person killing children. That's saying the guy isn't responsible for the gal's pregnancy because he wasn't there for the birth. - Sorry, were it not for the NRA making sure military grade weapons are available to everyone including the mentally ill, the psycho would have to bite his vic's to death.

Too much knee jerk emotion from the left. Complete loss of critical thinking skills due to emotional overload. Way too much canned response from another NRA bot.

It's extremely easy to recognize NRA bots, isn't it?

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 31

Just  a reminder of the original point. Don't forget to contact a support person at Amazon and tell them to exclude Fedex from your approved shippers. I used the chat feature. 

• Click Prime or something else
  • Just ignore section one. Section two select "More Non Order Questions"
  • Issue details-"Other Non Order Questions"
  • Then select "chat" from the selections which appear at the bottom of the page. 

Click "Prime or something else"

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 31

@rk9152wrote:

@sp362wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 31

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@Richvawrote:

@CarlW69358wrote:

The NRA is not the reason for the recent school shooting.  I will not do anything to boycott them.  The shooting could have been prevented if the FBI and local law enforcement had done their job.  

The NRA works tirelessly to protect the insane gun laws which allow the sale of AR-15 category weapons and then allow them to insane people. I listened to Wayne LaPierre's CPAC speach and I can see why he favors the insane. Stick with your homies, as they say. 

It may seem that way for the leftist posters but in reality, since the left will accept incremental steps (with the "goal") to eliminate all guns, NRA pushes back (hard) on everything they (the left) proposes. The left never loses sight of the "goal".

It seems logical to me to add the necessary components to have an effective background check and prohibit any add-on that would enable multiple firings with one trigger pull.  Will these things happen? If the left pushes hard for them, I doubt it.

how did those incremental steps get rid of the assault weapons ban in 04?

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 31

@Richvawrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@jimc91wrote:

The transfer and shipping of firearms and ammo is a specialized nitch market for Fedex and is very profitable for them.  It is unlikely they will stop doing it.

IMO the NRA has nothing to do with a mentally ill person killing children.

Too much knee jerk emotion from the left. Complete loss of critical thinking skills due to emotional overload.

This is a political  issue and should be settled at the ballot box. Your mention of emotional overload is on display with posters using GOPLords and calling others fascists. Apparently the blind hatred does stand in the way of clear thinking. 

Sounds like a good idea to me. Put gun control or gun banning on the ballot and see how it does.  That would help take it out of the hands of the NRA.

I agree. Put gun control laws on the ballot, one at a time, let the majority rule on this. Now .............. how could the Right object to such a thing?

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 31

Everything and anything that I order online I will request no to FedEx  shipments for me.  the companies will forward the request to FedEx and they will learn that there are people not interested in doing business with them.

no name
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Call-in Event: Coronavirus: Maintaining Your Well-Being

Ask experts about the coronavirus, learn how to protect yourself, stay connected and cope with stress and anxiety brought on by the pandemic. Join AARP for a special call-in event April 9, at 1:00 pm (EDT).

You can participate by calling toll-free 1-855-274-9507.

Learn more about the event on our Tele-Town Hall page.

Top Authors