Reply
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
195
Views

Re: Boy in Wheelchair Stands for National Anthem

195 Views
Message 1 of 55

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Cirice wrote:

 


Like hell it didn't.


So now you are resorting to insults?


So you are insulted by the truth? 

 

Your OP had everything to do with kneeling football players. If you didn't agree with the last paragraph of your OP, you could have easily left it out. But you didn't.

 

YOU made this political. And now you're blaming everyone else for what you did, simply because no one else is helping you counter the arguments.

 

smh

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
195
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
197
Views

Re: Boy in Wheelchair Stands for National Anthem

197 Views
Message 2 of 55

@Richva wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

 

I have no idea what color the shooters were AND NEITHER DO YOU but I did not automatically make the assumption they were all black.  YOU DID. The word you are looking for to describe that kind of assumption is "racist". 

 

 


You a registered Republican?  I'm not registered anything.  I vote for both Democrats and Republicans.

 

As far as the race of the shooters you think it's Caucasians doing the shooting?  Have you bothered to check the demographics of the area where these shootings are occuring?  Or is it that you just sit on the sidelines heckling other posters?


“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
197
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
201
Views

Re: Boy in Wheelchair Stands for National Anthem

201 Views
Message 3 of 55

@Cirice wrote:

 


Like hell it didn't.


So now you are resorting to insults?


“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
201
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
208
Views

Re: Boy in Wheelchair Stands for National Anthem

208 Views
Message 4 of 55

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

 

Also, how do you know it was "other blacks" doing the shooting in Chicago?  Have they caught all of them?

 

So much racism, so little time. 


And how do you know yourself?  Have you ever bothered to look anything up?

 

414 in the last year was Black.  So do others go out looking for Blacks to kill?


I have learned through painful experience to look up every statement a Republican makes.  I still think Trump's 4K in 500 days is a record for even them but the practice of only printing what fits their narrative and even flat out lying seems to come with the registration card. 

 

I have no idea what color the shooters were AND NEITHER DO YOU but I did not automatically make the assumption they were all black.  YOU DID. The word you are looking for to describe that kind of assumption is "racist". 

 

Again, it is lovely that this young person went through so much to stand for the anthem. Was that your only point?  That this was a lovely gesture? 

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
208
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
208
Views

Re: Boy in Wheelchair Stands for National Anthem

208 Views
Message 5 of 55

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

 

414 in the last year was Black.  So do others go out looking for Blacks to kill?


You mean besides the cops?

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
208
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
208
Views

Re: Boy in Wheelchair Stands for National Anthem

208 Views
Message 6 of 55

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:


Hey Tx,  how come you didn't mention my own daughter's old fashion values only in your mind and place people have moral values that may mirror your own?


Yes, they reflect what I believe and what this boy did.  I wasn't getting any help in countering the other arguments.


If you need other people to stand up for your argument, then you must not have a very good argument to begin with.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
208
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
210
Views

Re: Boy in Wheelchair Stands for National Anthem

210 Views
Message 7 of 55

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

 

My original post had nothing to do with overpaid football players who refuse to stand for their country.

 

 


Like hell it didn't.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
210
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
212
Views

Re: Boy in Wheelchair Stands for National Anthem

212 Views
Message 8 of 55

@Richva wrote:

 

Also, how do you know it was "other blacks" doing the shooting in Chicago?  Have they caught all of them?

 

So much racism, so little time. 


And how do you know yourself?  Have you ever bothered to look anything up?

 

414 in the last year was Black.  So do others go out looking for Blacks to kill?


“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
212
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
213
Views

Re: Boy in Wheelchair Stands for National Anthem

213 Views
Message 9 of 55

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Cirice wrote:


Then those people should plan on arriving at the game just in time for the kickoff so they can avoid any chance of getting their feelings hurt.

 

Should football players be denied their right to free speech just because you don't like what they have to say?


Just like in any employment, those players should abide by their employers rules for 'working' there.  Everywhere I've worked I follow the employer's rules, if not I could go elsewhere or they would tell me where to go.  Kneeling has no part of their employment.

 

They were hired to play football, not engage in social expressions.

 

 


I don't know of any "employer rules for working there" that the kneeling football players are breaking. Do you?

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
213
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
220
Views

Re: Boy in Wheelchair Stands for National Anthem

220 Views
Message 10 of 55

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:


That is so wonderful. Perhaps if police stop killing unarmed blacks in the streets, the NFL players will be able to stand for the anthem as well. Let's all work together to make this possible. 


It appears from the example in Chicago that it is other Blacks killing others more than police.


Probably so but that is a gun control discussion.

 

I am curious as to how many deaths of unarmed blacks at the hands of police is acceptable to the Republican party?  Maybe some kind of acceptable ratio?   2 by police for every 3 by "other blacks"?  

 

Also, how do you know it was "other blacks" doing the shooting in Chicago?  Have they caught all of them?

 

So much racism, so little time. 

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
220
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing jen43, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE

Top Authors