Rethink your job search and find opportunities for experienced workers with the AARP Job Board.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Boy in Wheelchair Stands for National Anthem

Message 11 of 55

@Richva wrote:

That is so wonderful. Perhaps if police stop killing unarmed blacks in the streets, the NFL players will be able to stand for the anthem as well. Let's all work together to make this possible. 

It appears from the example in Chicago that it is other Blacks killing others more than police.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 55

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:
Have a good afternoon...no doubt you've been noticed and made the topic about you rather than an 11 year old boy.

When you posted a topic denigrating the free speech rights of the NFL players you took the focus off the 11 year old. It seems to me, based on your posts, that your only reason for this topic was to attack the players for bringing attention to discrimination in the way some police act in respect to some of our citizens.

I noticed how the despicable Republicans are trying to use the efforts of an 11 year old boy to further their own agenda.  On the other hand, at least they did not kidnap the child and put him in a border detention facility.  Why do the Republicans hate kids so much?

Oh, and don't forget. The protests are to remind you that Black Lives Matter.  Republicans forget that. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 55

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

If you did not want a discussion about what YOU posted why did YOU post it?

You can continue to call me names if it makes you feel better, I do not care one way or the other. 

Have a good afternoon...no doubt you've been noticed and made the topic about you rather than an 11 year old boy.

When you posted a topic denigrating the free speech rights of the NFL players you took the focus off the 11 year old. It seems to me, based on your posts, that your only reason for this topic was to attack the players for bringing attention to discrimination in the way some police act in respect to some of our citizens.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 55

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Hey Tx,  how come you didn't mention my own daughter's old fashion values only in your mind and place people have moral values that may mirror your own?

Yes, they reflect what I believe and what this boy did.  I wasn't getting any help in countering the other arguments.

That is so wonderful. Perhaps if police stop killing unarmed blacks in the streets, the NFL players will be able to stand for the anthem as well. Let's all work together to make this possible. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 55

@rker321 wrote:

Hey Tx,  how come you didn't mention my own daughter's old fashion values only in your mind and place people have moral values that may mirror your own?

Yes, they reflect what I believe and what this boy did.  I wasn't getting any help in countering the other arguments.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 55

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

But regaining your mention  about  the Dallas Cowboys, Only   in Texas.  LOL 

I would believe that is only with the owner of the Dallas Cowboys.  In the article I read about that, I believe the rest of the team feels the same way.

But there is a time and place for everything and football games are not the place for these overpaid crybabies to demonstate.

As far as the young boy, it makes me feel good that the old fashioned values were taught in that area is still there, at least among some.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 55

@Snoopy48 wrote:

You can continue to call me names if it makes you feel better, I do not care one way or the other. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 55

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Tx   I  have a daughter in a wheelchair, and she stand for the National Anthem, and she also stands in church.

I'm sure that she appreciates this country, like that young boy.  And unlike those overpaid football player prima donnas.  They get paid to paid to play football, not demonstrate for social issues.

I understand the Dallas Cowboys will have none of that by their  'employees'.

I thought that posts about the football players were off topic.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 55

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

You are still unable to support your post that indicated that NFL players do not have the right to free speech when it doesn’t agree with your ideas. 

Have a good day and start your own thread if that is what you want to discuss...you have taken this completely off topic like a true liberal.  No doubt the only reason you're here is to create dissensiton like a true 'hilbot'

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 55

@rker321 wrote:

But regaining your mention  about  the Dallas Cowboys, Only   in Texas.  LOL 

I would believe that is only with the owner of the Dallas Cowboys.  In the article I read about that, I believe the rest of the team feels the same way.

But there is a time and place for everything and football games are not the place for these overpaid crybabies to demonstate.

As far as the young boy, it makes me feel good that the old fashioned values were taught in that area is still there, at least among some.

Kudos
Views