With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Boy in Wheelchair Stands for National Anthem

Message 51 of 55

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

I am glad that he was able to exercise his rights and beliefs by standing. 

The Facebood (sic) user who shared the video apparently doesn't understand the meaning of free speech. Too bad so many only support free speech when the speech supports their ideas.

'And a child shall lead them'.  Some don't want to respect the country that gives them that free speech.  We don't have to worry about Russia destroying our country and its ideals.  A certain element is doing a good job of that.

I didn't realize the place where this took place until just looking at that link again, but that is the city and county I grew up in.  Thankfully they still have the values that we were taught over three-quarters of a century ago.

Apparently some have either forgot or never learned the values that they should have learned over three-quarters of s century ago.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 55

@Snoopy48 wrote:

The Facebood (sic) user who shared the video apparently doesn't understand the meaning of free speech. Too bad so many only support free speech when the speech supports their ideas.

'And a child shall lead them'.  Some don't want to respect the country that gives them that free speech.  We don't have to worry about Russia destroying our country and its ideals.  A certain element is doing a good job of that.

I didn't realize the place where this took place until just looking at that link again, but that is the city and county I grew up in.  Thankfully they still have the values that we were taught over three-quarters of a century ago.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 55

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

https://fox17.com/news/local/wheelchair-bound-boy-holds-himself-up-to-stand-for-the-national-anthem-...

Video at Link...

COOKEVILLE, Tenn. - A boy in a wheelchair's stand for the U.S. flag is warming hearts across middle Tennessee.

Leah Norris told FOX 17 News she captured the special moment during the demolition derby at the Putnam County Fair on Sunday night.

Norris said when the "Star-Spangled Banner" was being performed by Jenny Leigh, it wasn't what she heard but rather what she saw that brought tears to her eyes.

A boy, with braces on both legs, was struggling to stand for the national anthem. The boy, identified as Avery Price, is seen hanging onto his father for support and the man pats his son's back with encouragement.

Price, 10 years old, has a condition that makes it difficult for him to use his legs — but that didn’t stop him from exercising free speech when the anthem played.

Facebook user shared the video, commenting that someone needs to "show this to the NFL," amid controversy over players kneeling before the flag.

The Facebood user who shared the video apparently doesn't understand the meaning of free speech. Too bad so many only support free speech when the speech supports their ideas.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 55

TxGrandpa2

Thank you for your post. Nancy 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Boy in Wheelchair Stands for National Anthem

Message 55 of 55

https://fox17.com/news/local/wheelchair-bound-boy-holds-himself-up-to-stand-for-the-national-anthem-...

Video at Link...

COOKEVILLE, Tenn. - A boy in a wheelchair's stand for the U.S. flag is warming hearts across middle Tennessee.

Leah Norris told FOX 17 News she captured the special moment during the demolition derby at the Putnam County Fair on Sunday night.

Norris said when the "Star-Spangled Banner" was being performed by Jenny Leigh, it wasn't what she heard but rather what she saw that brought tears to her eyes.

A boy, with braces on both legs, was struggling to stand for the national anthem. The boy, identified as Avery Price, is seen hanging onto his father for support and the man pats his son's back with encouragement.

Price, 10 years old, has a condition that makes it difficult for him to use his legs — but that didn’t stop him from exercising free speech when the anthem played.

Facebook user shared the video, commenting that someone needs to "show this to the NFL," amid controversy over players kneeling before the flag.

Kudos
Views
Replies