Medicare open enrollment has begun! Learn all about it in AARP's guide to Medicare made easy.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Boy in Wheelchair Stands for National Anthem

Message 21 of 55

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Tx   I  have a daughter in a wheelchair, and she stand for the National Anthem, and she also stands in church.

I'm sure that she appreciates this country, like that young boy.  And unlike those overpaid football player prima donnas.  They get paid to paid to play football, not demonstrate for social issues.

I understand the Dallas Cowboys will have none of that by their  'employees'.

Yes,  my daughter is very respectful of this country and her obligations as an American
But regaining your mention  about  the Dallas Cowboys, Only   in Texas.  LOL 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 55

@Snoopy48 wrote:

You are still unable to support your post that indicated that NFL players do not have the right to free speech when it doesn’t agree with your ideas. 

Have a good day and start your own thread if that is what you want to discuss...you have taken this completely off topic like a true liberal.  No doubt the only reason you're here is to create dissensiton like a true 'hilbot'

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 55

@rker321 wrote:

Tx   I  have a daughter in a wheelchair, and she stand for the National Anthem, and she also stands in church.

I'm sure that she appreciates this country, like that young boy.  And unlike those overpaid football player prima donnas.  They get paid to paid to play football, not demonstrate for social issues.

I understand the Dallas Cowboys will have none of that by their  'employees'.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 55

@Snoopy48 wrote:

You are still unable to support your post that indicated that NFL players do not have the right to free speech when it doesn’t agree with your ideas. 

Apparently you took the thread “way off topic” in the first post since all I have done is responded to what was said in the first post.

To the contrary, you were the one who took the discussion away from the kid in the wheelchair to standing for 'social justice'.  One can mostly tell a liberal since they are quick to accuse others of what they are guilty of.

My original post had nothing to do with overpaid football players who refuse to stand for their country.

Further, it is apparent that you must be trolling certain posters to create dissension, this isn't the only instance that has been done.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 55

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Cirice wrote:

Then those people should plan on arriving at the game just in time for the kickoff so they can avoid any chance of getting their feelings hurt.

Should football players be denied their right to free speech just because you don't like what they have to say?

Just like in any employment, those players should abide by their employers rules for 'working' there.  Everywhere I've worked I follow the employer's rules, if not I could go elsewhere or they would tell me where to go.  Kneeling has no part of their employment.

They were hired to play football, not engage in social expressions.

Since they were and are not violating any of their employers rules why is the right demanding that they abide by what the right thinks?

If the right would just consider and work to correct the reasons they are kneeling the kneeling would stop. Instead of working to correct the problems being protested against the right would rather make false claims about the players. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 55

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 55

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

I commented on the last paragraph of what you posted. By including that paragraph the original author attacked those who were using their free speech rights to bring attention to the unequal treatment of African-Americans by the legal community who is supposed to treat everyone equally.

It wasn't the original author who said that about the football players but another facebook user.  Apparently you are still looking for an excuse to interrupt a discussion and obfuscate the theme of the post.  No, just another attempt to interrupt a non-political discussion.

More trolling and carrying the discussion way off topic...   And still opting to be argumentative. 

Bye.

Apparently you took the thread “way off topic” in the first post since all I have done is responded to what was said in the first post.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 55

@Cirice wrote:

Then those people should plan on arriving at the game just in time for the kickoff so they can avoid any chance of getting their feelings hurt.

Should football players be denied their right to free speech just because you don't like what they have to say?

Just like in any employment, those players should abide by their employers rules for 'working' there.  Everywhere I've worked I follow the employer's rules, if not I could go elsewhere or they would tell me where to go.  Kneeling has no part of their employment.

They were hired to play football, not engage in social expressions.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 55

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Cirice wrote:

You know, kneeling during the anthem is also a form of free speech.

I'm sure that people don't pay good money to attend football games to see high paid prima donnas infatuated with their self importance showing off.  They came to see football

Assume nothing. Question everything. And start thinking.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 55

@Cirice wrote:

You know, kneeling during the anthem is also a form of free speech.

I'm sure that people don't pay good money to attend football games to see high paid prima donnas infatuated with their self importance showing off.  They came to see football

Kudos
Views